Accountants\finance\auditors Etc.

Good morning fellow Accountants, et al

@quickie

We share the same sentiments. We get to least enjoy the breaks and holidays. Guess we're one of the most abused of the professions. But I still believe we are lucky. Think about the policemen and military men who are on call almost most of the time. Think also of the doctors and nurses, they also complain about working even on holidays. Marami pa. Our lot as accountants somehow just gives us more edge in terms of breaks. Guess we just have to be thankful somehow. Peace. And hope you enjoy the week ahead!

Good morning fellow Accountants, et al

@quickie

We share the same sentiments. We get to least enjoy the breaks and holidays. Guess we're one of the most abused of the professions. But I still believe we are lucky. Think about the policemen and military men who are on call almost most of the time. Think also of the doctors and nurses, they also complain about working even on holidays. Marami pa. Our lot as accountants somehow just gives us more edge in terms of breaks. Guess we just have to be thankful somehow. Peace. And hope you enjoy the week ahead!

JohnCastle - I agree...ndi naman ako bitter...pero naman, if i were paid like a nurse or doctor here, i wldn't even complain about the hours! hehehe...and my brother is in the military (in fact he's in bahrain right now) so yeah, in so many ways, i guess we (i.e., accountants/cpas) are lucky :D at least i already got out of the firm so i don't have the busy season (jan-apr) anymore :cool:

quickie

Yap I used to be in a big audit firm before where even during the Christmas and New Year holiday's I was assigned to do inventory observation. January to April, oh boy, this is where we are now. More work especially with the so many deadlines. Or is it deathline. :cry: Just kidding. We need some laughter in our busy lives. Peace and have a nice day! :)

quickie

Yap I used to be in a big audit firm before where even during the Christmas and New Year holiday's I was assigned to do inventory observation. January to April, oh boy, this is where we are now. More work especially with the so many deadlines. Or is it deathline. :cry: Just kidding. We need some laughter in our busy lives. Peace and have a nice day! :)

JohnCastle - wawa naman u...hehehe...now i can rub it in kase wala na ako sa firm. i'm starting to call all my friends who are still stuck doing the horrible audit busy hours and i just rub it in...it got so bad that i didn't celebrate my bday in 3 years (hehe, sana ndi rin ako tumanda ng 3 years!!!) :D and yeah, the good old days of inventory observations during the holidays...yup yup, i had my share of those :)

baka ako din pwede sumabit hehehe kung me room pa dyan para sa latak ng mga auditing firms dito s pinas hehehe

:cool:

magaganda ba vietnamese women na kasama mo dyan?

dude

happy new year.. will ask around..what level ka na sa atin? PM me for details..

ok naman chicks dito, kaya lang gusto makaalis ng Vietnam...

JohnCastle - wawa naman u...hehehe...now i can rub it in kase wala na ako sa firm. i'm starting to call all my friends who are still stuck doing the horrible audit busy hours and i just rub it in...it got so bad that i didn't celebrate my bday in 3 years (hehe, sana ndi rin ako tumanda ng 3 years!!!) :D and yeah, the good old days of inventory observations during the holidays...yup yup, i had my share of those <_<

hang in there...before u know it april na :)

quickie

Thanks for the cheering! We all need it. I don't think you lost 3 years not celebrating your b'day. I believe you didn't age at all. Cheers!

Time will fly fast and soon, it's gonna be summer.................. :)

quickie

Thanks for the cheering! We all need it. I don't think you lost 3 years not celebrating your b'day. I believe you didn't age at all. Cheers!

Time will fly fast and soon, it's gonna be summer.................. :)

JohnCastle - you know what i did yesterday while waiting for my reports to run...planning my bday party!!! excited lang me kc ngayon lang ako magcecelebrate :cool:

actually i feel like a kid...palibhasa i'm the youngest in my dept...they all think i just got out of college ;)

yeah, u're welcome...the cheering was to convince myself din... :)

hey thursday is my birthday and im gonna celebrate it again with the working papers and my computer hehehe

:angry:

those interested to go back to an auditing firm pm me hehehe

share tayo sa bonus basta stay ka daw ng one year minimum hehehe

sinnerman adv happy birthday!!! :lol: k lang yan, mas konti ang gastos...w/p and yang computer mo lang ang kasama mo...hehehe...i sympathize :(

JohnCastle - you know what i did yesterday while waiting for my reports to run...planning my bday party!!! excited lang me kc ngayon lang ako magcecelebrate :cool:

actually i feel like a kid...palibhasa i'm the youngest in my dept...they all think i just got out of college ;)

yeah, u're welcome...the cheering was to convince myself din... :)

quickie,

Wow talaga? When is your birthday ba? Is it this month na? Please let me know so I can send you some greetings maski papano. Or if you don't want it known to the peeps here just pm me about it na lang. Ok? :) :) :)

That's great and nice to know that you're the youngest in your dept. I just could imagine the feeling. People would think that you're the baby among the group. Enjoy it while you can for nothing is permanent in this world. :)

Hope you're enjoying the first new week of the year! :) :) :)

pwede magtanong??ano mas mahirap magtrabaho as an accountant or mag aral ng accounting during college???hirap kasi mag-aral eh.. :(

may taga COA ba dito??? :)

Amazon,

Welcome to this thread. From my point of view, dahil napagdaanan ko na ang pagiging student, mas masarap ang maging student kaysa sa nagtratrabaho. Student - kumikita ka kahit di ka nagtratrabaho. Employee/Employer - kayod para kumita.

