Hong Kong Disneyland

i've been to disneyworld in florida, disneyland in LA and disneyland in tokyo. Its good that HongKong disneyland will open soon since it would be much cheaper to go there rather. I just hope that the staff there will be fluent in english as I did not enjoy my trip to tokyo japan as much since the narration in the rides were all in japanese. it was also hard to communicate with their staff.

i was in tokyo disney last feb 2003 and i dont recall these characters u mentioned were chinky eyed. truth is, the persons behind these characters are all european which mean mga puti sila. segurado ka ba sa disney tokyo ka pumunta? the only problem i encountered during that short visit was getting information and asking for direction kase majority of the japs staff don't speak a single word of english...hassle masyado. i agree though that Disney Orlando is pretty good. 'been there a couple of years ago.  :)

as for Disney HK, i can get a discounted ticket as one of my friends is currently employed by DisneyHK. actually before the grand opening, Disney will have a dry run reserved only for its staff and their guests kaya makakauna kami :cool:

Baka na tapat na nagkasakit lahat kaya puro chinky eyed ang pumalit. :P :lol: kaya yon ang nakita nya. Peace!

I've read an article written by Max Soliven that the Philippines loss its bid for bringing Disneyland here in the Philippines. Of course, Hongkong won the bidding because of its complete infrastructure and cool climate, also beating out Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia. hanapin ko nga yung article na yun sa net.

lagi naman talo ang pinas when it comes to bidding. remember the Ford company, they were choosing between Thailand and the philippines for its car manufacturing plant. Thailand won the bidding. again, mas maganda daw ang infrastucture ng mga kolokoy. :sick:

masyado na ako nasusuka sa sistema ng pinas, bakit ba dito ako pinanganak.... :sick:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

i've been to disneyworld in orlando, florida and disneyland in anaheim.. great place for the young and young at heart...

am pretty much sure that hong kong disney land will cater to chinese speaking market.. like a french and japanese speaking mickey and minnie mouse at their other locations.

as for the price of the ticket and the food.. dont make the mistake of thinking that since it's in hongkong, it will be much cheaper... i dont think so... be prepared to pay around US$55 to 65 per head per day (you will be paying it in equivalent USD)...

on that post on having a disneyland in the Philippines? well you can live your lifetime and not count on it... several reason for that...

1. our incomes are too low to support it.

2. madaling bombahin ng kalaban ng gobyerno... be it ASG, NPA, or merely the opposition party.

3. welgahin ng gruppong PMP, Gabriela, KMU, Bayan as being anti Filipino, and anti poor.

4. if its in Clark.. there are not enough hotels in the area, transpo.. in other words poor infrastruture.

5. ipasasara ng Supreme Court because some contractor or any juan dela cruz will file a nuisance suit against the opening of disney.

6. magkakacongressional investigation dahil hindi makakapasok ng libre ang mga congressman at senators natin kasama ng mga pamilya at apo nila.

7. mga iiissue ng TRO ang mga korte dahil may petition ang meyor at gobernor sa d pagbayad ng barangay clearance fee, real estate tax and local business tax.

8. d papayag ang mga local wheeler dealer gaya ni chavit, jose pidal, mickey arroyo na d sila kasosyo sa disneyland philippines.

on that post on having a disneyland in the Philippines?  well you can live your lifetime and not count on it...  several reason for that...

1.  our incomes are too low to support it.

2.  madaling bombahin ng kalaban ng gobyerno... be it ASG, NPA, or merely the opposition party.

3.  welgahin ng gruppong PMP, Gabriela, KMU, Bayan as being anti Filipino, and anti poor.

4.  if its in Clark.. there are not enough hotels in the area, transpo.. in other words poor infrastruture.

5.  ipasasara ng Supreme Court because some contractor or any juan dela cruz will file a nuisance suit against the opening of disney.

6.  magkakacongressional investigation dahil hindi makakapasok ng libre ang mga congressman at senators natin kasama ng mga pamilya at apo nila.

7.  mga iiissue ng TRO ang mga korte dahil may petition ang meyor at gobernor sa d pagbayad ng barangay clearance fee, real estate tax and local business tax.

