All about Sony Ericsson Phones

anyone else who got this unit now.. considering of getting one

dude, I just got the phone last night (SE K750i) @ The HUB at The Podium, pi-null out ko na yung application ko sa GLOBE Business Center (SM Bicutan Branch) coz' it usally takes them a lot of time before the units gets delivered sa GLOBE Business Centers.

I got my papers processed in less than an hour (w/ complete docs) and I got the phone. And also I was able to avail the Promo that the phone comes w/ the 128 MB Memory Stick Duo.

The phone is more classy than I even ever imagined. Super sleek and classy. Nice grapics too!

I got the phone at a handset price of 12,500 + 1,200 for the plan = 13.7k all in all.

You should get one na dude.

Guest buru_tus
I read from another forum that the GH price as of today is 20K. But there seem to be a problem with most units that require a firmware upgrade.

been using K750i for over a month now

the firmware is to correct the saving time of the camera to the memory stick

medyo mabagal kasing mag save sa memory stick

pero nde ko na inupgrade yung firmware ko

to check the version of your firmware >*<<*<* then select service info, then software info

my firmware version is still R1A044

just recently had some pix taken from my K750i developed and the lab technician can not believed that the pix were taken using a cam phone

considering 5R pa sizes nun pinadeveloped ko

based on the the K750i manual, pix can be developed as big as 10R

my only complaint is ang mahal ng memory stick duo pro

just changed the included 64MB to 256MB, whew it cost me PHP2,500.00

now I'm looking for the 1 to 2GB memory stick duo pro as I'm planning to use this phone also as my primary MP3 player

hassle kasi pag ang daming bitbit, medyo mabigat na kasi pag iPod

as for the W800i, the major difference with the K750i will be the Media Player

while playing MP3's and you minimize the Media Player, in K750i you will not see the track details but with W800i it will be displayed on the screen

as for the PRICE, no idea yet kung magkano difference

BTW, bought my unit for PHP25,600

guys tanong lang sa may mga k750i, may instance ba na nawalan ng signal yung k750i nyo regardless of the service provider? i got mine kasi sa globe, i had it less than a week and nawawalan sya ng signal for no reason and pag lipat ko naman ng sim ko sa ibang phone may signal naman so unit ang may problem right/. then after the follwing day may signal na naman yung k750i ko then pag dating nung gabi wala na naman signal kaya binalik ko na sa globe yung phone and they had it fixed sa semicon. may same case din po ba? thanks!

guys tanong lang sa may mga k750i, may instance ba na nawalan ng signal yung k750i nyo regardless of the service provider? i got mine kasi sa globe, i had it less than a week and nawawalan sya ng signal for no reason and pag lipat ko naman ng sim ko sa ibang phone may signal naman so unit ang may problem right/. then after the follwing day may signal na naman yung k750i ko then pag dating nung gabi wala na naman signal kaya binalik ko na sa globe yung phone and they had it fixed sa semicon. may same case din po ba? thanks!

yup. happened with my nokia 3510 back then. also sa t68 ko dati din. sa smart may signal sa globe wala, samantalang yung ibang naka globe meron. but this happened to a friend using a k700i, and to my sister with a Nokia 7610, and my mom with the nokia the 9210 and recently the 9500. logical reasoning tells me that its because of the software. the software is still new, and as for my mom's case, since under plan sya, upgraded for free ang software nya. all fones memntioned had the problem a few weeks after being bought, and were bought a few weeks after the initial release.

suggestion to future buyers: wait a few months for the software bugs to be detected, para pag bili nyo, updated agad ang software, or what kentryan did, get one with a warranty, para pag may software updates, 1 year ang free upgrades mo. SE and Nokia software upgrades costs 500 pesos with their respective service centers (or semicon) last time i checkd. besides, waiting a few months will aslo pull the price down kahit papano, observing the current trend of cellphone prices

