#travel #reflection

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 tomward

tomward
  • (09) Manic Poster
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 11:43 PM

Being irrational has its merits. I did mention about my slight ADHD. ADHD People are not of the same mold. They fall into a spectrum and some are what you call day dreamers. Unfortunately one of its cons is the lack of understanding of what's important. These are the guys who cut classes to play Internet games. It's about being in the "NOW" without much thought of the future. Through this lens my decisions made sense at the time when I took them. Leaving behind a career to volunteer and travel. RIght now I'm in city where I'm not related to anyone. On impulse I just said yes.

Opportunities pop up for everybody all of the time. It's the way that we progress. It's whether or not you're in the right frame of mind or in the right stage of your life or if you're even looking for them. That determines whether or not you see them.

As you take more risks you see opportunities more easily.

Risks inherently aren't the safest option, but for me the safe option is the worst option. The riskiest life I can think of is letting yourself to be molded into this comfortable, same-as-everybody-else routine. For me, that is risking my whole sanity. But that's just me. :)

Edited by tomward, 28 April 2018 - 11:44 PM.

#22 tomward

tomward
  • (09) Manic Poster
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 10:58 PM

IMG_3683.jpg

I find tea fascinating. I've always drunk the cheap liptons and didn't find it to my liking. I was a coffee man until an experi nice changed me. I had a classmate who was supposed to do a presentation for class. Now he's not your usual classmate. He took a sabbatical from work just to study. He's from Sri Lanka and he's a big deal there. His position was already a bishop for the church but he decided to study in the Philippines. He's like the Lolo of the class.

Anways, for his presentation he needed props because he will introduce Sri Lanka to the class. he calls his embassy and they have stuff for him. As one of the guys with a Van in class, he asked me to help pick up his stuff at the embassy. Turns out he is a good friend of the Ambassador and I was ushered into the private office of the ambassador himself. The ambassador offered tea. Ceylon Tea to be exact.

BOOM! This thing did not need sugar. The taste was so good on so many levels. Up to now I still have been searching for that brand of Ceylon Tea. It was still the best tea experience I've had. Of course whenever I'm in Manila I always try and get HighTea at TWG.

I find it amazing that this fickle plant that can only grow in a particular type of altitude and weather and that this humble plant plant can be rolled, processed, teased into so many creative permutations.

This pic was shot at Bandung, Indonesia at a tea plantation

#23 tomward

tomward
  • (09) Manic Poster
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 08:39 AM

How I wish I could post this on my FB page. I have steered away from negativity there.

Elect a clown and you get a Circus. ChangeScamming!

#24 tomward

tomward
  • (09) Manic Poster
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 04:51 PM

Read this somewhere in FB:

I recall my first time with a condom, I was 16 or so. I went in to buy a packet of condoms at the pharmacy. There was this beautiful woman assistant behind the counter, and she could see that I was new at it. She handed me the package and asked if I knew how to wear one. I honestly answered, No, this is my first time.

So she unwrapped the package, took one out and slipped it over her thumb. She cautioned me to make sure it was on tight and secure. I apparently still looked confused. So, she looked all around the store to see if it was empty. It was empty.

Just a minute, she said, and walked to the door, and locked it. Taking my hand, she led me into the back room, unbuttoned her blouse and removed it. She unhooked her bra and laid it aside. Do these excite you? She asked.

Well, I was so dumb-struck that all I could do was nod my head. She then said it was time to slip the condom on. As I was slipping it on, she dropped her skirt, removed her panties and lay down on a desk.

Well, come on, she said, We dont have much time. So I climbed on her. It was so wonderful, that unfortunately, I could no longer hold back and KAPOWWWWWWWW, I was done within a few moments.

She looked at me with a bit of a frown. Did you put that condom on? she asked.

I said, I sure did, and held up my thumb to show her.

She fainted.

#25 tomward

tomward
  • (09) Manic Poster
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 05:50 AM

for some reason all that coffee i am drinking while studying pieces is awakening my urge to write... here's something to lighten your day. don't share haha. this is my true story which i wrote in an anonymous blog i had. enjoy...

My First Foray into the world of Chatting (IRC) this was many years ago and i blogged about it.

