Xbox Or Playstation?

blueflower: The Xbox 360 Slim is the new machine's formal name. Smaller unit size, 250 G hard drive, integrated wifi, touch-sensitive buttons on the front panel, and 5 USB ports. Sabi ng suki ko sa V-Mall Greenhills, September 2010 darating dito sa atin. Pero kung indi ka makahintay, puwede ka magpabili kung may pupuntang Hong Kong or Singapore, because available na doon since June pa. Problema lang is you'll have to wait a while for it to be modifiable, kasi wala pang hack lumalabas.

I know I posted that the PS3 was my choice, and true, wala akong reklamo in 8 months of use. Wala, except for one: putris, I forgot to factor in the price of games. 3t+ average price of a PS3 game, especially in-demand titles like NBA Live. So after 3 games, I sold it. Did some research on the Xbox's Red Ring of Death problem, and finally decided to buy one. So far so good. Modified siya to play pirated games, which cost only P80 apiece sa Greenhills. Basta pag Xbox, tandaan niyo lang dapat Jasper edition yung bilhin niyo. You'll know it's a Jasper edition when you see "12.1 A" sa likod ng console. Saka if the production date is after July 2008, medyo safe na kayo na Jasper yan. The Jasper's predecessor, the Falcon, was discontinued in 2008.

blueflower: The Xbox 360 Slim is the new machine's formal name. Smaller unit size, 250 G hard drive, integrated wifi, touch-sensitive buttons on the front panel, and 5 USB ports. Sabi ng suki ko sa V-Mall Greenhills, September 2010 darating dito sa atin. Pero kung indi ka makahintay, puwede ka magpabili kung may pupuntang Hong Kong or Singapore, because available na doon since June pa. Problema lang is you'll have to wait a while for it to be modifiable, kasi wala pang hack lumalabas.

I know I posted that the PS3 was my choice, and true, wala akong reklamo in 8 months of use. Wala, except for one: putris, I forgot to factor in the price of games. 3t+ average price of a PS3 game, especially in-demand titles like NBA Live. So after 3 games, I sold it. Did some research on the Xbox's Red Ring of Death problem, and finally decided to buy one. So far so good. Modified siya to play pirated games, which cost only P80 apiece sa Greenhills. Basta pag Xbox, tandaan niyo lang dapat Jasper edition yung bilhin niyo. You'll know it's a Jasper edition when you see "12.1 A" sa likod ng console. Saka if the production date is after July 2008, medyo safe na kayo na Jasper yan. The Jasper's predecessor, the Falcon, was discontinued in 2008.

May I know why we should get the Jasper edition?

any news kung may pirated games na for ps3?

if so, may modified units na rin ba na ps3?

Negative on this.

Hindi na rin na pursue dahil sa high cost ng Bluray disc .. and the strict security ng PS3 .

Even "shared" accounts on PSN are now restricted

Just look for second hand titles sa net :P

jm2c

. . .

May I know why we should get the Jasper edition?

Jasper edition Xboxes are known to have solved the Red Ring of Death problem (overheating). They are also the latest in the line of Xbox motherboards. Wala ng mas bago pa sa Jasper. Yung mga dating m-boards like Falcon, they were still prone to overheating, even if not as much as the first generation of Xboxes.

Jasper edition Xboxes are known to have solved the Red Ring of Death problem (overheating). They are also the latest in the line of Xbox motherboards. Wala ng mas bago pa sa Jasper. Yung mga dating m-boards like Falcon, they were still prone to overheating, even if not as much as the first generation of Xboxes.

Thanks.

How about the xbox 'slim', are they better?

I want to have a game console in my living room, is it ok to use the xbox 360 Jaspar edition in a room without aircon?

Thanks.

How about the xbox 'slim', are they better?

I want to have a game console in my living room, is it ok to use the xbox 360 Jaspar edition in a room without aircon?

I've never played my Jasper M-board Xbox in an aircon room, and the longest we've played it was I think 6 hrs. Normally, mga 2 hrs play time. Never overheated since purchase. Never hanged too. You're fairly safe w/ Jasper. I myself never like to buy the very first models of gadgets. They will always have bugs/better and cheaper versions later. Ang difference lang naman ng Xbox Slim now is integrated wifi, 250 Gig hard drive, 5 USB ports, smaller console size. Major disadvantage of the Xbox Slim is that as of now, it can't be modified to play pirated games.

just a question, can you play pirated games online with the xbox?