8.  d papayag ang mga local wheeler dealer gaya ni chavit, jose pidal, mickey arroyo na d sila kasosyo sa disneyland philippines.

sad but true. B)

There are already travel packages being offered by various agencies but the prices are

between US$250 - $400 :wacko: These prices are too high if you are planning to bring

your whole family, $1000 for a family of 4, this is not including the various taxes. :cry: :grr:

Maybe if I start saving now I can bring my family on 2008. But I can't just spend all my savings

just for a 3 or 4 day of pleasure. There are more important things to consider. Kawawa naman kaming pinanganak na mahirap. :cry:

Iv'e been to Disneyland in Anahiem California, and also Disneyworld in Orlando. Mas malaki and modern yung Disneyworld. Plus more attractions around Orlando. But Disney theme parks are geared towards Children and the young at heart. If your into thrill rides there are theme parks with crazy roller coasters that would take the skin off your face dahil extreme yung rush.

Kung baga mild ang Disney. Like Top Thrill Dragster in Cedar Point (Sandusky Ohio) or Millenium force.

Lam ko marami na bookings for the 2 hotels sa HK Disney. Last week ata they opened it for the families of the park's employees and most of them commented na medyo maliit yung park, but about 60% na ata complete yung buong park? If you ride the MTR may nakalagay na na Disneyland link and scheduled to open in a few months. Nung christmas party namin may pinamigay na na tickets sa disney sayang nga lang di ko siya nakuha sa raffle. But definitely magpapabook kami sa hotel para ma enjoy yung opening. Sa Now Broadband ngayon may HK Disneyland channel pero puro si Jacky Cheung naman ang nakikita ko.

• 2 months later...

ACTUALLY MAS OK PA DIN ANG DISNEYLAND SA USA KASI BAKIT IKAMO.PAG NASA DISNEYLANG HONGKONG KA PARA KA LANG NASA CHINATOWN.MAS IBA PA DIN PAKIRAMDAM NASA TATE KA AT PANAY AMERIKANO ANG NASA DISNEYLAND AT LEAST OK.KESA NAMAN NASA HONGKONG DISNEYLAND KA PAKIRAMDAM MO PARA KANG NASA ENCHANTED KINGDOM NA PANAY INSTIK NA NAG FIELD TRIP.OPINYON LANG PO. :blush:

Hello everyone. I pretty new here and this is one my first few posts. The topic strikes me as interesting considering that I am a self-confessed Disneyland fan. For me, no trip to the United States was complete without spending a day or two at the Magic Kingdom.

The prospects of Disney HK seem bright. You can be sure that a number of Filipinos would be flocking there at any given time of the year considering its proximity. Note that at present, a lot of Filipinos fly to Hong Kong for the weekend. What more if Disney starts operating there.

While, I agree with a previous post that it may not match Disneyland or Disneyworld in the US, I believe that it can provide just enough fun for Filipinos and other neighboring countries.

I was in HOngKong Disneyland just recently. We were invited by the HK Tourism Board and given passes for Disney's test runs as I am in the travel industry.

Going there is a breeze as all it takes a ride at the MTR with a couple of train changes --depending on where you get on board.

The place is very close to the airport and is ably supported - in terms of accommodations-- by the Disneyland HOtel and the Disney Hollywood HOtel. Of the two, the Disney Hollywood hotel has the more leisurely ambience compared to the Disney Hotel which is more traditional in design.

Both hotels even have Bath robes and room slippers for kids! That's a nice touch and there's also mini furniture for children to sit in as they watch Disney shows right in the hotel lobby.

As for Disneyland Hong-Kong itself.... It was a surpise to see the place look ALMOST EXACTLY like the one in Anaheim.

What are the same features?

- The entrance gates and ticket booths

- The tiles on the floor

- The costumes of personnel

- Main Street and it's shops

- Sleeping Beauty's Castle

- Tomorrow Land

- Fantasy Land

- Adventure Land

- The Jungle Boat Cruise

- The rotunda at the end of Main Street

- The Train at the entrance

What is different:

- There is no Pirates of the Carribean Attraction

- No Haunted Mansion

- No small World attraction

- N0 stage for Buzz Lightyear shows and it's kind

- a few other attractions are not there.

