Is Clubbing Morally Wrong ?

I have heard of that, lustful thoughts being a sin, but it is one thing to do something about it and another to control it, same as the 7 deadly sins. Is anger, pride, envy and lust actually a sin? These are human emotions or reaction that are normal, it becames a sin if u act out of it. the Bible also mentioned great men who went to clubs or bars, Samson for instance.

There are polygamous men in the bible. Are we allowed to be polygamous?

If your intention is sex, it's wrong!

What else is the intention? :) So if you want to just lustfully look at half-naked women, it's ok?

For singles like me, it's ok.

single pa ko so hindi ito isang kamalian para sa aking pananaw

Having lustful thoughts and having sex with those that you aren't married to are ok?

I dare both of you to go to your priest/rabbi/religious leader and confirm that it's ok :D

There are polygamous men in the bible. Are we allowed to be polygamous?

Going to clubs doesn't mean you are polygamous, i even said that as long as u don't hurt anyone, i think it is fine.

Having lustful thoughts and having sex with those that you aren't married to are ok?

I dare both of you to go to your priest/rabbi/religious leader and confirm that it's ok :D

I think that as long as it is consented then there is nothing wrong

Edited by gentle_maniac

Going to clubs doesn't mean you are polygamous, i even said that as long as u don't hurt anyone, i think it is fine.

I think that as long as it is consented then there is nothing wrong

You gave an example of Samson from the bible going to clubs and that makes it ok. I said that polygamy is in the bible and it doesn't make it ok even if it's there.

Therefore, Samson bible example is wrong to use as evidence of clubbing as "ok".

Prostitution is against the law. But it is morally ok?

I'm confused. I know that legal doesn't equate to moral. But that means we can do anything considered morally acceptable even if it is illegal.

By the way, who defines your moral standards? Is it just you? Or your religious beliefs? If your religious belief defines what is moral, please check it with your religious leaders. I assume that they won't agree with you. But if it's just you, then you have the right to whatever is moral to you.

You gave an example of Samson from the bible going to clubs and that makes it ok. I said that polygamy is in the bible and it doesn't make it ok even if it's there.

Therefore, Samson bible example is wrong to use as evidence of clubbing as "ok".

Prostitution is against the law. But it is morally ok?

I'm confused. I know that legal doesn't equate to moral. But that means we can do anything considered morally acceptable even if it is illegal.

By the way, who defines your moral standards? Is it just you? Or your religious beliefs? If your religious belief defines what is moral, please check it with your religious leaders. I assume that they won't agree with you. But if it's just you, then you have the right to whatever is moral to you.

Wooohh, did i strike a nerve here, don't need to be Mr. Righteous here. I may have indicated Samson as an example so that clubbing is ok, since he turned out ok. You don't need to drag a person's religious beliefs here, that's foul.

Your argument is that watching semi-nude women is wrong since thinking about naked women is wrong. But didn't u think that not all people have lustful thoughts when looking at semi-nude women?

Wooohh, did i strike a nerve here, don't need to be Mr. Righteous here. I may have indicated Samson as an example so that clubbing is ok, since he turned out ok. You don't need to drag a person's religious beliefs here, that's foul.

Your argument is that watching semi-nude women is wrong since thinking about naked women is wrong. But didn't u think that not all people have lustful thoughts when looking at semi-nude women?

Hahaha! No nerve stricken. The title says moral. Isn't that supposed to be righteous? Must be a different definition of moral then.

Like I said, using Samson is wrong. People can take the same token about King David, King Solomon, Abraham and most other figures in the bible who practiced polygamy. Anyway, I think Samson died to atone for what he did. How did that turn out ok? Samson was never heard of again. He asked God to give him one last opportunity to defeat his enemies and died in the process. How do you want to be like Samson?

It's not foul because your belief is most likely the basis of your morality or at least should be. If it's not, don't declare one belief and practice another.

Did I say it was wrong? I based it on how religion should view it. It's not my personal take on it. I think this thread should be in the religion, philosophy & personal reflection.

I don't judge people. I just want to understand your take on it.

Sure, I see that in artists who create different works of art with nudity. I can look at semi-nude tribes/natives with no lust and in daylight. Not in clubs :)

It's not just watching that happens in clubs, do you agree? Or are you that naive? :lol: Otherwise, there shouldn't be any VIPs, barfine and the like :)

There are many morally incorrect things out there, but as long as people are gonna pay for them, someone is gonna provide that service, and as long as these services do not harm anyone, what is wrong with them?

That's what I mean. You know it's morally incorrect yet ask what is wrong with that if it doesn't harm anyone.

Or is it you just pretend not to know the harm that it does? :blink: :unsure:

Why can't you tell everyone (mom/sister/pastor/CEO/teacher) that you go to these places? There's no harm and nothing wrong with it, right? :rolleyes:

Why are you afraid of being seen in those places by the normal people around you? The ones who would give you a judgmental look or who actually think you are a good guy? Why can't you tell your younger adolescent or kid brother/sister about these kind of places? There's nothing wrong with it. :unsure:

My motivation for clubbing (and I don't mean the swanky kind with GROs in them) is to unwind after a hard week at work with friends. It's a chance to let the stress out and talk about the week with friends. Do I sometimes bump into acquaintances or my friend's acquaintances during these nights? Sure I do. Both men and women go to these places to be noticed, and that usually involves showing off their best features. That doesn't mean that these places are morally wrong. It all boils down to why your there. If your there for the sole purpose of hooking up and taking someone home, then by all means that's immoral. But if I'm there just to unwind and party with my friends, I don't see how that could be any worse than going to Boracay with them and hanging out on the beach.

f a woman wants to take her clothes off in front of people what is wrong with being paid for it?

If a man wants to see a naked woman and that woman is WILLING to strip for him for cash what is wrong with it? Its not as if he is ripping the clothes off a woman who don’t want him to see her naked. ^_^

Hahaha! No nerve stricken. The title says moral. Isn't that supposed to be righteous? Must be a different definition of moral then.

Like I said, using Samson is wrong. People can take the same token about King David, King Solomon, Abraham and most other figures in the bible who practiced polygamy. Anyway, I think Samson died to atone for what he did. How did that turn out ok? Samson was never heard of again. He asked God to give him one last opportunity to defeat his enemies and died in the process. How do you want to be like Samson?

It's not foul because your belief is most likely the basis of your morality or at least should be. If it's not, don't declare one belief and practice another.

Did I say it was wrong? I based it on how religion should view it. It's not my personal take on it. I think this thread should be in the religion, philosophy & personal reflection.

I don't judge people. I just want to understand your take on it.

Sure, I see that in artists who create different works of art with nudity. I can look at semi-nude tribes/natives with no lust and in daylight. Not in clubs :)

It's not just watching that happens in clubs, do you agree? Or are you that naive? :lol: Otherwise, there shouldn't be any VIPs, barfine and the like :)

You just can't help it can't you? Forcing your own beliefs to others and irritating them at the same time, this is not a debate, I just want to get people's opinion.

On Samson, for him to commit a big mistake, letting his people down for many years, going blind, being ridiculed by his enemies. He is at his lowest point, yet God grant him his last request taking down with him more Philistines than all he did put together, how could that not be ok? If I were in the same boat as he is, i would do the same.

On clubbing, society or religious sects will see the negative. Nude women and drinking is not moral period. It is to up people who go there and define their own moral take on clubbing. Are you the one say I go to clubs but i don't do sex and go overboard on drinking? Who would believe you if not a person who also goes to clubs.

Clubs offer VIPs and barfine, but not everyone engages this, or are you that naive? And what does happen inside the VIP? Would you know every time? For all we know, they just like to sing.