• This topic is locked This topic is locked
291 replies to this topic

#21 xxxxdgnr8xxxx

xxxxdgnr8xxxx

Eager Beaver

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:19 AM

from what i heard, the red sox gave nomar the champinoship ring. he was with them halfway of 2004 anyway.

:goatee:

:thumbsupsmiley: to a true red sox guy... wonder if he's wearing the ring? anyway, can't wait....

#22 Guest_megalodon_*

Guest_megalodon_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2010 - 05:00 PM

Kudos to the topic starter. Red Sox Nation lives. :thumbsupsmiley:

#23 FF

FF
  • (07) Avid Member
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:39 AM

:thumbsupsmiley: to a true red sox guy... wonder if he's wearing the ring? anyway, can't wait....

from what i heard, the red sox gave nomar the champinoship ring. he was with them halfway of 2004 anyway.

:goatee:

if you were nomar ... would you ? anyway nice to see you here rl and xxxdgnr8xxx! honestly the yanks are heads and shoulders up the rest and we would probably have to aim for the wild card again. not being fatalistic here ... just realistic . :thumbsupsmiley:

Kudos to the topic starter. Red Sox Nation lives. :thumbsupsmiley:

thanks bro ! now that you're here ... will our friend appear out of the blue ( or better yet accompanied by a cloud of smoke ?) just like magic ! :hypocritesmiley:

#24 Guest_megalodon_*

Guest_megalodon_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:49 AM

thanks bro ! now that you're here ... will our friend appear out of the blue ( or better yet accompanied by a cloud of smoke ?) just like magic ! :hypocritesmiley:

I hope not. :lol: Anyway, I'm awaiting another Red Sox-Yankees showdown in the AL playoffs this year. What's the latest? I haven't been really following the Sox's moves in the off-season. I know the Sox can't match the Yanks dollar for dollar.

Edited by megalodon, 10 February 2010 - 09:49 AM.

#25 xxxxdgnr8xxxx

xxxxdgnr8xxxx

Eager Beaver

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:32 AM

there are new faces as far as the outfield in the Bronx is concern. dunno if the "g-force" (granderson and gardner) could mix it up with the rest of the old guys. there's a lotta work (or plays) to be done for them to jell for the duration of the season. your team made some good upgrades as well, with the likes of beltre, scutaro, hulett, cameron, etc. and you got lackey! heck! you even signed in a crooner (iglesias) if you need someone to pinch-sing for the star-spangled banner! but kidding aside, it's a pretty much clean slate for both teams. any ragtag team can get a shot for the playoffs. just look at the rays did in 2008, for cryin out loud!

:rolleyes:

if you were nomar ... would you ? anyway nice to see you here rl and xxxdgnr8xxx! honestly the yanks are heads and shoulders up the rest and we would probably have to aim for the wild card again. not being fatalistic here ... just realistic . :thumbsupsmiley:

#26 FF

FF
  • (07) Avid Member
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 03:08 PM

there are new faces as far as the outfield in the Bronx is concern. dunno if the "g-force" (granderson and gardner) could mix it up with the rest of the old guys. there's a lotta work (or plays) to be done for them to jell for the duration of the season. your team made some good upgrades as well, with the likes of beltre, scutaro, hulett, cameron, etc. and you got lackey! heck! you even signed in a crooner (iglesias) if you need someone to pinch-sing for the star-spangled banner! but kidding aside, it's a pretty much clean slate for both teams. any ragtag team can get a shot for the playoffs. just look at the rays did in 2008, for cryin out loud!

i can't wait for season to start ! any idea when the first NYY-BOS meeting will be ?

#27 xxxxdgnr8xxxx

xxxxdgnr8xxxx

Eager Beaver

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:30 PM

traditional opening day games in 2010 will be on monday, april 5. Yankees will play at fenway park.

i can't wait for season to start ! any idea when the first NYY-BOS meeting will be ?

#28 xxxxdgnr8xxxx

xxxxdgnr8xxxx

Eager Beaver

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:53 PM

Dustin Pedroia takes exception to those who question Boston's offense in 2010, writes WEEI.com's Rob Bradford. Pedroia feels the Red Sox lineup can score more runs than the 2009 club. He also voices high praise for Josh Beckett and says he wants Beckett around "for a long time."

Odds & Ends: Franklin, Red Sox, Cardinals, Mauer

Kevin Youkilis told the Boston Herald last week that he wants to retire as a member of the Red Sox.

"Thatís my goal. I want to finish my career with the Red Sox, and thatís not something that a lot of players do."

As long as he keeps his current pace, Boston would love to have him. Youk logged a career-high .413 on-base percentage last season and smacked 27 home runs. He is under team control through 2013.

Source: Boston Herald

2 days 5 hours to pitchers & catchers!!

Edited by xxxxdgnr8xxxx, 15 February 2010 - 07:57 PM.

#29 xxxxdgnr8xxxx

xxxxdgnr8xxxx

Eager Beaver

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:18 AM

time to impress 'em managers!!

let's PLAY BALL!

