• Please log in to reply
535 replies to this topic

#41 deepdiverboy

deepdiverboy

MTC's Wackiest

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Interests:basketball, electronic gadgets, swimming, movies, healthy living, meditation

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:58 PM

I use a Toyota Fortuner D4D Diesel, and I think I have a bit of regret with diesel vehicles.

First, I don't need the 4x4 function since 95% of the time, I'm in the city. Yes, diesel engines have more horsepower, but as I said, who needs the extra hp when all I'm doing is driving around flat ground?

Second, diesel fuel might be cheaper, but the diesel Fortuner is P330,000 more expensive than its gasoline counterpart. I did the math, and even if gasoline were to cost P12 more per liter than diesel (averaged over the next 6 years usage), the accumulated cost of gasoline over those 6 yrs is still much less than the cost premium of a diesel engine as stated above (330t).

Third, diesel vehicles are more expensive to maintain, from your regular oil change to the various wear-and-tear parts that you'd have to replace after 5 years of using.

My next car is not going to be a diesel, I'm sure.

**Lastly, for those who are arguing about which fuel is more toxic to the environment, remember this: both gasoline and diesel are refined from the same crude oil raw material. They are both hydrocarbons, and release the same noxious mix of carbon oxides and other impurities when they come out of a car's exhaust. The exact composition of these poisons are slightly different, but bottom line is they are all greenhouse gases, and they are all harmful to the environment and living organisms. The only way the automotive industry will reduce carbon emissions is when they switch to making fully electric cars, which as things stand now isn't too long in the future.

#42 watchm0de2

watchm0de2

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 12:09 AM

diesel!

#43 junerski

junerski

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:58 AM

diesel for me. less maintenance, cheaper fuel prices, less electronics... and hindi naman ako nagmamadali, so i dont need the acceleration prowess of gas-fed cars in general

baliktad na ang presyo ng mga karamihan sa sasakyan ngayon... masmahal na ang diesel kaysa sa gas variant ng isang auto... crdi technology perhaps?!?

#44 poch08

poch08

Experienced

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 02:07 PM

the sound of a diesel engine never amused me. imagine a bmw sounding like a f*ing PUJ. Fail. <_<

#45 deepdiverboy

deepdiverboy

MTC's Wackiest

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Interests:basketball, electronic gadgets, swimming, movies, healthy living, meditation

Posted 18 July 2010 - 03:11 PM

the sound of a diesel engine never amused me. imagine a bmw sounding like a f*ing PUJ. Fail. <_<

PUJ? That's an image of diesels left over from the 1980's. How old are you? Have you driven a well-maintained Audi sedan that's already 5 yrs old? You might be surprised that it's as quiet as a new Toyota Altis.

Edited by deepdiverboy, 18 July 2010 - 03:19 PM.

#46 noyzky7

noyzky7

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:Electronics Gadgets, Computer, 4x4 suv, e-Books.

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:36 PM

Have you drive latest diesel engine car? specially Crdi, this is the latest in diesel engine(although i heard it way back 2002)..

less noise, less vibration and high performance.. I think you're ignorant in new diesel engine technology.Akala mo lahat ng

diesel engine kagaya ng PUJ o Isuzu crosswind..

#47 type02

type02

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:24 PM

you obviously haven't heard the newer CRDI or DID engines, and you also didn't hear about Le Mans last year. It was won by a diesel car.

#48 Happy Vic

Happy Vic

God of Lust

• (12) Mega Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8060 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:05 AM

anyone can tell me the mileage of the locally made diesel pick ups? most are 2.5L yata right?

#49 tatang1976

tatang1976

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Interests:People, politics, lawyering, guns, physical conditioning, tom clancy books, basketball, combat shooting, sex...

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:01 AM

anyone can tell me the mileage of the locally made diesel pick ups? most are 2.5L yata right?

Wala naman local na car manufacturer. All the pick ups are of foreign origin baka may assembly plant lang dito sa atin. We have toyota at Laguna and if your speaking of the new toyota hi lux with d4d (2.5 displacement) engines I think you can get at most 17 km to a liter

#50 tatang1976

tatang1976

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Interests:People, politics, lawyering, guns, physical conditioning, tom clancy books, basketball, combat shooting, sex...

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:03 AM

I prefer diesel engines because of the high torque. With CRDI technology, diesel engines performs like gasoline engine in terms of acceleration

#51 robmiranda

robmiranda

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:38 PM

My experience with diesel powered vehicles is that they are somewhat more expensive to maintain.
Maybe the experts can share some tips on how to save some on maintenance. Thanks.

#52 pinoymuffdiver

pinoymuffdiver

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 09:34 AM

want diesel but our fuel quality sucks so until we get "clean" diesel at the stations i'll stay with blaze :P

#53 type02

type02

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 01:21 PM

My experience with diesel powered vehicles is that they are somewhat more expensive to maintain.
Maybe the experts can share some tips on how to save some on maintenance. Thanks.

IMHO, a cool head and a light foot goes a long way.

Don't over drive the car, regularly check/change your vehicle's fluids, this would save you a lot of money in the long run like calibration and overhauls (never had a vehicle overhauled, that's how caring I am for my car)

#54 LostCommand

LostCommand

MTC member

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2895 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:28 PM

Every single vehicle I have owned, be they off-road or plain use, are diesel machines.

This is for the very simple reason that I always drive pick-ups - which are all diesel-fed here in Pinas.

If you drive long distances for pleasure, like say 720 kilometers going up the extreme north of Luzon, heavily loaded with people and cargo, and no repair facilities in sight, and you only meet the occasional fellow vehicle every hour or so, you will want something tough, durable, can take merciless treatment, and keep plugging on.

That can only be a diesel machine.

There is a reason you never see a puny flimsy gas engine burning overpriced gasoline installed in serious, heavy duty trucks, anywhere on this planet.

A very good reason.

Leave the gas engines to them city boys and the electric cars to them tree-hugging environmentalists. They can't take nothing stronger.

LC

#55 S14

S14

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1087 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 11:11 PM

diesel for weekdays driving and high power gas fed for weekend use

#56 striker1012

striker1012

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 06:41 AM

diesel for my baby inno.

#57 redredwine81

redredwine81

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:26 PM

diesel for city driving
gasoline for out of town & long distance driving

#58 mark625

mark625

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:Interested in meeting people.........

Posted 18 September 2010 - 11:32 PM

ill go for GAS, mas masarap ihataw and less maintenance, you dont even need to worry about smoke belching, and i dont travel to province everyday. less vibration and less noice with gas

#59 Christian_19

Christian_19

Libertine

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • Interests:Music (Except Rap and R&B), Mma!

Posted 05 November 2010 - 10:39 AM

Para sakin pag SUV or Pickup diesel mas tipid talaga pag gasoline dapat maliit lang ang engine displacement ng sasakyan para mahina sa gas!

#60 noyzky7

noyzky7

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:Electronics Gadgets, Computer, 4x4 suv, e-Books.

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:16 AM

Diesel pa rin :) Less maintenance and very efficient engine .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users