The place, in totality is a mini-Disneyland as it is a smaller version. I was able to tour almost all of it in a few hours---Something not possible for the Anaheim original.

Ok na din as it's a lot cheaper than going to the US and you can do your visit during the weekend. The Disney HOtels are expnesive so it would be ebst to use a HongKong island hotel then just take the train going there. Tickets are around HK$295 on weekdays.

Happy Traveling!

:D

I was in HOngKong Disneyland just recently. We were invited by the HK Tourism Board and given passes for Disney's test runs as I am in the travel industry.

Going there is a breeze as all it takes a ride at the MTR with a couple of train changes --depending on where you get on board.

The place is very close to the airport and is ably supported - in terms of accommodations-- by the Disneyland HOtel and the Disney Hollywood HOtel. Of the two, the Disney Hollywood hotel has the more leisurely ambience compared to the Disney Hotel which is more traditional in design.

Both hotels even have Bath robes and room slippers for kids! That's a nice touch and there's also mini furniture for children to sit in as they watch Disney shows right in the hotel lobby.

As for Disneyland Hong-Kong itself.... It was a surpise to see the place look ALMOST EXACTLY like the one in Anaheim.

- The tiles on the floor

- Tomorrow Land

- Fantasy Land

- Adventure Land

- The Jungle Boat Cruise

What is different:

- No Haunted Mansion

The place, in totality is a mini-Disneyland as it is a smaller version. I was able to tour almost all of it in a few hours---Something not possible for the Anaheim original.

Ok na din as it's a lot cheaper than going to the US and you can do your visit during the weekend. The Disney HOtels are expnesive so it would be ebst to use a HongKong island hotel then just take the train going there. Tickets are around HK$295 on weekdays.

Happy Traveling!

Nice first hand info there. Many thanks to you!

What do you mean by tickets are around HK$295? Plane fare or disney entrance fee?

- The tiles on the floor

- Tomorrow Land

- Fantasy Land

- Adventure Land

- The Jungle Boat Cruise

What is different:

- No Haunted Mansion

Happy Traveling!

wow swerte mo

Hello everyone. I pretty new here and this is one my first few posts. The topic strikes me as interesting considering that I am a self-confessed Disneyland fan. For me, no trip to the United States was complete without spending a day or two at the Magic Kingdom.

The prospects of Disney HK seem bright. You can be sure that a number of Filipinos would be flocking there at any given time of the year considering its proximity. Note that at present, a lot of Filipinos fly to Hong Kong for the weekend. What more if Disney starts operating there.

While, I agree with a previous post that it may not match Disneyland or Disneyworld in the US, I believe that it can provide just enough fun for Filipinos and other neighboring countries.

AGREE AKO DIYAN A LOT CHEAPER.BEEN TO DL ANAHEIM ALSO.TAMA KAYO SMALLER VERSION NG SA ANEHEIM.PERO MAS KAUNTI INSTIK.HEHEHEHEH.TSAKA U WON'T NEED A VISA IN GOING THERE KAYA SIGURADO MAS MARAMING MAKAKAPUNTA IN NEIGHBORING COUNTRIES AND WAY LOT CHEAPER.PERO KUNG CHEAP...CHEAP THRILLS DIN.HEHEHEHE

Xenon:

The tickets for entering Disneyland HongKong costs US$295 HongKong Dollars--roughly around US$38 per person. Whole day affair na yon and you can go to any attraction or rides. Pila nga lang.

PAL has a package for this which already includes 2 nights accommodation and plane fare priced at around US$376 for the whole 3days and 2 nights--kasama na round trip transfers from the airport and transfers to Disneyland.

A bit of a warning lang...... Disneyland will open on Sept. 12 but try to avoid going there during this month as it is masyadong Maiinit ang Panahon doon. October onwards will be a good time. Grabe, the temperature was something like 32-34 degrees that day we we were there. If you have to go, then please go in the morning.

Regards! :)

Nice first hand info there. Many thanks to you!

What do you mean by tickets are around HK$295? Plane fare or disney entrance fee?