:cool:

Pitchers and catchers signal dawn of 2010
Optimism reigns as new season begins in Spring Training

#30 FF

FF
  • (07) Avid Member
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:52 AM

gee ... thanks to the yank fans for keeping he thread warm! :hypocritesmiley:

cant wait to see how the new guys ( scutaro , beltre , cameron, lackey ) blend with the boston vets. and whata sight would that be when the yanks open their season at fenway. correct me if i'm wrong but the yanks will be receiving their rings within the game right ? or will that be in their first game at their stadium ?

#31 rldelrosario

rldelrosario
  • (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:00 AM

cant wait to see how the new guys ( scutaro , beltre , cameron, lackey ) blend with the boston vets. and whata sight would that be when the yanks open their season at fenway. correct me if i'm wrong but the yanks will be receiving their rings within the game right ? or will that be in their first game at their stadium ?

yo ff.... can't wait til the fourth... (5th here) guess it'll be on yes as usual... as for the rings, think it'll be on the 13th at the stadium hosting the angels with 55 wearing red...
:flowers:

#32 xxxxdgnr8xxxx

xxxxdgnr8xxxx

Eager Beaver

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:12 AM

no prob, dude!

:thumbsupsmiley:

and yeah! them championship rings will be presented in the angels game..with hideki-san donning the red uniform. at least it's the angels, not the you know what.

#33 xxxxdgnr8xxxx

xxxxdgnr8xxxx

Eager Beaver

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:22 AM

Posted Image

ďOf course I would love to be with Boston for a long time. But this is the way it is right now. Iím happy going one year at a time. I would love to stay here for 15 years.Ē

ain't he a keeper??

Papelbon Hopes To Stay In Boston Long-Term

#34 FF

FF
  • (07) Avid Member
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:21 PM

Posted Image

ain't he a keeper??

Papelbon Hopes To Stay In Boston Long-Term

with joba now in the rotation ... who do the yanks have in the pipeline to replace mang nano ? baka naman .... :hypocritesmiley: papelbon in pinstripes ?

btw truck day has come and passed. http://www.boston.co..._truck_d_1.html

imho ... boston might be the only team with this tradition. methinks it dates back to the years of the seemingly endless curse . looking at those empty years ... truck day always represented hope ... that maybe ... just maybe this year would be THE YEAR.

#35 xxxxdgnr8xxxx

xxxxdgnr8xxxx

Eager Beaver

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:33 PM

no freakin way! you keep him, dude!! and lock him up with ball & chain!

:upside:

with joba now in the rotation ... who do the yanks have in the pipeline to replace mang nano ? baka naman .... :hypocritesmiley: papelbon in pinstripes ?

#36 xxxxdgnr8xxxx

xxxxdgnr8xxxx

Eager Beaver

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 03:36 PM

man! this is one way to start a brand new season!

was laughing my ass off while viewing this..this one's for you, FF, mi amigo. and to my hommies, rdl..jopoc, prepare your tummies!!

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

"Joe's Job - The Ballad Of Terry Francona"

#37 FF

FF
  • (07) Avid Member
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 05:14 PM

man! this is one way to start a brand new season!

was laughing my ass off while viewing this..this one's for you, FF, mi amigo. and to my hommies, rdl..jopoc, prepare your tummies!!

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

"Joe's Job - The Ballad Of Terry Francona"

i don't know about how the rest of the bench bosses feel but francona ? naaaah. it's more fun coaching the underdogs. the view from below can be pretty enjoyable ... specially when the top dogs are knocked off their high perch with regularity. the ballad seems a bit late in coming as the special ingredients ( all stars , a rod , rivera , billion dollars in team salaries ) have been there since 2000. nine years of ring less futility is forever for a team built to win it all.

still.. the yanks look fearsome and are heavy favorites to repeat again. aside from the my sox ... i just don't know who'll be posing a serious challenge the yanks in the AL .

#38 xxxxdgnr8xxxx

xxxxdgnr8xxxx

Eager Beaver

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:30 PM

well, m's fans sure are making some noise. now that they have 09 WS game 1 winner cliff lee and Yankee headache chone figgins.

i don't know about how the rest of the bench bosses feel but francona ? naaaah. it's more fun coaching the underdogs. the view from below can be pretty enjoyable ... specially when the top dogs are knocked off their high perch with regularity. the ballad seems a bit late in coming as the special ingredients ( all stars , a rod , rivera , billion dollars in team salaries ) have been there since 2000. nine years of ring less futility is forever for a team built to win it all.

still.. the yanks look fearsome and are heavy favorites to repeat again. aside from the my sox ... i just don't know who'll be posing a serious challenge the yanks in the AL .

#39 denimhead

denimhead

dem bumbaclot percolator

• (14) Tera Poster
  • 16,678 posts
  • Interests:yup

Posted 25 February 2010 - 10:38 AM

Rays?

#40 FF

FF
  • (07) Avid Member
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 12:17 PM

Rays?

methinks the rays have reached their apex two years ago withe their 1st WS appearance. they'll be hard put to catch the sox and the yanks.