Road trips - local / international

I love road trips - I think there is just no other better way to see a country/city other than driving through it! Our last roadtrip was in the US for 3 weeks, I have a blog post about it and you can read and look at our photos on http://adobongkangaroo.blogspot.com/2012/10/roadtrip-itinerary-west-coast-usa.html

We started from LA - San Diego - Phoenix - Grand Canyon - Vegas - Reno - Tahoe- Yosemite - San Fran - Valencia - LA

So what about you, where was your last roadtrip and where did you go? :rolleyes:

great thread.

We started from LA - San Diego - Phoenix - Grand Canyon - Vegas - Reno - Tahoe- Yosemite - San Fran - Valencia - LA

did almost the same thing except we took all of ten days so it was a bit of a blur, unfortunately. had no time for a helicopter or hot air balloon ride, which would've been awesome.

started out in san fran, went through yosemite, death valley, then the grand canyon, joshua tree park, and on to vegas...on the way back to sfo we went through sequoia. you're right about going through route 66 but hoover dam was congested so we didn't find the prospect of stopping and taking photos too appealing. when we got home, we were so tired we had to take a vacation from our vacay. but it was so worth the almost nonstop driving and sightseeing. would do it again in a heartbeat.

• 4 weeks later...

Last August, went from Maryland to Key West, Florida and back. Stops are Baltimore, Washington DC, Richmond(VA),Fayetteville(NC), Myrtle Beach(SC), Savannah(GA), Orlando(FL), Miami(FL), Jacksonville(FL), Atlanta(GA), Charleston(SC), Vienna(VA) and back to Rockville(MD). Took a month.

wow sounds awesome I'd love to go for a roadtrip sa east coast too

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love road trips - I think there is just no other better way to see a country/city other than driving through it! Our last roadtrip was in the US for 3 weeks, I have a blog post about it and you can read and look at our photos on http://adobongkangar...-coast-usa.html

So what about you, where was your last roadtrip and where did you go? :rolleyes:

My longest road trip began in Denver, Colorado. Rented a van and roamed all over Colorado which included trips to Aspen, Vale, Colorado Springs, etc. Then we drove to Wyoming via interstate 80. Stopped over in Rock Springs, Wyoming where I photographed a sprit/ghost in the parking lot of the hotel we were staying in. The hotel staff wasn't impressed. They're used to paranormal sightings in this town.

Headed for Yellowstone National Park. We were based in Jackson Hole. The guy who rented the car to us said we could return the car at the Jackson Hole Airport and take our flight to San Francisco. We later found out the car had to be returned in Jackson Hole which is about a 30 minute drive from the airport. Flight was leaving in 30 minutes and there were no other available flights to San Francisco being that it was a Memorial Day weekend. So we decided to drive all the way to San Francisco.

Passed through Idaho then slept overnight just outside Salt Lake City, Utah. Following day drove all the way to Reno, Nevada where we again spent the night. Then on to San Francisco the following day.

One has no idea how large the United States really is unless one takes a road trip.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...