I bought an xbox back in july 2007 and it conked out on me after 18 months. Got the red ring of death. But i really like the xbox because it plays better than the ps3. I dont know, i dont know anything about the technical details but the xbox's lighting and frame movement seems smoother than ps3. Even when playing Rainbow Six vegas 2 on both consoles, xbox was a lot better for me. plus, games are so cheap.

Despite the red ring problem (which is already solved with Jasper) i plan to get another xbox 360. question is, can you play online when you play pirated games?

• 4 weeks later...

In terms of affordability I guess 360 is good for the Philippines because of the P games, however you get banned or blacklisted online if they find out you have pirated games. As far as multi-function, PS3 is better. Has Blu-Ray Player, PS3 Media Player plays avi, divx, mpeg, wmp, files as well as you can stream movies from your PC to your TV thru the PS3. I used to burn movie files to disc or even copy it to my flash drive but with the PS3 you can just access your PC via wifi network. Also use it as a picture viewer when your friends visit, better than looking thru an album. hehehe. Now here in North America you can even rent or buy movies online just download the content, and while you are busy watching movies or playing your favorite game you can also order pizza thru the playstation store. But every country differs in the service they provide. Hope you guys choose what is suitable to you're gaming environment.

Cheers

Thanks deepdiverboy. I saw the new XBOX slim 250GB hard drive at the Toy Kingdom SM Makati last Friday, costs P21T.

Thanks deepdiverboy. I saw the new XBOX slim 250GB hard drive at the Toy Kingdom SM Makati last Friday, costs P21T.

Ganito. I would say Xbox360... reason? Used to be a ps3 fanboy... but not anymore. Why I chose xbox... 1. Availability of P games... 2. More powerful graphics and processor equates to better gaming performance. 3. Ps3 used to have a lot of "PS3 only" game titles... pero ngayon wala na. Even Final fantasy who used to be released only in Sony PS units.. naging multi platform na.

Despite this may downside ang xbox360. Original games are expensive yes and hard to sell second hand for the price you want or desire as compared to PS3 coz Ps3 doesn't have any pirated games... so Ps3 owners have no choice but to buy original games brandnew or buy it second hand at no less than 1000 php.

Example. I bought a God of War game for 2200... I am still able to sell that game for 1800 or 1900 as opposed to Xbox orig games... meron pa rin bibili pero hindi ganun kabilis mag benta.

I really am scratching my head over the better pixels on the Xbox360. Alam naman ng lahat that the PS3 has a more powerful processor. It's fast enough to decode Blu-Ray movies nga diba? Pero comparing NBA Live on my cousin's PS3 and on my Xbox, the Xbox definitely has smoother pixels. Mas bago pa nga TV ng cousin ko eh, so that rules out TV screen quality.

If you have your Xbox hacked to play pirated games, there is no chance in hell you're going to be able to play online in Xbox Live. The software hack will be detected by Microsoft, and you will be banned from playing there for good. It comes down to your priorities: expensive games but able to play online with players all over the world, or buy plenty of cheap pirated titles but be banned from online gameplay forever?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

B) where could i buy the cheapest console here in the metro...as well as games...both for the xbox and ps3...any ideas on their prices...thanks... B)

You can go to greenhills to buy ps3 games... data blitz is also good one source of cheaper yet original games... and xbox you can almost buy it anywhere because they have pirated it already...

PS3 is better for me. While I have a PS3, I tried Xbox 360 only once so malamang bias ako. So why PS3?

1. A Blu-Ray Player (mind you, a dedicated Blu-Ray player costs as much as a PS3)

2. PSN is free while XBL requires you to pay to use the service

3. For some reasons there are so many Tekken scrubs on XBL, while on PSN there are more competitive players.

4. I don't know on XBox but a PS3 with Linux functions almost the same as a PC (though it's a bit hard to find keyboards and mouse that's compatible on a PS3).

5. PS2 Backwards compatibility (if ever you bought an old PS3) is simply awesome especially if you missed those PS2 classics.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...