1505 replies to this topic

#21 joveyb

joveyb

Tease

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 12:24 PM

This is the 3rd generation Honda civic that was launched in 1983. It was given Car of the Year Japan award, 1983 to 1984. Good Design Award, 1984. It was awarded 1st place 1986 U.S.A. Customer Satisfaction Degree Research Section.

Attached Files

#22 joveyb

joveyb

Tease

• (05) Regular
  • 656 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 12:27 PM

The 4th Generation Honda Civic was launched in 1987. Awarded 1st place in Survey about Car Reliability, (Franie's L'Automobile Magazine). Given "Best of What's New" car section Grand Prix, by
U.S.A. Popular Science Magazine

Attached Files

#23 joveyb

joveyb

Tease

• (05) Regular
  • 656 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 12:31 PM

The 5th generation Honda Civic was launched in 1991. The revolutionary V-tech engine was introduced aiming mainly at the World Youth Market. It was given Car of the Year Japan award, 1991 to 1992. You can still see a lot of this model on the Philippines road

Attached Files

#24 joveyb

joveyb

Tease

• (05) Regular
  • 656 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 12:37 PM

The 6th Generation Honda Civic was launched in 1995. The V-Tech engine was further improved. Based on the theme of "user-friendly advanced technology," the 3-stage VTEC and the Honda Multimatic together created a new way of driving. It was given the Car of the Year Japan award, 1995 to 1996. The Honda Civic has been very popular especially with the Japanese Market bagging Car of the Year award in Japan constantly which is quite an achievement.

Attached Files

#25 joveyb

joveyb

Tease

• (05) Regular
  • 656 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 12:42 PM

Then we have the 7th generation Honda Civic. Of course it looks a little different from the present civic because there is always an upgrade of the generation of the honda civic. This car was launched in 2000. Again it was Car of the Year Japan, 2000 - 2001. You will notice that on average every 5 years they launched a new generation HOnda Civic.

Attached Files

#26 joveyb

joveyb

Tease

• (05) Regular
  • 656 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 12:45 PM

Now Finally the 8th Generation Honda Civic

Attached Files

#27 joveyb

joveyb

Tease

• (05) Regular
  • 656 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 12:49 PM

Additional information of the new 8th Generation Honda Civic

Attached Files

#28 joveyb

joveyb

Tease

• (05) Regular
  • 656 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 12:52 PM

The seats

Attached Files

#29 stroker

stroker

Chaser

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 09:00 PM

i'm not too crazy about the styling of the 4-door next gen civic but the coupe version which is a usdm model is something else...that one i likey! hehehe

#30 luol_deng

luol_deng

Seducer

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2210 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 12:15 AM

i like the inside but not the outside, its just soo family car and boxy...the last good civic was the coupe...

#31 thirteen

thirteen

Wanton

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 03:01 AM

Honda Philippines is pretty tight lipped about the launch date, I've been bugging my friend who works there and he's not at liberty to say. My guess is around March or June pa dito.

#32 kanski

kanski

All-seeing Eye

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2598 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 06:50 AM

i'm not too crazy about the styling of the 4-door next gen civic

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Neither am I. Just look at the design evolution of the Civic, particularly from the 5th to the yet to be released 8th gen. It's as if you are buying the same car save for (marked) cosmetic improvements. To describe this evolution the word that comes to mind is 'boring.'

Plus, Honda in my opinion has lost it's rep*tation as a quality car maker. Bought my first Honda- a 5th gen Civic, in awe of it's rep*tation in the U.S. as a top-quality car maker. And the car didn't disappoint and gave me 6 years of solid, worry-free driving. 2 Hondas have since come and gone. However, my latest Honda (my wife's actually), a 2 year old City came with defects from the onset: from busted lighters to deformed airvents.

So am I bound to buy this Civic as my wife is looking to replace her car? No. Used to be that the quality was enough reason for you to look past the staid looks and styling and, no to mention, the higher-than-the-competion prices. Not anymore.

#33 thrall

thrall

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 09:11 AM

April to folks lalabas

#34 Don Carleone

Don Carleone

don

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1024 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 01:36 PM

looks like the current city na pinalaki lang.. panget..

#35 joveyb

joveyb

Tease

• (05) Regular
  • 656 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 05:41 PM

Kansi,

Well I am surprised at your comment on the Honda quality. But i have to respect your comment because I have only owned a honda just 2 days ago and I cannot really make comparison with the previous honda generation. I owned a honda civic 2.0 i-vtec and honestly I am extremely happy with it. Of course as I say I cannot make comparison with previous generation as I do not own one in the past. But at least I can compare with the nissan and the mitsubishi and even toyota. In my opinion, again my opinion, the civic is definitely better than the nissan. It is a close fight with the altis but because of its sheer power 155hps, I definitely pick the honda. Its pick up speed is amazing. So far it does not give me any problem at all. But of course I maintain it well, doing regular servicing. I am excited about the 8th generation civic because it has a 2.0cc again and i hope to replace it.

Neither am I. Just look at the design evolution of the Civic, particularly from the 5th to the yet to be released 8th gen. It's as if you are buying the same car save for (marked) cosmetic improvements. To describe this evolution the word that comes to mind is 'boring.'

Plus, Honda in my opinion has lost it's rep*tation as a quality car maker.  Bought my first Honda- a 5th gen Civic, in awe of it's rep*tation in the U.S. as a top-quality car maker. And the car didn't disappoint and gave me 6 years of solid, worry-free driving. 2 Hondas have since come and gone. However, my latest Honda (my wife's actually), a 2 year old City came with defects from the onset: from busted lighters to deformed airvents.

So am I bound to buy this Civic as my wife is looking to replace her car? No. Used to be that the quality was enough reason for you to look past the staid looks and styling and, no to mention, the higher-than-the-competion prices. Not anymore.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#36 joveyb

joveyb

Tease

• (05) Regular
  • 656 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 03:31 PM

It is confirmed. The new Honda civic is coming out in the philippines
in the month of April. Wow

#37 2FaSt

2FaSt

Looker

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 11:12 AM

It is confirmed.  The new Honda civic is coming out in the philippines
in the month of April.  Wow

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sir ganda nito.. i saw 1 personally. di ko lang alam kung same ng variant dyan sa pinas..
dito sa dubai it comes with a 1.8 engine

#38 joveyb

joveyb

Tease

• (05) Regular
  • 656 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 11:23 AM

My honda showman personnel personally told me. She was trying to get me to buy the
new model. Of course I will go for the 2.0 vtec. 155horsepower.

Once you driven a honda, especially those crazy for speed, you wouldnt go another car

#39 S14

S14

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1087 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 11:35 AM

no offence honda fans but i find the new civic ugly and even more ricey interior. Still the older generation are far better. Design is getting worse by the generation. peace =)

#40 Don Carleone

Don Carleone

don

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1024 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 11:43 AM

eh ano masasabi nyo about suspension ng honda compared sa ibang makes? and yung smoothness ng ride nya?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users