• Please log in to reply
331 replies to this topic

#1 Mark Santos

Mark Santos

Bizman

• Prime Mover
  • 10562 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 03:08 PM

I get my yearly sickness during my birth month, October. That means i get so sick that i can't get out of bed. I usually get colds twice a year, most of the time during Christmas. For this year, i still havnt been bed sick yet... but I feel the stress coming... lapit na October. Posted Image

#2 lomex32

lomex32

The Eye from the Sky

• Ambassador
  • 10551 posts
  • Interests:Automobiles, travel, cooking, computer gaming,

Posted 24 August 2006 - 03:15 PM

2 to 3 X a year that require me bed rest ...

#3 black cat

black cat

Seducer

• UNREGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2042 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 03:27 PM

Masaya ng maging sick once a year. :blink: Normally, simple colds and cough lang, hindi naman kse bed-ridden kaya I don't count it na as sickness. ;)

#4 Google

Google

The Russian Mafia

• (10) Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4081 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Gym, Computers, Extreme Sports, Outdoor Sports, Beach, Basketball, Badminton

Posted 24 August 2006 - 03:50 PM

i have migraine attacks at least once a month, while leaves me really immobile.

i have rhinitis attacks once a year. pag nagpapalit ang weather from the colder months to summer months.

fever, last time i had was around 3 years ago.
cough, last time i had was last year.

#5 DELISYUS

DELISYUS

Pang-Baby Na Lang :p

• (10) Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17525 posts
  • Interests:sleeping

Posted 24 August 2006 - 04:34 PM

my gulay... for the past two months, my allergic rhinitis has rendered me sick and sniffling a lot... siguro every 3 days, i have to nebulize, steam inhalate, take antihistamines, etc aside from the nasal spray everyday... and twice, it got so bad it turned na into sinusitis.... and i had to take bloody antibiotics...

the erratic weather is bad for my sinuses ever!

#6 BEaST-RiPPed

BEaST-RiPPed

redeemed...rebelled...in a process of transformation

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1302 posts
  • Interests:physical fitness, watching movies, organic farmer and livestock raiser, selling supplements, reading books, pinapa-pogi ang company trucks, malapit ng gumawa ng pandesal, trying to live in faith in the materialistic and shallow world...

Posted 24 August 2006 - 07:11 PM

i usually get sick during rainy days...
nde kaya ng katawan ko ung pagkatapos ng sobrang init bigla namang magkakabagyo
i'm prone to having cough and colds.
kelangan cguro mag vitamin C :D

#7 Eclipseguy

Eclipseguy

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Interests:Strength Coaching

Posted 24 August 2006 - 10:53 PM

I get sick about once every 3-5 years after I was 12 years old...and when everyone else is on their death bed with a fever/flu, I just feel "like crap" but am still functional.

The trade-off is that I have really bad allergies...the price to be paid for a very strong immune system is that it gets bored and decides to fight everything that it comes in contact with...hence an allergy.

#8 Equus

Equus

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1294 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 11:09 PM

hmmmm... actually, they say that the onset of colds bourne through allergies are an indicator of stress...

there is another study that I remember to have read stating that colds is a reflex action done by your body to tell your consciousness that you're pushing it.. usually this is cured by high doses of vitamin E and glutamine...

why these two supplements? i don't know...

#9 JesusFreak!

JesusFreak!

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 04:28 PM

i think i have to agree with this... I was sick last week with allergic rhinitis and fever... u have a runny nose (non-stop) for 3 days... maybe i was too stressed thinking about my new work and the pressure to sustain me in my training... sadly i have to drop my extra activities including working out in the gym and transferring to this new gym , internet stuff, etc... i'm planning to buy myself vitamins and stuff...

hmmmm... actually, they say that the onset of colds bourne through allergies are an indicator of stress...

there is another study that I remember to have read stating that colds is a reflex action done by your body to tell your consciousness that you're pushing it.. usually this is cured by high doses of vitamin E and glutamine...

why these two supplements? i don't know...

#10 baldo

baldo

XIF

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 08:37 PM

Bizman, baka you're not taking the right supplement! hehe..