Iceey: hello, why are you nervous?
Nirbyoso: uh ...hi?
Iceey: so, what’s up?
Nirbyoso: nothing much..i’m kinda bored today. Wanna chat?
Iceey: asl
Nirbyoso:25 m from manila. What do you want to chat about?
Iceey: let’s have sex chat
Nirbyoso: I’m sorry but I don’t see myself getting excited over words in a computer screen
Iceey: Don’t worry, just let your imagination work and i’ll do the chatting for you
(I was thinking hard and I thought what the heck there is a first time for everything)
Nirbyoso: ha ha...this is funny. OK ok...so how do we begin this?
Iceey: Imagine yourself in a dark cold room. You turn on the lights and you find me naked on the bed.
Nirbyoso: then?
Iceey: I come close to you and you place your hands upon my breast as i take off your clothes.
Nibyoso: am i supposed to moan?
Iceey: what’s moan?
Nirbyoso; you know...OOOh...ahhh.. and who’s your daddy stuff... This is so funny..
Iceey. Whatever...imagine that you are naked.
Nirbyoso: ok. I still have my boxers on...
Iceey: take it off
Nirbyoso: i’m taking it off slowly
Iceey: i kiss you down below as you ejaculate on my face.
Nirbyoso: whoa...wait a minute did I just have a premature ejaculation? What sort of sex is that...no foreplay...i never even got to score on you.
Iceey: what?
Nirbyoso: are you still a virgin?
Iceey: yes
Nirbyoso: LOL no wonder... you know nothing about sex
Iceey: f#&k you!

That was my foray into cybersex...I guess I’m not a Cyber Virgin anymore. I was laughing the whole time.

#26 Barenaked-NoMre

Barenaked-NoMre

Authentic N Amazing

• (12) Mega Poster
  • 9,527 posts
  • Interests:GREAT books, movies, food and REFRESHING drinks

smart, funny and down-to-earth people ... ESPECIALLY the MEN who are VERY NAUGHTY! ;)

Posted 08 May 2018 - 08:07 PM

Read this somewhere in FB:

I recall my first time with a condom, I was 16 or so. I went in to buy a packet of condoms at the pharmacy. There was this beautiful woman assistant behind the counter, and she could see that I was new at it. She handed me the package and asked if I knew how to wear one. I honestly answered, No, this is my first time.

So she unwrapped the package, took one out and slipped it over her thumb. She cautioned me to make sure it was on tight and secure. I apparently still looked confused. So, she looked all around the store to see if it was empty. It was empty.

Just a minute, she said, and walked to the door, and locked it. Taking my hand, she led me into the back room, unbuttoned her blouse and removed it. She unhooked her bra and laid it aside. Do these excite you? She asked.

Well, I was so dumb-struck that all I could do was nod my head. She then said it was time to slip the condom on. As I was slipping it on, she dropped her skirt, removed her panties and lay down on a desk.

Well, come on, she said, We dont have much time. So I climbed on her. It was so wonderful, that unfortunately, I could no longer hold back and KAPOWWWWWWWW, I was done within a few moments.

She looked at me with a bit of a frown. Did you put that condom on? she asked.

I said, I sure did, and held up my thumb to show her.

She fainted.

This made me LOL ...  :lol:

#27 Honeycured27

Honeycured27
  • (04) Casual
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:USC

Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:39 PM

Final Space, anyone?

#28 ney.r

ney.r
  • (02) Sinless
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 04:29 PM

I just realized that I still have a lot to learn on this life. You just have to accept the fact that you won't be able to learn everything in life and you have to deal with what life brings to you. Before, I listen to react according to my own judgement but i realized that it is always better to listen and understand the person you're dealing with instead of injecting your thoughts to them. I learned to accept that and I became open for what this life will bring on me.

#29 tomward

tomward
  • (09) Manic Poster
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:46 PM

So I have been a naughty boy...

I didnt think that may current city had an MP. Place is too small and youre bound to meet someone you know or someone Who knows you somewhere. So I chanced upon a conversation about this Massage place that offers Happy Endings. I decided to pay a visit.