Edited by marc.alan
yup.  happened with my nokia 3510 back then.  also sa t68 ko dati din.  sa smart may signal sa globe wala, samantalang yung ibang naka globe meron.  but this happened to a friend using a k700i, and to my sister with a Nokia 7610, and my mom with the nokia the 9210 and recently the 9500.  logical reasoning tells me that its because of the software.  the software is still new, and as for my mom's case, since under plan sya, upgraded for free ang software nya.  all fones memntioned had the problem a few weeks after being bought, and were bought a few weeks after the initial release.

suggestion to future buyers: wait a few months for the software bugs to be detected, para pag bili nyo, updated agad ang software, or what kentryan did, get one with a warranty, para pag may software updates, 1 year ang free upgrades mo.  SE and Nokia software upgrades costs 500 pesos with their respective service centers (or semicon) last time i checkd.  besides, waiting a few months will aslo pull the price down kahit papano, observing the current trend of cellphone prices

feeling ko nga din dude sa software eh, anyway i still have no regrets in buying the K750i, not unitl pag labas na ng w800i, wag naman po sana.. hehe! thanks pare for the comment.

Guest buru_tus
ano na buying price ng K750i... may alam ba kayo pwede magbigay ng big discounts??? or a very good deal?

sa mga meron nang k750i: musta performance ng phone?

so far, satisfied naman ako

lalo na yung Camera nya, naka 300pix na yata ako since nakuha ko tong phone na ito

and this phone also doubles as my MP3 player now

nakakuha na rin ako sa wakas ng 1GB na MS Pro Duo, madugo nga lang, PhP7,350.00

nde ko na tuloy masyadong nagagamit iPod ko

and dami ko ring na install na games and themes

thanks to these two sites

www.K750i.net

www.getjar.com

guys.. quote ko lang from other SE Forums..

Okay, just an update on the phone I received.  Okay, I absolutely LOVE this phone.  BUT there are downfalls from what I've noticed so far.  Anyway, I'm sure I'll be able to add to this list later but here's some of my information/thoughts for now.  :D

Hope this helps for all you guys.  ;)

ADVANTAGES for k750i:

- Smaller size (much smaller size)

- Lighter (see pictures, in ounces)

- You can charge AND transfer files to/from the computer using the included USB cable (you have to use an additional reader for the s710a AND you can't charge via USB)

- Has a RADIO!!!  This is the COOLEST feature by far!

- Much better camera quality (2.0+ vs. 1.3 megapixels)

- Not as difficult to charge or use headset (no flap over the charger or headset port)

- Has a radio/media player button on the side of the phone.

- MUCH faster menu speeds (better programming overall)

- Doesn't have annoying flip/twist style phone like the s710a

- You can actually take pictures WHILE listening to your mp3 songs!

- Mp3 quality sounds a lot better

- Has a nice light and SOS feature which you can access relatively easily/quickly.

- Has a nice "My shortcuts" button

ADVANTAGES for s710a:

- Has a nice lock feature on the side of the phone (k750i) doesn't have anything like this.

- You can actually charge the phone while using the handsfree wired headset.

- BIG ONE!!!  MUCH better reception (I get 4-5 out of 5 bars vs. 1-3 bars out of 5 bars for the k750i).

- You keep all your shortcuts when you turn phone off (unlike for the k750i)

- MUCH better reception for Cingular in my area vs. the k750i (as has been posted)

- More buttons for easier navigation

- Has a separate center "enter" button whereas the k750i has one but it's small and is easily pressed or moved by accident.

- Has an LED (red) that goes on when charging.  Goes out when charging is complete (good to know if you're just leaving it there and waiting for it to complete.  The k750i has no LED so you just have to guess as to when charging's complete.  :(

- Has chat messaging capabilities (AIM/Yahoo/etc.).

- Currently has winamp remote controls (allows you to control winamp and your desktop using your phone).  The k750i has one for your desktop, media player, but not for winamp.  One of my favorite features.  :(

post-13480-1121793510.jpg

post-13480-1121793528.jpg

post-13480-1121793539.jpg

post-13480-1121793551.jpg

post-13480-1121793568.jpg

Edited by wharkooze