Nso Matters, Dfa Matters, Citizenship, Travel, Passports Etc

kittytigerpanther

Yes she will encounter a problem. You have two options:

1. Correct your marriage certificate, and other records to state the real name of your wife Maria

2. You have your birth certificate changed to Ma. instead of Maria. This can be done administratively and will cost less. Just go to the Civil registrar who issued your birthcertificate

If you ask me, i will go for option 2 as this will be faster and less costly.

My passport got damaged.Natira na lang yung cover & the second page w/ my picture & all my info.what are the steps to obtain a new passport & how long will it take?is there a way to expedite it so I can have it asap?It's important that I get my passport asap.I hope somebody can answer my question.

My passport got damaged.Natira na lang yung cover & the second page w/ my picture & all my info.what are the steps to obtain a new passport & how long will it take?is there a way to expedite it so I can have it asap?It's important that I get my passport asap.I hope somebody can answer my question.

The best way for you is to approach a good travel agency ( I suppose you need it asap because you're traveling ) they have their people who can help you with your problem, even as to the fast-tracking of the process.

• 2 weeks later...

i have a question, am a chinese citizen living here in the philippines, am a well documented alien as in been born and live here in the philippines for 30+ years, my parents are both chinese, so definitely i carry a chinese passport, but recently i have acquired a Hong kong passport , and am thinking of using my new HK passport in going out of the philippine next year, will i be in trouble because its a different passport? the two passport i have have the same name on it. and it is also the same with all the alien documentation like acr. hope some expert on immigration could help me on this, thank you

i have a question, am a chinese citizen living here in the philippines, am a well documented alien as in been born and live here in the philippines for 30+ years, my parents are both chinese, so definitely i carry a chinese passport, but recently i have acquired a Hong kong passport , and am thinking of using my new HK passport in going out of the philippine next year, will i be in trouble because its a different passport? the two passport i have have the same name on it. and it is also the same with all the alien documentation like acr. hope some expert on immigration could help me on this, thank you

I'm not an expert on Chinese (Taiwan or PROC) immigration law, so this is just a recommendation. When you say Chinese is it Taiwan or PROC??? Because Hong Kong is now part of PROC.

What you should do is to report to the Bureau of Immigration that you have recently acquired a Hong Kong Passport and will be using your first passport and second passport alternately. This assumes that Hong Kong and PROC or Taiwan allows such dual use of passports, you can clarify this with their respective embassies. If they don't then you'll have to choose which one to use from now onwards.

I'm not an expert on Chinese (Taiwan or PROC) immigration law, so this is just a recommendation. When you say Chinese is it Taiwan or PROC??? Because Hong Kong is now part of PROC.

What you should do is to report to the Bureau of Immigration that you have recently acquired a Hong Kong Passport and will be using your first passport and second passport alternately. This assumes that Hong Kong and PROC or Taiwan allows such dual use of passports, you can clarify this with their respective embassies. If they don't then you'll have to choose which one to use from now onwards.

it is a PROC passport, i guess i have to ask the BI for this. thanks very much :thumbsupsmiley:

does anyone know the steps in correcting a birth certificate with a typo error in a surname?

with due respect to pol22366, administrative correction of birth certificate under Republic Act 9048 pertains only to correction of clerical or typographical error of the first name and not the last or surname.

with due respect i think the proper proceedure is for you to go to court to file a petition for the correction of your birth certificate more particularly the surname. This will also involve publication. The proper venue would be where your birth was registered.

with due respect to pol22366, administrative correction of birth certificate under Republic Act 9048 pertains only to correction of clerical or typographical error of the first name and not the last or surname.

with due respect i think the proper proceedure is for you to go to court to file a petition for the correction of your birth certificate more particularly the surname. This will also involve publication. The proper venue would be where your birth was registered.

OOPs, my bad, thanks for the heads up ela_bat. The venue would be the Regional Trial Court.

Edited by pol22366
  • 2 weeks later...
yes you will need a lawyer for this

Thank you for the replies! However, I've inquired with NSO through their website and I received an email stating that my case even though a surname error is considered a typo error and is covered by RA9048. I have yet to start my process with the Local Civil Registrar.

More power to you all!

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you for the replies! However, I've inquired with NSO through their website and I received an email stating that my case even though a surname error is considered a typo error and is covered by RA9048. I have yet to start my process with the Local Civil Registrar.

More power to you all!

Both ela_bat and pol2236 are correct. But as you stated, the NSO website mentioned that your case is covered by RA 9048. It is best to visit your local civil registrar (the city/municipality of the hospital where you were born) and inquire directly with the personnel. They will give you a list of documents you have to complete and the procedure you will have to take. Maybe, a little budget for merienda will do the trick.

More power to you all!

sir maxgreg. with due respect to the NSO opinion. the title of RA 9048 is very clear.

