Living Abroad Vs Living In The Philippines?

• 4 weeks later...

May kakilala ako rito sa winnipeg, 85 na tao puro magkakamag-anak... isang baranggay na sila rito... and it all started with one person 15 years ago...

Eventhough of the negative news about our country....dito pa rin ako syempre. Why? Friends and family are here and masaya pa rin dito :mtc:

:cool:

preference changes through time. When I was a bit younger I preferred staying in the Philippines. kasi andun family and friends. Now I prefer to live outside due to financial matters and bigger family responsibilities. But i'm pretty sure, the best place to spend your retirement is still in the Phil...walang katulad ang Pilipinas.

preference changes through time. When I was a bit younger I preferred staying in the Philippines. kasi andun family and friends. Now I prefer to live outside due to financial matters and bigger family responsibilities. But i'm pretty sure, the best place to spend your retirement is still in the Phil...walang katulad ang Pilipinas.

I think I agree, preferences do change though time.

I guess the question presupposes a choice, and not everyone really has an actual choice though whether for themselves or their children.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I still prefer to live in our small/corrupt country, mainly for personal reasons...

1. Bigger chance to succeed in a business venture. With all the corruption in our gov't, you can always buy your way around to getting rich.

2. Maids. You live like a king, just one word and you get someone to do your laundry, to do your house chores, to cook for you and if worse comes to worst, to bathe you.

3. Good life. Freedom to spend all your money without worrying about tomorrow. Freedom to stay home and not go to work. Freedom to sneak around and have a good time. Freedom to meet up with friends and drink the whole night and day.

4. Spice of Life. Despite all the negative things happening in our country, you can just smile and say to yourself "Only in the Philippines...". Despite all the corruption, especially by traffic enforcers, you can just imagine a life full of excitement, albeit it is negative, but nevertheless makes you wanna live life on the edge

5. Cheap. It is cheap to live in the Phils, just imagine how a squatter family with 15 kids are able to survive on a daily basis without gov't support.

The only reason I will leave our country is for the future of my kids, but come to think of it, there is no guarantee that your kid will have a better future if you live in another country, still it is up to the kid when he becomes an adult to decide what to do with his life, so why sacrifice your own future for an unknown future wherein you have absolutely no control over.

To each his own, its just my humble opinon.

For me dito pa rin sa Pinas, Matagal narin ako dito sa Mid East puro disyerto makikita mo. pero satin green na green, kaya nga lang hindi natin masyadong na-aapreciate ang ating natural resources kaya mis -managed.

mas mura ang bilihin sa atin, kaya lang nga mahirap kitain ang pera.

Philippines is a paradise, kaya lang sobrang hirap natin... :(

• 2 weeks later...

The Philippines can be heaven on Earth IF you have to the money to enjoy what it has to offer. I am an American by birth but I live for my trips to the Phils. You can have a lifestyle in the Phils that you cannot BUY in the U.S. with a boat load of money; the American work ethic and attitudes simply do not allow it.