Why Do Pinoys And Pinays Go To Dubai

Hindi kelangan gumastos ng mahal para magwork sa Dubai.

My sister went there last year to work for Dubai Duty Free and she didn't have to shell out a lot. She did her application through IPAMS and IPAMS na ang nag-asikaso for her. No placements fees etc.

Meaning, if anybody wants to work for Dubai, kelangan dumaan sa mga legit agencies -- wag sa kakilala, sa mga fly-by-nights etc ...

I agree. Safest and most economical way pa din is through legitimate POEA recognize employment agencies.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dubai is only a city of UAE..

there is still abu dhabi, sharjah, umm al quwain, ras al khaimah and fujairah.

i would still prefer to go to abu dhabi rather than dubai..

i know dubai has fascinating malls, buildings, recreational and family centers but cost of living is a big question..

as everybody knows, transportation is expensive in dubai compared to abu dhabi..

i know of friends in abu dhabi gets jobs faster than in dubai..

it could be otherwise din naman depending on the field your into..

in every part of the world, may success stories and failures din.. so the negative things could be smaller than the positive things..

Guest buru_tus
Hindi kelangan gumastos ng mahal para magwork sa Dubai.

My sister went there last year to work for Dubai Duty Free and she didn't have to shell out a lot. She did her application through IPAMS and IPAMS na ang nag-asikaso for her. No placements fees etc.

Meaning, if anybody wants to work for Dubai, kelangan dumaan sa mga legit agencies -- wag sa kakilala, sa mga fly-by-nights etc ...

IPAMS is now accepting applicants for job required by EMIRATES

upload your resume first to http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com/

then forward copies to IPAMS office in manila

Gusto pa naman sanang magpunta sa Dubai to try my luck pero parang nakakatakot na based sa mga nabasa ko dito. Pinaka safe talaga kung makahanap ka ng trabaho thru agency dito pa lang kaysa magtourist.

Sau Paolo gudluck sayo! U may not remember me. Ikaw ang unang nag-orient samin ng mga friends ko about the world of Mtc while drinking beer at Happy hehehehe! :cool:

Gusto pa naman sanang magpunta sa Dubai to try my luck pero parang nakakatakot na based sa mga nabasa ko dito. Pinaka safe talaga kung makahanap ka ng trabaho thru agency dito pa lang kaysa magtourist.

Sau Paolo gudluck sayo! U may not remember me. Ikaw ang unang nag-orient samin ng mga friends ko about the world of Mtc while drinking beer at Happy hehehehe!  :cool:

hahaha... Thank you! :thumbsupsmiley:

Pareng skeezo, I dont remember orienting you and your friends while dringking to Happy. hahaha But there is a possibility, i just dont know, Maybe it was 3 years ago pa. hehehe..

Anyways, i'll keep you guys posted kahit nasa Dubai na ako. Ako muna ang sample ninyo if im going to be a success or not. But do remember that what happens to pedro may not happen to juan. hehehehe.

Ingat mate!

:thumbsupsmiley:

Yup that was 3 years ago. Right after Adults' Choice Awards ng MTC sa Basement Bar Libis nagkitakita sa Happy!

I just heard another sad story from my kumpare's officemate. Nagtourist visa din last month lang sya umalis pero pabalik na this week dahil wlang makuhang work. tsk..tsk..tsk

It's really a big gamble!

• 2 weeks later...
If you know someone whose planning to buy a tourist visa to look for a job in Dubai please warn them. I have nothing against Dubai, but the number of Filipinos here looking for a job is a big disappointment. Can you imagine spending approximately $2000 just to look for a job? And what landing a job with less than $250 salary a month. If you want to work in Dubai please go to a credible recruitment agency. Dubai is an ideal place to work, the crime rate is very low. But moral crimes committed by Pinoys through selling a visit visa is rising. Why moral crime? You promise a poor individual that it is easy to look for a job, where there is no job at all! Its simply a form of illegal recruitment the only difference is the victim leaves the country.

