Red Sox

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
291 replies to this topic

#1 FF

FF
  • (07) Avid Member
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:41 PM

... hopefully for more than a few hours. with catchers and pitchers days away .... its time to start the red sox rolling.
  • vienvenido likes this

#2 Wyld

Wyld

Youngest. Endless.

• Ambassador
  • 48,707 posts
  • Interests:oh it takes a lot to interest me.

Posted 27 January 2010 - 09:56 PM

... hopefully for more than a few hours. with catchers and pitchers days away .... its time to start the red sox rolling.

I will let this thread stay up as long as the topic is confined strictly to Boston Red Sox BASEBALL.

You may not generously proclaim that all other Boston Sports fans may post whatever they want in this thread.

Thats the reason why the old Red Sox thread was closed.

#3 consiglieri

consiglieri

capiche?!?

• (11) Wyld
  • 6,702 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:05 AM

nice its back...

thoughts on papi this season?

#4 xxxxdgnr8xxxx

xxxxdgnr8xxxx

Eager Beaver

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 03:33 PM

congratulations for this revived thread! and your team sure looks good in paper, too. see ya on Opening Day!

:thumbsupsmiley:

#5 xxxxdgnr8xxxx

xxxxdgnr8xxxx

Eager Beaver

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 03:51 PM

guess ortiz will be under the microscope halfway this season. he better shape up or he'll be YANK out! last chance, big papi.

:rolleyes:

Olney On Damon, Thome, Ortiz

nice its back...

#6 xxxxdgnr8xxxx

xxxxdgnr8xxxx

Eager Beaver

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 04:05 PM

things that make you go hmmm..

Posted Image

The buried Ortiz jersey

#7 FF

FF
  • (07) Avid Member
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:06 PM

I will let this thread stay up as long as the topic is confined strictly to Boston Red Sox BASEBALL.

You may not generously proclaim that all other Boston Sports fans may post whatever they want in this thread.

Thats the reason why the old Red Sox thread was closed.

noted po dear mod. and thank you so much for the reply . at least we know where we stand and what we need to do. again a big THANK YOU ! :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley:

#8 FF

FF
  • (07) Avid Member
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:22 PM

nice its back...

papi has plenty to prove this season. if his numbers drop then theo will surely trade for a big bat by the trade deadline. btw with jason bay gone ... i wonder who'll be batting behind / in front of papi at the 3/4 spot ?

#9 FF

FF
  • (07) Avid Member
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:27 PM

congratulations for this revived thread! and your team sure looks good in paper, too. see ya on Opening Day!

thank you amigo ! besides you were getting quite lonely ; bravely hoisting the flag of MLB baseball all by yourself . at least now you have another thread you can run to. btw ... papi getting YANKED out ? hmmmmm will he do a boggs /clemens /damon act and appear in pinstripes ?

#10 xxxxdgnr8xxxx

xxxxdgnr8xxxx

Eager Beaver

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 08:51 PM

ooops! wrong choice of words! that would be blasphemous. red sox nation will ran amok if ever that'll happen.

hey! feel free to drop by in the other thread you created.

thank you amigo ! besides you were getting quite lonely ; bravely hoisting the flag of MLB baseball all by yourself . at least now you have another thread you can run to. btw ... papi getting YANKED out ? hmmmmm will he do a boggs /clemens /damon act and appear in pinstripes ?

#11 denimhead

denimhead

dem bumbaclot percolator

• (14) Tera Poster
  • 16,678 posts
  • Interests:yup

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:07 PM

papi has plenty to prove this season. if his numbers drop then theo will surely trade for a big bat by the trade deadline. btw with jason bay gone ... i wonder who'll be batting behind / in front of papi at the 3/4 spot ?

one name Adrian Gonzalez

#12 xxxxdgnr8xxxx

xxxxdgnr8xxxx

Eager Beaver

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 07:10 AM

but i know who'll be YANK in soon.

