How To Learn To Swim

• 3 weeks later...
kahit po ako di rin marunong mag swim, but marunong ako sumisid... some of my friends find that weird since how come I don't know how to swim e marunong naman daw ako sumisid. sabi ko, madali lang lumubog.. heheheh

Same problem here. Marunong ako sumisid, (which is partly the reason why I discovered snorkeling ;) ), pero di ako marunong mag floating. ... Siguro, wrong order of learning ang nangyari. Nauna kong matutunan huminga sa ilalim ng tubig nang matagal, tapos nawili ako. Dapat inuna ko matutunan ang paglutang.

Tama yung comments ng mga fellow MTC members natin dito... Kung nalubog ang barkong sinasakyan mo, yung kakayahan mo sa floating ang magliligtas sa yo, hindi yung sa pagsisid. This idea made me push myself recently to learn floating. ;)

Pag nasa dagat kami para mag snorkeling (syempre yung malalim na bahagi ng dagat), hindi ako nagsusuot ng life vest. For two reasons: (1) para makasisid ako at mas makalapit ako sa mga corals at isda, and (2) para mapilitan ako matutong mag floating.

take swimming lessons:) but seriously have someone teach u the basics of floating. first is to get rid of the fear of water or drowing so you may start swimming on the edges of the pool. if you can find a salt water pool the better because it is easier to float on sea water:D

don't forget to wear proper swimming attire. tshirts are bulky. theyre a big no-no in swimming.

personally i'd rather not swim if i can't wear my swimming attire. by these i mean places where people are so ignorant that they tend to gawk at you if you wear swimsuit.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ako sa tingin ko, when the exact life and death moment comes, that would be the only time i would learn how to swim...

maybe this would happen with some sort of cinematic effects, bright lights, surround sound, deep-toned voice over...yeah,

but fornow, i keep close to the life vest cabinets...heheheh

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Swimming is the best.

Get a personal coach in Swimming or Enroll at Adult Swimming program..

You can check out MASA - 50 sa taga Makati...ganito kami sa Makati

150 - Dayo ng Makati...lipat na sa Makati.hehe

Just hang around the area and you will meet a lot of swimming enthusiast and athletes.

They can teach you for free or fee, it depends. Just hang around there. Good luck folks.

• 2 weeks later...

Want to learn how to swim? It's never too late to learn.

Try checking out YMCA or BLSS. As far as I know, BLSS has lots of venues and they also teach even after summer, weekends and night swimming actually. As for MASA, I'm not so sure, but they do have a coach there for their swim team. Maybe you can ask him. Best option is to check out BLSS website. Other swim schools focus more on competitive swimming.

• 4 months later...

swimming is really a good work out. I used to swim as a kid in a swim school.freestyle lang ang alam ko. then got back again in my fourth year highschool. Joined the sportsfests throughout my college years. ang saya pag competitive. may thrill talaga at maraming ka matutunan na techniques. I learned butterfly by just copying their movement. It was hard though... :wacko: