Sound Set Up - What Is Your Sound Set Up?

As was mentioned above, one of the best sources for information regarding car audio setups is www.kotseaudioclub.com.

Siguro one of the most important things to remember is to set reasonable expectations. If you only have enough to spend on a budget setup, don't expect it to sound like systems costing 10x as much.

Best advise I can give you would be to attend our monthly EB's to give you a chance to "audition" various setups, so you will have an idea of what equipment you would want to put in your car.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

JETCAR- hindi na ganyan kagaling, bebentahan ka lang nila ng lumang model na jl and their own imported amplifier (bulok) forgot the name

AUTOLINE- you have to wait for a long line, dami nakapila lalo na may malapit na car show sa april, and i doubt kung marunong siya sa sound quality, more on spl and design siya..dati sa Hans shangrila siya nagstart, ang panigt n pag kagawa niya ng sq, but, in fairness, that was a long time ago...

C3- danny, mukhang mayabang, pero nice, malinis magtrabaho and okay ang sq niya...the only thing i dont like is, makalimutin siya...i have to come back 3 sundays, para matapos ang set up...but i liked it

KID audio- more on spl

Mickey- sa narinig ko, magaling siya, pero mahal....

• 3 weeks later...

Kung medyo maluwag ang budget and you want the best for your money, diretso na kay Mickey Pascual.

Consistent gumawa sa Mickey's, wala kang mairereklamo pagdating sa skills and worksmanship. Pulido talaga. Sobrang knowledgeable sa car audio ni Mickey (as he should be). Minsan akala tuloy ng iba puro sales talk pero you'll learn a lot from him. Plus he's pretty honest, di ka bebentahan ng di mo kailangan. And he's got great ears. Di tulad sa ibang shops na install lang ng install, di naman maganda yung pagkatono, hindi tuloy ma-maximize mga piyesa.

To those who think that he's pricey, remember that what you're getting is a step above what most other shops can provide you. Di ka paaalisin dun until perfect na ang setup mo, di tulad sa ibang shops na kailangan mo pang bumalik ng ilang beses dahil may nakalimutan sila or may na-overlook, etc. You get what you pay for, ika nga.

depends on kung ano talaga ang gusto mo...

i went to autoline for my nissan B13 - used JL's and kickers, dami tao... dami cliente... lalo na pag may show

or you can go to

Jeff Tan at Araneta Ave. he is fairly consistent on hooking up a nice sounding "budget setup" and he gets good reviews from kotseaudioclub pips

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

KM/2 at 2862 Finlandia St., San Isidro, Makati (Back of MAKRO)

they perform audio/video set up, modifications, interior/exterior detailing, car wash (KM/1) beside, paintworks. It is owned by two yuppies, one owns a BMW 5 series, the other a Honda SIR both completely set up.

Funny though, it is also fast becoming a favorite of Volkswagen Beetle enthusiasts who want to have their beetle set up from painting to interior to aircondition, to sound set up.