44 replies to this topic

#21 lonewolf69

lonewolf69

Virgin

• (02) Sinless
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:48 AM

Underwater recreation is not cheap, more if you decide to take snap of its beauty but it's worth it. Try to use your normal digital camera with underwater camera housing. You can try lower end housing like ikelite™ if budget is the deciding factor. Don't buy cheap uw casing from camera manufacturers, they do not specialized in that area - it's a waste. Once you flood your camera it is not logical to send it for repair. It is even more not logical to buy another camera to be flooded by the same uw casing, that being said, you waste both your camera and uw camera housing. Some of the important factors are proper equipment selection, operation, maintenance and storage. Do not exceed the rated depth, it's not worth the try.

Underwater camera housing can be fitted with accessories like arms and strobes for better picture quality if you decide to take underwater photography seriously.

Proper maintenance after each dive is a must or you risk your camera being flooded.

#22 rockchic

rockchic

Temptress

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts
  • Interests:anything expensive is always a safe answer. how about hot guys&high heels?long foreplays&endless mindgames?hmmm.

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:43 AM

some of the underwater casings for camera are soo bulky. quite difficult to lug around. i'm eyeing a D10 (since forever!) but i don't know i'm still not super convinced if i should get it.

Edited by rockchic, 02 May 2012 - 12:44 AM.

#23 remoteworld

remoteworld

Bye bye KTV

• Ambassador
  • 2837 posts
  • Interests:movies, food

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:27 PM

Underwater recreation is not cheap, more if you decide to take snap of its beauty but it's worth it. Try to use your normal digital camera with underwater camera housing. You can try lower end housing like ikelite™ if budget is the deciding factor. Don't buy cheap uw casing from camera manufacturers, they do not specialized in that area - it's a waste. Once you flood your camera it is not logical to send it for repair. It is even more not logical to buy another camera to be flooded by the same uw casing, that being said, you waste both your camera and uw camera housing. Some of the important factors are proper equipment selection, operation, maintenance and storage. Do not exceed the rated depth, it's not worth the try.

Underwater camera housing can be fitted with accessories like arms and strobes for better picture quality if you decide to take underwater photography seriously.

Proper maintenance after each dive is a must or you risk your camera being flooded.

after throwing away (literally) 3 underwater cameras (ge, fujipix, lumix) i finally decided to buy a SEASHELL housing (from infomax, with a big discount). it's configurable so after following the instructions, i finally snug-fitted my samsung t550 inside it in a few minutes. tried it in matabungkay last sunday, no problem under 3-meter depths. haven't tried it deeper (it's rated for 40m) but i'm confident it will still be airtight.

Edited by remoteworld, 03 May 2012 - 06:28 PM.

#24 remoteworld

remoteworld

Bye bye KTV

• Ambassador
  • 2837 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:54 AM

some of the underwater casings for camera are soo bulky. quite difficult to lug around. i'm eyeing a D10 (since forever!) but i don't know i'm still not super convinced if i should get it.

canon d10 is bulky too and its color won't fit any other occasion aside from a beach activity. but according to some users its shots (underwater and above) are better than underwater cameras like lumix, ge, etc.

the only drawback is its video which can record only vga quality and it can't record sound

i wonder why canon never made another underwater camera

#25 dooms33

dooms33

Virgin

• (02) Sinless
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:05 PM

wow ang lupit ng cam mo sir fire_breather

#26 iamteachersab

iamteachersab

Devirginized

• (02) Sinless
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:loves to cook which makes me a certified foodie, shop&travel(if budget and time permits), couching&coffee, adores the sun, crystal clear waters and fine white sand where I can showcase my Poi/Zipping skills, partying with consent. lol!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:24 PM

I was also reading for some underwater camera reviews as I am also planning to get one. I tried using Olympus before, but wasn't so impressed. Lumix is my new bet (and now saving up for it.) :)

#27 rockybrawler

rockybrawler

Sensualist

• (10) Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4383 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:09 PM

Has anyone here tried Pentax W2 series with GPS?

#28 triton

triton

CANADIENS

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1087 posts
  • Interests:interesting things

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:15 AM

sony dsc TX20 my waterproof camera

Attached Files

#29 remoteworld

remoteworld

Bye bye KTV

• Ambassador
  • 2837 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:13 PM

I was also reading for some underwater camera reviews as I am also planning to get one. I tried using Olympus before, but wasn't so impressed. Lumix is my new bet (and now saving up for it.) :)

good luck to your plan to buy lumix. my lumix was flooded after 2 uses, in spite of following all their precautions. the 0-ring must be replaced every year (you'll read this in its manual's small prints) and the replacement price might set up back

well i finally got wiser (after reading lonewolf69's suggestion) and bought myself a SEASHELL underwater case from infomax. the owner's a friend of mine so i got a hefty discount. now, NO MORE WORRIES! i've brought it 30' underwater in boracay and other places. i use it with a samsung st550. you may use it with any type of handy camera.

#30 CruzinJoe

CruzinJoe

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

sony dsc TX20 my waterproof camera

i have the same camera..worked pretty well...pictures were really nice out of the water...underwater.. used it during our caribbean cruise...

#31 jomi_schwartz

jomi_schwartz

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, Computers, SPA, Cars, Condominiums, Townhouses, House and Lot.

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

Nice photos you have.

#32 bonito99

bonito99

The Bo.

• 9490 posts
  • Interests:Just you.

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:58 AM

fun camera: Kodak Easyshare.

#33 commshot

commshot

Devirginized

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:24 AM

I've had the Canon D10 for 3 years.  I still love it. The metal screws are starting to corrode due to all the salt water trips, but it still takes good pics.  The video also has sound.  Don't know who said it doesn't have sound, but it does. Of course, the sound doesn't do much good filming underwater.

#34 glut_func

glut_func

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1694 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 11:44 PM

gopro hero entry level works just fine underwater - atleast nung nilublob ko sa half-full na balde ng tubig it did  :D

#35 soptayo

soptayo

Devirginized

• (04) Casual
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:21 PM

sulit ba ang sj400 cam? comparable to go pro?

#36 genocide2004

genocide2004

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:30 AM

I still prefer GoPro Hero 4 with its lowlight capability, IQ performance and size. Yung Sj superior naman.pag dating sa image stabilization

#37 soptayo

soptayo

Devirginized

• (04) Casual
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 05:18 PM

Thanks sir for the feedback.. Mahal kasi ng GoPro hero 4 tapos wala pang mga accessories.  

#38 Buloy02x

Buloy02x

Experienced

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 12:08 PM

Sulit ung SJ5000plus, same as gopro3, 

#39 idontlikethisatall

idontlikethisatall

Virgin

• (04) Casual