I immediately knew something was up when my attendant did not wear a uniform. Tank top and shorts... accidental touching of my balls? I was up and ready when she flipped me. She asked me, “do you want to do something about that?” Pointing to my angry member. I said, how much? Rates were much much higher than manila, or maybe it’s been too long. She would not even take her top off and so I respected that. ymmv. I was not prepared to spend yet. So a simple HJ would suffice.

Next day checked their website... oooh they have a lineup. Very pretty theras as well. Went back the next day..

#30 tomward

tomward
  • (09) Manic Poster
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 08:36 PM

IMG-4442.jpg

Victorian Houses also known as the Sisters. Shot in San Francisco

Edited by tomward, 13 October 2018 - 08:39 PM.

#31 tomward

tomward
  • (09) Manic Poster
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 11:42 PM

And so i’ve Burned through 25 k these past few week on spakols. Come to think of it hit or miss because if you check forums no one is saying anything about the spakol scene in my city. Now that I’m aware and have tried I discovered those that I thought were legitimate spas actually had extras. Lineups are unheard of and i’ve actually discovered cheap ones. And the theras are kinda pretty. I’d actually had a first - BJ Cim. She smiled after and said,” don’t forget my name, I’m Rain”

#32 tomward

tomward
  • (09) Manic Poster
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 12:02 PM

Look what MyFB feed brought out. Writen in 2012.

LETTER TO MY YOUNGER SELF

[EPEKTO NG DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME AND WAKING TOO EARLY]

To the younger Mr. (True name Witheld), congratulations for surving high school. I am the older version of you.

here are a few things to report on the personal front:
You finally broke down and got a cell phone. (Sellout.)
You are not a virgin anymore. (Hurrah)
You will get to travel outside the country...a lot (25 countries)
Life is not what you thought it would be. (Hallelujah.)

here's some advice for you that I wish I had learned earlier:

The habits you form here will stick with you, in some form or another, for the rest of your life. If you want to do something you need to actually sit down and work at it everyday. Talent is nothing without hard work.

Take the time to reflect and think about what is honestly important to you, then figure out how to get there. You'll save a lot of effort later if you're only focusing on the things that are truly taking you towards where you want to go, not where someone else thinks you should go. I heard a great quote the other day "If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's. And guess what they might have planned for you? Not much

Follow your dreams. Whatever you choose, apply yourself fully to it and you will realize wealth. It may not be great financial wealth, but will come in the form of self satisfaction, self respect, and to love what you do for a lifetime. Wealth comes in many forms – and most of them are far more precious than money

When you think about the choices you have made in life and still have to make, go with your instinct and don’t change a thing.

Stop being afraid of what other people think and trying to win their approval. Everyone you're scared of right now doesn't amount to much.

Get a degree. Eventually music will be produced completely by computer and you will need to find a job if you want to survive. LOL

Study hard but play harder. Take more risks, party harder and please talk to the pretty girls in the party. Nothing is gonna happen if you don't initiate. I will say this. Do foolish stuff. Have fun. In a few years you will look back on it fondly and if you don't, by then you will have wished you did and it will be then too late.

Stop worrying about how things will turn out. You're actually gonna turn out to be a pretty interesting guy. You’re more popular than you think— try to enjoy that. smile always, because you never know who's falling in love with it.

It doesn’t really matter what you do in college, as you will soon discover no matter what you study you will still be woefully unprepared for the Real World. Make the most of it. Commit all the sins you can remember and invent some others.

Now is the time to make those mistakes. enjoy it while people still tolerate it.

Restless is a season, not a lifestyle. Spend your free time wisely. Learn...Always. From books, newspapers, college, the internet. Continue to constantly evolve and learn...Read for fun, even when you don't have time. Don't get lazy in your classes. What's the harm in giving your best efforts?

Keep playing the piano. You will really need it later on. Learn to dance. You've always wanted to. don't be afraid to go to classes while your body still can. Forget that all your friends think its faggy. don't quit your wushu training. develop that quiet confidence that you know if a real fight comes a long you know how to handle yourself.

Stay in shape.I'm now at a point in my life where I'm starting to pay more attention to my health and fitness and I'm realizing how hard it is to get in shape. It's no fun, but a few years from now when I'm in really good shape it will be easy to maintain. remember, all that SOFTDRINK you will drink will end up in your tummy.