[REPUBLIC ACT NO. 9048]

AN ACT AUTHORIZING THE CITY OR MUNICIPAL CIVIL REGISTRAR OR THE CONSUL GENERAL TO CORRECT A CLERICAL OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERROR IN AN ENTRY AND/OR CHANGE OF FIRST NAME OR NICKNAME IN THE CIVIL REGISTER WITHOUT NEED OF A JUDICIAL ORDER, AMENDING FOR THIS PURPOSE ARTICLES 376 AND 412 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF THE PHILIPPINES.

I doubt that the local civil registrar will allow such change.

But then again its just my opinion. Sir let me know if the civil registrar will allow this.

• 1 month later...

Id like to ask lang po sana what should i do... Im an immigrant here in the US and I want to petition my fiance...

My inital plan, go back to the philippines, marry her, then file a petition as my spouse.

What I want to know is, is this possible, and if so, how long will it take for the US immigration to process her petition, since I am just at the moment, an Immigrant?

I know that the fastest way is wait for my citizenship, but since that'll take 5 years pa, parang ang tagal masyado. Or is this the fastest route talaga?

Tnx po.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, it might be used for some illegal purpose/s, if you have reported it, you'll not be involved.

Based on my experience, dapat pagawan mo muna ito ng police report kasi kailangan yun sa DFA, then kung meron ka ng police report saka punta ng DFA or make an appointment na ata ngayon, together with the Other documents such as , NBI,B.C authenticated etc. check mo sa website ng DFA. then may babayaran ka dun if hindi pa expired ang passport mo. Almost same lang ang process for new application may isang counter lang dun for lost passport.

Hope this would help.

Greetings kind Sirs/Ma'ams,

I wonder if this fits in your categories, anyway, may I inquire. I have a OFW friend, barely 2 months in Saudi Arabia. Credentials (i.e. Trans of Records, Diploma, Contract, Etc...) was to be submitted by recruitment agency (Manila) to employer in SA. But, problem is, the recruitment agency closed na daw. No way to contact said agency, as of writing. Employer said to friend, need to submit credentials within a month or else, ibabalik sya sa Pinas. Could you point us out, how to go about in dealing with this? Any help will be appreciated.

Pugay and more power!

may tanung lang po ako regarding sa TIN number.. nung year 2005 nag tayo ako ng business. kumuha ako ng TIN para sa business dahil single prop. mula nung makuha ko ang number na yan hindi ko naman po ako naka pag hulog dahil hindi tumuloy ang business. yang number ba na yan pag nag work ako sa ibang company yan din ang ibibigay ko na TIN number? or kukuha ang company ng new TIN for me? hindi ko nga po maalala kung personal ba yan or sa company? thanks

mga boss,

my passport will expire on August. is there any requirement on when should a passport be renewed? say, a month or two before expiration? also, i have some VISAs on that passport, will that be affected? thank you.

There is no limitation as to when your passport may be renewed (basta before it expires of course). Some countries require that passports should at least have 6 months validity before they issue a visa.

As for the visa's, if the visa given to you is a fixed period, it will not be affected, and the DFA will simply attach (as in staple it) your old passport to your new passport. But there are countries whose visa is dependent on the expiry of the passport it is attached to (like france), so if you "pre-terminate" your passport, your visa is also pre-terminated (I think, but better to ask the appropriate embassy as this involves foreign law and not domestic law)..

Hope this helps.

sir maxgreg. with due respect to the NSO opinion. the title of RA 9048 is very clear.

[REPUBLIC ACT NO. 9048]

AN ACT AUTHORIZING THE CITY OR MUNICIPAL CIVIL REGISTRAR OR THE CONSUL GENERAL TO CORRECT A CLERICAL OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERROR IN AN ENTRY AND/OR CHANGE OF FIRST NAME OR NICKNAME IN THE CIVIL REGISTER WITHOUT NEED OF A JUDICIAL ORDER, AMENDING FOR THIS PURPOSE ARTICLES 376 AND 412 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF THE PHILIPPINES.

I doubt that the local civil registrar will allow such change.

But then again its just my opinion. Sir let me know if the civil registrar will allow this.

Sir,

I think the civil registrar will registrar will allow the change. As the title of R.A. 9048 state, a person can seek and administrative correction of two things:

1. Typo error

2. Change in first name and nick name.

Again, I think lang....hehehehe...grabe bang disclaimer.... :)

Id like to ask lang po sana what should i do... Im an immigrant here in the US and I want to petition my fiance...

My inital plan, go back to the philippines, marry her, then file a petition as my spouse.

What I want to know is, is this possible, and if so, how long will it take for the US immigration to process her petition, since I am just at the moment, an Immigrant?

I know that the fastest way is wait for my citizenship, but since that'll take 5 years pa, parang ang tagal masyado. Or is this the fastest route talaga?

Tnx po.

Hi Sir,

Clearly, you need a lawyer practicing in the US and knows US Federal Immigration Laws. Logically, however, I believe you have nothing to lose by marrying her now and file a petition for your wife. And in case you become a US citizen while the petition is pending, I would think you could change/convert your petition.

Nevertheless, from what I have seen from the website of Atty. Garfinkel (tama ba spelling) I think spouse of US Immigrants are given high priority. I would think less than a year...but I suggest you hire a US Lawyer to expedite things.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!