Anyway, i believe in the urban legend that most people feel sick/weak in their birth month or lunar cycle..

But for the heck of it, try mo Goji!

http://valr-aguilar.freelife.com

its time the mtc community toast to a healthy drink! :-)

#11 Uno™

Uno™

Virgin forever

• (05) Regular
  • 1321 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 12:22 PM

5 straight years never been illed, avoid eating pork, a lot of diseases comes from eating pork. beef n lng instead of pig.

#12 rich_girl

rich_girl

sorry i don't chat.

• (05) Regular
  • 453 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 04:47 AM

cough and cold, once or twice a year usually during rainy season

tonsillitis ang mas madalas (2-3 times) kasi mahilig ako sa matamis and i get fever pag meron ako nun :wacko:

#13 lordraven12

lordraven12

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Interests:i love motorcycles, specially underbones.... i have a motorcycle club, which im the secretary... HYPERRIDERS MOTO CLUB

Posted 05 September 2006 - 12:28 PM

pag nauulanan

#14 doubletap

doubletap

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Interests:Paintball<br />Books by Tom Clancy, Stephen King, Frank Herbert

Posted 05 September 2006 - 12:37 PM

2 days per year, days maximum. It usually happens during the winter. Nothing serious though. Thank goodness.

Observation ko lang ito in the last 4 years of my boring life...

#15 muffy69

muffy69

Now a name, soon a legend ... in her own mind

• (05) Regular
  • 428 posts
  • Interests:witty people (male or female), wordsmiths, wordplay, war movies, CSI (original, Miami and NY), Law and Order, Grey's Anatomy, The Shield, Rescue Me, Dan Brown, Clive Cussler, Robert Ludlum, Erma Bombeck, PM Junior, Jessica Zafra, asparagus and funny English grammar books

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:09 PM

This year, I have been very sickly.

January - One Saturday evening, I was rushed to the emergency room in Berkeley due to dehydration. I had to stay at the ER until 3am because of the two IV bags that I had to "consume." I took three days off the following week.

June - What started as a sore throat became aggravated and turned into acute pharyngitis complicated by my allergic rhinitis. I had to be off five days.

Aargh! I'm so sickly so I enrolled in Curves for Women during the last week of August. I've done 4 workouts so far and the fifth will be today after work. Am taking Centrum also for my multi-vitamins. I hope I won't get sick till the end of the year especially in December when I return to the Philippines for a much-needed vacation.

Edited by muffy69, 05 September 2006 - 11:10 PM.

• Guests

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:31 PM

getting sick nowadays with the weather....

super duper hot in the morning and afternoon... then its gonna pour like crazy night time...

#17 metalhead12

metalhead12

me, myself and I

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:35 PM

to tell you the truth...I rarely get sick...must be from all the breast milk that I got when I was a baby....

but when I do get sick...DAMN...as in bed ridden ako for 4 days

#18 tricy_25

tricy_25

Sensualist

• (10) Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4781 posts
  • Interests:anything under the sun..lolz

Posted 06 September 2006 - 12:46 AM

once a year..month of sept.. kaya he2 me sipon na namna ako...:(

#19 joggernaut

joggernaut

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 07:33 PM

once a year..month of sept.. kaya he2 me sipon na namna ako...:(

pano ba natin maiiwasan completely ang magkasakit, ako kasi i have my vitamins everyday, i work out everyday, swimming during weekends pero di pa rin maiwasan ang slight colds and fever once every 3 months :-(

#20 muffy69

muffy69

Now a name, soon a legend ... in her own mind

• (05) Regular
  • 428 posts
  • Interests:witty people (male or female), wordsmiths, wordplay, war movies, CSI (original, Miami and NY), Law and Order, Grey's Anatomy, The Shield, Rescue Me, Dan Brown, Clive Cussler, Robert Ludlum, Erma Bombeck, PM Junior, Jessica Zafra, asparagus and funny English grammar books

Posted 23 September 2006 - 08:35 AM

Tip from a friend:

Always wash our hands. We take this for granted but washing hands is one of the things we can do so as not to harbor germs and pass them to someone else. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users