Floss - EVERYDAY! You'll have healthy gums, healthier teeth, you will decrease chronic inflammation in your body and add 2 to 4 years to your lifespan, and you will not have to worry about having bad breath.

One of your big stress triggers is trying to do too much in a day. Learn to prioritize and just let some things go.Don't spread yourself too thin.

Keep up with the friendships you have. No one wished that he had lesser friends. They are treasures that should be kept close to the heart.

Lastly, and again, LEARN. learn from life. No matter how mundane or soul destroying any job or activity is you can learn something from it. The strangest jobs will be the ones that pay off the best in the long run.

Don't be afraid of failure. Actually, head for it. Now, of all times, is when to take risks. It only gets more complicated as you get older Too many wise men have mentioned the need for failure to understand success, and one doesn't work without the other.

GIVE, you will find yourself most contented when you think about yourself the least.

PS.

stay away from baggy clothing. its a fad that will quickly go away.

#33 Sex Chocolate

Sex Chocolate
  • (04) Casual
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:22 AM

IMG-4442.jpg

Victorian Houses also known as the Sisters. Shot in San Francisco

nice view

#34 tomward

tomward
  • (09) Manic Poster
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 12:14 PM

I am active once again. Had a chance to have a long stay in manila :) alam na this. Instagram has taken over my lfe LOL. I love takng photos so all im doing is reposting throwback pics of 20 years of travel. Just got back from HK and will do 2 local and another international trip before the year ends. This page will probably be like my hidden twitter :) my place to rant and celebrate things i shouldnt be posting publicly.

#35 tomward

tomward
  • (09) Manic Poster
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 10:38 PM

I used to have room here where i kept all my stories. Something about the reorganizatin of the site and all those posts disappeared.

I’ve been wanting to blog for a long time but have found the process tedious. My posts would have been too random (bad for blogs) social media managers would tell you to pick a niche. Where I’ve had most success was writing my thoughts here. Somethng about the anonymity here and fact that you could write about anything under the sun gets my writing juices going.

And so I’ll start writing it again (20 years of travel) just to exercise my mind.

#36 tomward

tomward
  • (09) Manic Poster
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 10:56 PM

I generally don't celebrate my birthdays. It's not that we don't have the money to do so but rather...i don't really know why we don't celebrate it. Right after we came back from Japan my parents decided to celebrate my birthday. We rented seats, cooked food for those who were comingand was really ready for it. The night before I was so excited. Too bad we didn't inform Gringo Honasan, the guy staged a coup d'etat on the same day.

To give you an idea why i was affected by this, i lived right across an army base. my family lived right across the logistics command center of the largest military camp in the philippines. The logistics command held the ordnance of the Army along with its tanks and howitzers. In a tactical decision to gain supremacy, the rebels decided to bomb this area first.

I woke up on my birthday hearing loud cannon fire on our doorstep. It seems the rebels did not hit the buiding they were supposed to, but seems they hit the surrounding area..meaning places like the one we live in. Thank God we didn't get hurt. Someone knocked on our door and some people asked if the Yard where I was supposed to hold my party could be made into a triage area for the wounded and dying soldiers. You get an idea of my party now? the place where i was supposed to hold my party was full of blood and guts scattered around. As the fighting intensified the combatants knocked on every door asking us to leave. We didn't need to be told twice, We got some stuff and left. Oh boy! those were fun days indeed. Come to think of it, in retrospect, this was probably my most memorable birthday.

#37 tomward

tomward
  • (09) Manic Poster
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 06:42 AM

Whn i was 8 years old I went to Japan for a competition. In the few days we've been in Japan we haven't been eating well. My partner insists on McDonald's even though its a long 30 min drive from where we lived. One day our host decided to bring us to a park and while we were playing cooked food for us.

When we arrived home we saw this large plate full of brown noodles. I would realize when i was older and japanese food became mainstream in the philippines that this was Yakisoba. I asked what it was and our host for lack of words just said, "Spaghetti" my partner and I just exchanged looks and I knew what she was thinking, "there was no way this could be spaghetti" I didn't know spaghetti could be made without tomato sauce. Of course I would discover later that spaghetti was the name of the noodle and that yes, it can be served without tomato sauce. But at that time, the notion that this thick brown noodles is spaghetti was just incredulous.

#38 tomward

tomward
  • (09) Manic Poster
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:16 AM

As ive said IG rules my life now LOL. I usually get lots of like with what I post there except when I posted this:

7536-B010-8-EF0-40-D8-AE23-780-E2869-F64

This elicited a few emoticons But few dared to like. This is a a Taiwan Fruit Big Cock Cake

Edited by tomward, 30 January 2019 - 02:21 AM.

#39 tomward

tomward
  • (09) Manic Poster
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 08:36 PM

Its been cold and I’m loving it. Perfect weather to cuddle right? Sana lang may kayakap. Currently alone because my wife is on a business trip. As per news report: Metro Manila dwellers on Wednesday woke up to the coldest morning so far this 2018.

PAGASA said temperature in Metro Manila today dropped to 20.5 degrees Celsius at 6:00 a.m., a notch colder than yesterday's 21.5 degrees Celsius.

The state weather bureau said it is not ruling out chances for colder mornings in the metro in the following days until the northeast monsoon, locally known as "amihan," ceases to prevail.

Such weather reminds me of a story 20 years ago: (this was my actual blog post)

Coming from Manila, Philippines where it's perpetually in the 30's. We have a saying here about our weather, "we only have 2 seasons, HOT and HOTTER" It is really not hotter per we except that the humidity changes. You either have a Dry kind of hot or a Wet kind of hot day. Get the picture?

We arrived in Vienna, Austria early Late May 1998. It was spring and the weather in the 15s to 20's. this was pre internet days so we had no idea other than the warning of our choirmaster, who lived in Europe before, to bring light jackets. Mind you, gettng good jackets before was difficult. You had to borrow from people who’ve traveled before and bought them abroad. Wala pa uniqlo nun and the ukay ukay industry did not exist yet.

At the airport it was quite warm and so we didn't put jackets on. We waited for our organizers to show up in the arrival area and while waiting, one person in the group bravely ventured outside the airport

Suddenly he came back inside saying, "it's cold outside!!" The whole group got up and hurriedly went outside. the feel of the cold air was a reminder that we were not in the Philippines anymore. It felt like we’ve truly arrived. It’s funny now in retrsopect. Even now whenever i’m in a new city I always look forward to that rish of air when you go out of the airport gates. the opposite is true when arriving in the Philippines, the air is like a warm blanket that warps you up reminding you are at home.

#40 tomward

tomward
  • (09) Manic Poster
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 10:09 PM

After waiting for a while outside the airport, our Pickups finally arrived and we were assigned to different cars on the way to the embassy where we will be picked up by our foster families. The Car assigned to us was an Opel Tigra, a car Ive never seen before in the Philippines. One of the Titos (literally means Uncle, but in the Philippines it a generic word for any male older than you) wearing a light brown suede jacket asked us to ride in his car.

The ride was pretty good and there was no traffic. Vienna is amazing city to drive in during spring, so many colors and tulips on the center islands. I really didnt want to mention it but coming from the cool weather outside this car was stifling hot. I still had my jacket on but I was sweating bullets

(I imagine this was how I looked)
5-EE5-ABD7-043-B-4-B77-BDC4-8-FDF06262-A
-image not mine

In all honesty, what I really wanted to do was open the window slightly to let the cool air in. It was my first experience with a heater.

I was in the passenger seat and looked at the backseat, at my choirmates. Yes, they were suffering as well. I looked at our driver and he didnt even break a sweat with his leather jacket on.

CDFBC534-7628-42-A2-8730-016696-C514-B6.
(Is it hot in here?)

I tried to open the conversation by saying Ive never seen a heater before. I guess he noticed I was sweating buckets and told me an interesting theory. Here is what he told me:

You kids havent adjusted to the weather yet. You still like the cold weather because it hot where we came from. But to him who lives with cold weather all year, a hot car or room feels very good.
(That still didnt explain why we were sweating buckets and he wasnt) To cut the story short he allowed us to open the window slightly to let some cool air in.