Posted Image

Report: Yankees Still in Running to Sign Rocco Baldelli

... papi getting YANKED out ? hmmmmm will he do a boggs /clemens /damon act and appear in pinstripes ?

#13 FF

FF
  • (07) Avid Member
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:08 AM

ooops! wrong choice of words! that would be blasphemous. red sox nation will ran amok if ever that'll happen.

hey! feel free to drop by in the other thread you created.

you mean the frankenstein monster i created ? :hypocritesmiley: sige will drop by dude !

one name Adrian Gonzalez

theo and francona will see how the season turns out ... a-gon will cost two-three bluechip prospects and the red sox brain trust will weigh things carefully before hitting the trade button. good thing is the yanks won't hopefully be in play ...

#14 denimhead

denimhead

dem bumbaclot percolator

• (14) Tera Poster
  • 16,678 posts
  • Interests:yup

Posted 29 January 2010 - 09:25 PM

if theo chokes on getting AGonz .... he'll be booed in Fenway

#15 xxxxdgnr8xxxx

xxxxdgnr8xxxx

Eager Beaver

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:15 PM

this article will surely make your blood curdled up a bit.

Spike TV Puts Red Sox-Yankees Rivalry Among 'Lamest' in Sports

Edited by xxxxdgnr8xxxx, 01 February 2010 - 12:16 PM.

#16 FF

FF
  • (07) Avid Member
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:39 AM

this article will surely make your blood curdled up a bit.

Spike TV Puts Red Sox-Yankees Rivalry Among 'Lamest' in Sports

ha ! you are sooooooooooooo right ! nobody has the right to underplay the disgust and the hate we feel for one another ! :hypocritesmiley: LAME ? LAAAAAAME ? here we are ready to tear each other's throats over a game that involves two teams of nine grown men playing sticks and balls and you call that LAME ? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

#17 xxxxdgnr8xxxx

xxxxdgnr8xxxx

Eager Beaver

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:39 PM

told ya that'll ruffle your feathers! if this is a consolation, nobody f*ckin cares what SpikeTV says. they're the lamest channel anyway.

ha ! you are sooooooooooooo right ! nobody has the right to underplay the disgust and the hate we feel for one another ! :hypocritesmiley: LAME ? LAAAAAAME ? here we are ready to tear each other's throats over a game that involves two teams of nine grown men playing sticks and balls and you call that LAME ? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

#18 xxxxdgnr8xxxx

xxxxdgnr8xxxx

Eager Beaver

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 06:27 AM

one of your great ballplayers might hang up his boots. he's one of the more likeable redsox to me.

Posted Image

Nomar Garciaparra Expected to Retire

#19 FF

FF
  • (07) Avid Member
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:09 AM

one of your great ballplayers might hang up his boots. he's one of the more likeable redsox to me.

Posted Image

Nomar Garciaparra Expected to Retire

yup. interesting though that his trade triggered the 2004 championship for the 'sox. if we stuck with him you guys would've probabably celebrating no. 28 . at that time it was widely believed that nomar was pulling a manny on the sox ( feigning / drawing out an injury ) because he was miffed that the sox dared trade for a-rod. he also refused a hefty two year extension to boot holding out for more dinero ( so much like money este manny eh ?)

bottomline is i'm glad he played for the sox. and i'm happy we parted with him as we did. his ( garciaparra ) loss was our gain.

#20 rldelrosario

rldelrosario
  • (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 09:45 AM

yup. interesting though that his trade triggered the 2004 championship for the 'sox. if we stuck with him you guys would've probabably celebrating no. 28 . at that time it was widely believed that nomar was pulling a manny on the sox ( feigning / drawing out an injury ) because he was miffed that the sox dared trade for a-rod. he also refused a hefty two year extension to boot holding out for more dinero ( so much like money este manny eh ?)

bottomline is i'm glad he played for the sox. and i'm happy we parted with him as we did. his ( garciaparra ) loss was our gain.

:thumbsupsmiley: to a true red sox guy... wonder if he's wearing the ring? anyway, can't wait....