But for those of you who wants pleasure why not try visiting Dubai.

very true bro its a good advise! and if you want to buy a visit visa make sure that you have some relatives here in UAE that will arange your visa instead of buying it from manila. FYI the visa itself will only cost here in auh for 100dhs or 28$ (i know i use to arrange visas everday before for our guests in the hotel) then you have to just look for a company whos gonna sponsor you like your relative's comp. then the ticket wch is round trip which will cost more or less 2000 dhs or <> 500$ .

dubai is only a city of UAE..

there is still abu dhabi, sharjah, umm al quwain, ras al khaimah and fujairah.

i would still prefer to go to abu dhabi rather than dubai..

i know dubai has fascinating malls, buildings, recreational and family centers but cost of living is a big question..

as everybody knows, transportation is expensive in dubai compared to abu dhabi..

i know of friends in abu dhabi gets jobs faster than in dubai..

it could be otherwise din naman depending on the field your into..

in every part of the world, may success stories and failures din.. so the negative things could be smaller than the positive things..

thats very true in stayin in abu dhabi

you can even buy a car here for less than 5,000 dhs

and transportation (taxis) are really much cheaper than in dxb

so if you want to try your luck you can consider auh as well. ;)

Greetings to all!

Just want to ask how much an architect with 4 years experience in the Philippines can expect to make in Dubai? What would be the best way to look for employment? Thanks

The safest and most economical way is still through Legit POEA recognize employment agencies.

But if you want to try your luck and go here with a visit visa I suggest you read the previous post para mapaghandaan mo ang haharapin mo dito.

Goodluck

Filipinos warned on visa violations in UAE

Published: Sunday, 16 April, 2006, 10:26 AM Doha Time

MANILA: The Philippine government yesterday warned Filipinos against working without necessary permits in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) amid a crackdown on illegal workers there.

Rosalinda Baldoz, head of the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA), said the UAE government has launched random checks to verify reports that many foreign workers in Dubai only have tourist visas.

“UAE immigration authorities are currently conducting random checks among establishments and companies if they are employing expatriates with tourist visas,” she said.

Baldoz said the crackdown was prompted by the recent arrest of two Filipinos who were found to be working on tourist visas.

“Filipino travellers with intention to work in the UAE should realize that visit visas are issued strictly for visit purposes and not for employment,” she said.

She urged Filipinos who were already in the UAE to “comply with the labour requirements”.

According to POEA there are currently an estimated 30,000 to 50,000 Filipinos working in the UAE, mostly in Dubai.-DPA

http://www.gulf-times.com/site/topics/arti...45&parent_id=25

Matagal nang ginagawa ito nang CID dito. SOP na nila to.

Kaya konting ingat sa mga visit visas. Stay alert and be smart.

The safest and most economical way is still through Legit POEA recognize employment agencies.

But if you want to try your luck and go here with a visit visa I suggest you read the previous post para mapaghandaan mo ang haharapin mo dito.

Goodluck

Thanks for your reply! Worth it ba to work there as an architect? how much salary can one expect? Marami bang multinational architectural firms there. Medyo mahirap kasi ang ganitong trabaho sa pinas.

Thanks for your reply! Worth it ba to work there as an architect? how much salary can one expect? Marami bang multinational architectural firms there. Medyo mahirap kasi ang ganitong trabaho sa pinas.

Worth it??It really depends sa company na mapapasukan mo and of course experience mo. On the average, around 3000 dirhams(modest assumption) more or less ang salary for archi wid no gulf experience. Boom ang construction dito so in my opinion medyo maganda ang chances mo dito.

Worth it??It really depends sa company na mapapasukan mo and of course experience mo. On the average, around 3000 dirhams(modest assumption) more or less ang salary for archi wid no gulf experience.  Boom ang construction dito so in my opinion medyo maganda ang chances mo dito.

What would be the best way to find work there? Sa internet while in Pinas? How much would your cost of living be from that amount. tnx

I have stayed and worked in Dubai where I am still a holder of permanent resident visa up to this moment. (I'm a Middle-eastern! Wooooo! :lol: ) True, Dubai is a nice place to stay and a good place to work - 100% tax free! but it really depends on the job offer. Most Filipinos I saw there were on blue collar jobs earning minimum wage (roughly 30k-40k pesos). I was lucky enough to be hired directly and didn't spend a single centavo going there, and indeed very lucky to have an officer position with a multinational company. Cost of living in Dubai is high... so if you plan to work there with a 40k pesos monthly salary, better stay here. Imagine a simple haircut costs 15 UAE Dirhams... that's around 450 pesos. A small can of Ligo Sardines costs 75 pesos... and a Big Mac Meal around 200 pesos. There is an illusion of cheap price because of the ratio factor. let's say you're earning 2.2K UAE Dirhams (around 35k pesos) and you're buying a Big Mac Meal for only 13 Dirhams... you have 2.2K in your hand and you're only buying 13 Dirhams worth... seems cheap right? but come to think of it, you're buying 200 pesos worth of snack whereas you are supposed to spend only 100 pesos worth for a snack and the savings you get you can send it back home to your family. I tell you, I had a 2.2K US$ package there in Dubai... I have a free car, free fully furnished apartment... and still, it's just enough to cover my daily expenses, and a little to send back home.

I'm not discouraging people from going to Dubai, just weigh your options.

Just an advice from someone who knows it first hand. :)

post-5193-1145949222.jpg

Edited by TheGeneral

That is true, landing a job in UAE is very difficult. I had stayed there in Ruwais, Abu Dhabi for 2 months and never extended my stay. I usually look at Gulf News Paper for ads. I was also amazed here because job seekers also advertised to look for an employer. It was a "WOW MALI" when i called somebody whom i thought is a company. He mentioned that he is also looking for a job and not advertising for a job opening. I takes 3 hours travel time from Ruwais to Abu Dhabi, so imagine if i am going to apply in ABu Dhabi i have to wake up at 4 am to be able to catch my brother's company bus to reach the city.

My brother who decided to stay managed to land a good job. But it takes 6 months for him to find one. He usually go to Kish island while waiting for his new visa, it is good that my other brother is there also to support all his expenses.

So for people who dream of working in UAE -Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah or Al ain (these are 4 states of UAE where number of Filipinos exist) think twice. If you have a relative that can support you there its ok but if you dont have you have a lot of sacrifices to make a lot of money to spend. You might end up going home empty handed....

• 3 weeks later...

I got here through a legit agency in ph, and when i got here everything was ok like accomodation, transpo and I didnt have to pay any placement fee. Bad thing is its a freaking Indian company and they give ban to employees who wish to leave the company. That means 6 months kang pahinga muna sa pinas or you can stay here but ban ka sa labor (you cannot be issued working permit).

Going here on a visit visa is not a bad idea as but you really need to have a good game plan and enough money to last till you get your first salary as mentioned before. If you dont have enough experience and qualifications, thing is that they will just exploit you like giving you low salaries and much less benefits. This sucks!

Un mga nagbabakasakali dto na hindi tpos at walang experience, kawawa talaga sila. I have some friends na ganyan ang sinapit nila. Wala silang choice kasi pag nag exit ulit sila, 1.8k dhs na naman yun so they just took the job so they have some money to send to their love ones.

I'll be holding on to my job here till i get my drivers liscence and save enough money to pay the ban and apply in a government company. What i heard was you can pay the ban about 3K from my friend in abu dhabi.

Damn these Indians, bakit ba sila naglipana sa Dubai? :blush:

Yahooo! Got my attested documents from the UAE Embassy this morning. :thumbsupsmiley:  :cool:

I'll just wait for my visit visa sponsored by my cousin and im ready to go.  Hopefully mid-April.  :P

Hope to see some of the mtc-dubai guys soon. :mtc:

Good Luck Saupaulo, hope you find "the gold at the end of the rainbow" and don't worry, nandiyan na rin ang mga fave MPAs natin sa Dubai to keep you warm whenever you miss home! Godspeed.