Red Sox

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
291 replies to this topic

#281 bods1000

bods1000

garagiste....

• (13) Giga Poster
  • 12,551 posts
  • Interests:music, travel lit, anything cerebral but i also get down and dirty.

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:36 PM

Two news items today to make Red Sox fans proud and happy.

One, Pedro Martinez being inducted into the Hall of Fame and giving a most inspiring speech. Who's your daddy, huh? Hehe

Second, David Ortiz getting a career-high 7 RBI's, and this against the powerhouse Tigers. And they said that Papi was on the decline.

Here's hoping that these two events will inspire the Red Sox towards a second half resurgence.

#282 FF

FF
  • (07) Avid Member
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 10:50 PM

2016 : be good to my red sox :-)

#283 bods1000

bods1000

garagiste....

• (13) Giga Poster
  • 12,551 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 04:42 PM

2016 : be good to my red sox :-)

It's better than good. Winning the division after being in the cellar the past two years is a great acievement!

#284 FF

FF
  • (07) Avid Member
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:21 PM

apologies for the rather long vacation from the thread. after winning the AL East , getting swept by the tribe was painful to say the least. must have felt pretty good for francona but if he did feel that way he was a gentleman enough to keep it to himself. with my sox out , am rooting for the tribe in the AL and the cubbies in the NL.  

#285 bods1000

bods1000

garagiste....

• (13) Giga Poster
  • 12,551 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 03:08 PM

apologies for the rather long vacation from the thread. after winning the AL East , getting swept by the tribe was painful to say the least. must have felt pretty good for francona but if he did feel that way he was a gentleman enough to keep it to himself. with my sox out , am rooting for the tribe in the AL and the cubbies in the NL.  

The supposedly Killer B's of the Red Sox - Mookie Betts, Jackie Bradley, and Xander Bogaerts - choked up during the ALDS, not like the veterans Ortiz and Hanley Ramirez, who somehow brought a certain kind of respectabiity to the series, nothwithstanding the sweep. 

Not a good portent of what is supposed to be the future core of the Sox.

#286 FF

FF
  • (07) Avid Member
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 08:20 PM

The supposedly Killer B's of the Red Sox - Mookie Betts, Jackie Bradley, and Xander Bogaerts - choked up during the ALDS, not like the veterans Ortiz and Hanley Ramirez, who somehow brought a certain kind of respectabiity to the series, nothwithstanding the sweep. 

Not a good portent of what is supposed to be the future core of the Sox.

well ... we can always hope. after breaking the curse in 2004 and with three WS titles since hope is always alive amigo. thanks for posting :-)

#287 Saint Nemesis

Saint Nemesis

Sinner and Saint

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 04:45 PM

any news for the red sox?

#288 FF

FF
  • (07) Avid Member
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:18 PM

we're off  to the best start in more than 100 years !!!!

#289 MTC Hunter

MTC Hunter

City Hunter

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 01:48 PM

it's good to hear that

#290 Ethan Hunter

Ethan Hunter
  • (04) Casual
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 10:58 PM

JD Martinez is the difference... Bogaerts not the player he used to be, Betts is Betts... Devers should be traded

for me lang naman, kung gusto nilang magnumber 1 sa east..

Mas malakas line up ng Yankees, Better piching by Astros...so mahihirapan tong red sox kapag ganyan lang nilaro nila

so far for me inconsistent pa, they are way better than this :)

#291 bods1000

bods1000

garagiste....

• (13) Giga Poster
  • 12,551 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 12:46 AM

I think it should be Bradley who should be junked. He's always been on the "cusp" for years now. Nothing happening.

Now the Red Sox has a problem at second base with Pedrioa out again and Nunez not working out. They should go for KC's Whit Merrifield or Cincy's Scooter Gennet if they want to go all the way in the postseason.

Yes, J. D. Martinez is GOD. f#&king acquisition!

Devers is streaky, but he will do. 

Go Boston!

#292 bods1000

bods1000

garagiste....

• (13) Giga Poster
  • 12,551 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:48 AM

The Red Sox are peaking too soon!! wag sana...

With their 10th straight win, they have now established the MLB record for most wins before the All-Star break - 66 wins. So are they on tap to win 130 games this season? Wow!