The best alternative to the famous Dampa of Paranaque is Seaside at Roxas Blvd, Baclaran. Same style din as Dampa.

If I recall correctly, mas nauna and paluto kay Aling Tonya, Aling Letty sa Seaside kaysa sa Dampa. Dati, talipapa lang ang Dampa sa Paranaque, at noong nauso ang paluto sa Seaside, nagkaroon din ng paluto sa Paranaque. Tapos dumami ngdumami ang paluto sa talipapa, nawala na ang talagang nagtitinda ng isda, at naging Dampa na ito.

Para doon sa gustong makatikim ng masasarap na paluto, ang Aling Tonya (from Seaside) at Trinity (original paluto sa Dampa Paranaque) ay may branch na sa Market! Market! Habang nadoon, subukan din ang napakasarap na barbeque sa tindahan sa kanto. Hindi ko maalala ang pangalan dahil masmadaling hanapin ang napakahabang pila ng mga bumibili ng barbeque. Malambot, masarap at madami ang laman sa isang stick - P25 to P30/stick. I think they use pork tenderloin in their barbeque - the meat is very lean, except for the small piece of fat at the end of the stick.

• 2 weeks later...
Paluto with Victor Liu

victor is a personal friend, dating cook ng manila hotel iyan and marami pang big restuarants in his younger years, and right now he has his own joints actually 2 branches one in banawe and one in baclaran. It is located at the back of SEaside market, the trick here is to buy your seafood on the wet market, i bought a kilo of large prawns for 450 pesos, and have it cook Tempura style , this is the best tempura i have tasted, even better than the ones in HONG KOng, cooking charge only 150 , and I have around 25-30 big prawn , cooked in tempura for only 600 pesos. they charge only service fee, so depende na iyan kung gaano ka galing mag market, famous din siya sa grilled muscle with cheese, and magaling rin iyong fried crab niya.  Try the tempura you won't regret it !!!!  :cool:

when we dine at paluto at seaside, one of us has to go there early and reserve seats for us. their specialties are the tempura (one of the best along with dosanko), lapulapu with black beans and tofu, sweet and sour lapulapu. i havent tried their grilled mussels since im quite picky when it comes to mussels. fried crab still belongs to emerald while sauteed crabs are the kingdom of fook yuen in banawe.

Please guys do me a favor and eat in Cafe Juanita's in Kapitolyo, Pasig City. :D My favorite resto.

And if ever you're in Bohol, don't you ever miss out on going to Bohol Bee Farm, it has a resto with the most superb "healthy" food I've tried!!!

I agree wid you kotiko..cafe Juanita's serves good food and reasonably priced too. I especilly love their kare-kare and adobo.

Try LZM in Silang Cavite very near or beside Riviera Golf club, their boneless bangus is worth traveling there for, try their other native specialties like chicharong bulaklak, stuffed squid, crispy pata, kilawing tanigue and bulalo. This restaurant was actually discovered golfers who frequent Riviera.

In case you're going in group call them at 0464140477 and tell them to reserve you the bahay kubo.

Happy Eating!

meron sa may wilson st, greenhills, kumanan ka sa gloriamaris, katabi ng ice monster ang cilantro. south east asian cuisine siya, at medyo mura at masarap naman siya.

kung lumpia naman hanap niyo, dumerecho ka pa at makikita mo doon ang 'the little store' parang siyang chinese grocery pero may chibog din siya. specialty din iya ang chinese lumpia.

Agree ako dyan acidboy..masarap nga yung lumpia ng little store, tapos order ka ng kiampung nila, ayos na ang meal mo.

Subukan nyong kumain sa salcedo park sa makati..parang tiangge lang ito na halos puro pagkain ang mga tinda ng mga masasabi nating mga food hobbyist lang. May pwesto din si Inengs BBQ dito. Masarap yung Paella negra na kasing laki ng bilao ang paellera nya. They only operate on Saturdays at 7:00am to 2:00pm.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mang Jimmy's at Balara (known for their sisig and eat all you can rice)....Aling Banang's at San Juan (best ice cream halo halo)...Little Tokyo at Pasong Tamo (authentic Japanese Food)...Kim Hong at Onpin (sarap ng fried noodles dito...umaapaw)...Rikshaw at Malate (very affordable Chinese resto)... :P :P :P

FINIO's in Tomas Morato. In front of Alfredo's. Pwede na mga P250-300 per person. Must have yung Pritson Maki, Nilagang Baka and Tilapya Strips nila.

If you're looking for simple Pinoy fare na all you can eat, try LA PIAZZA in Capitol Hills. Near Brodcast City. 199+ lang per person. The food is not fantastic but there's a ridiculous lot of it for the price.

KAI in Greenbelt 2 offers excellent Japanese-Peruvian fusion cuisine but disgrasya ka sa gastos. At least P700.00 per person to without drinks. Still if you have a special occasion, it's worth it. Their scallop appetizer (served in a cocktail glass) is to die for.

MASA'S also in Greenbelt 2 is my favorite contemporary pinoy food place. It's also a little pricey, mga P 400-500 per person. But their zombie is excellent and I'd also recommend their nilasing na hipon.

Oh, and the best local beers for me can be had in FIESTA SAN MIG in Dusit hotel. Freshly brewed ang light and pale nila. Best to go when Passage is playing (if they still are). It's a little expensive but to get around it, go during happy hour (5-8 pm weekdays, if i can remember right). P250 all-you-can-drink.

Sawang-sawa na ako sa mga "established" restaurants! Problema kasi sa mga resos dito sa atin pagsumikat na ang establishment, at dumarami na ang branches, ang kalidad ng produkto nila bumabagsak na!

Example: Triple V restos, Gloriamaris, Hapchang, Dencio's, Gerry's Grill, tia maria, Yellow Cab...

Ayaw ko na rin sa mga restos na "sell out" meaning hindi authentic ang pagkain nila, o kaya'y kinokompromisa nila ang kalidad, o SUPOT lang talaga chef nila!

Example: Tempura, Teriyaki Boy, Saisaki, Chowking, Little Asia, Pho Hoa....

Kaya hanap ko na lang ngayon mga holes-in-the-wall, kung hindi mga di sikat pero masarap talaga ang food.

Example: schwarzwalder, Old Swiss Inn, Jerusalem, Kikufuji at yung maliit na puwesto sa former-Ultra sa Pasig na sisig ang specialty.

Share niyo naman dito mga ibang lugar na ganito!

try nyo yung almer's sa likod ng UST, masarap na mura pa

here in our building, i am crazy for this little joint called

hungry hippo. sarap ng burgers nya e. ewan ko ba basta

masarap na masarap siya.

Meron ding Buddy's dito pero di ko siya ganoon ka gusto e.

my parents introduced me to a heavenly place called

golden chinese food house. saraaaap. kahit na

mukhang kawawa talag ung place sulit naman kasi

ang sarap gn ulam nila dito. i can point that place to you but i dont

know th streets. they have one along quirino highway. ???