Hope you're enjoying your new year!

quickie,

Wow talaga? When is your birthday ba? Is it this month na? Please let me know so I can send you some greetings maski papano. Or if you don't want it known to the peeps here just pm me about it na lang. Ok? :) :) :)

That's great and nice to know that you're the youngest in your dept. I just could imagine the feeling. People would think that you're the baby among the group. Enjoy it while you can for nothing is permanent in this world. :)

Hope you're enjoying the first new week of the year! :) :) :)

feb 13th...k lang...tayo-tayo lang naman sa thread na ito eh :blush:

actually, i just found out that they just hired someone new (starting in 2 wks) who is a yr younger (staff ko dati, sinusundan ata nila ako hehehe)...

hay, work...don't even get me started...had a really bad day yesterday :(

QUICKIE,

Wow niz day ang bday mo ha, FRIDAY THE 13TH. Hope you're not superstitious. (tama ba spelling ko). Anyways, thanks for informing me.

Kung guy yung bagong hire, e sinusundan ka siguro. Guess u have such a magnetic personality that's why? :) So 2 na kayo na young ones dyan. Don't worry, surely you'll still be one of the young ones there.

Tell me bout having a terrible day. Almost everyday I have 2 meetings on top of my regular workload. Mind you I even have to bring home work. Although business with pleasure pagdating sa bahay dahil habang nakalog sa MTC, nag wowork. hehehe :) Kaya lang last night hirap magpost. Hirap maglog. :(

Hope you have a niz day! :)

QUICKIE,

Wow niz day ang bday mo ha, FRIDAY THE 13TH. Hope you're not superstitious. (tama ba spelling ko). Anyways, thanks for informing me.

Kung guy yung bagong hire, e sinusundan ka siguro. Guess u have such a magnetic personality that's why? :) So 2 na kayo na young ones dyan. Don't worry, surely you'll still be one of the young ones there.

Tell me bout having a terrible day. Almost everyday I have 2 meetings on top of my regular workload. Mind you I even have to bring home work. Although business with pleasure pagdating sa bahay dahil habang nakalog sa MTC, nag wowork. hehehe :) Kaya lang last night hirap magpost. Hirap maglog. :(

Hope you have a niz day! :)

JohnCastle

actually, i love it when my bday falls on a friday. masmaganda pa sana kung full moon pero i already checked and ndi tumapat eh :(

that's one thing i like bout my new job - i never bring work home. i used to do that while working for public acctg and i absolutely hated it!!! but yesterday was the lowest pt of tlaga - i cried!!! and i never cry (at least not coz of work!)...and my 3 yrs sa firm ndi ako napaiyak ng mgrs/partners/clients ko. ngayon na lang that i work for another company - kahapon tlaga after i got off the conference call, i just cried out of pure frustration...i don't know why i care so much - it's just work! pero nman, doon ako sa car ko umiyak...pride ko lang. but the good sport that i am, i sucked it up and went back to work...

nwayz, thx for listening :D

have a good wknd...hope u're not working ;)

JohnCastle

actually, i love it when my bday falls on a friday. masmaganda pa sana kung full moon pero i already checked and ndi tumapat eh :(

that's one thing i like bout my new job - i never bring work home. i used to do that while working for public acctg and i absolutely hated it!!! but yesterday was the lowest pt of tlaga - i cried!!! and i never cry (at least not coz of work!)...and my 3 yrs sa firm ndi ako napaiyak ng mgrs/partners/clients ko. ngayon na lang that i work for another company - kahapon tlaga after i got off the conference call, i just cried out of pure frustration...i don't know why i care so much - it's just work! pero nman, doon ako sa car ko umiyak...pride ko lang. but the good sport that i am, i sucked it up and went back to work...

nwayz, thx for listening :D

have a good wknd...hope u're not working ;)

QUICKIE,

I sense from what you are saying that you are the romatic type of person. You love it when your bday to fall on a friday with a full moon. It's really nice for a bday to fall on a Friday as well since it means one can go out with the people you like to and not think of the following day as a work day (lest it also happens to be a work day :( ).

Yes we all have our own way of showing our frustration. But I sense again that you are a perfectionist type of person by the way to present your side on how you love your work and how you feel so frustrated at some things, events or even people at that which cause you to really just sulk or sit in one corner and just sob or whatever. Guess, your public acctg experience have trained you well to love your work and become loyal to it somehow and this is the same thing with me. I guess this is the special skill, training or attitude that we 'GEEKs' you call it, that we work in.

Anytime, your very welcome! I hope I was really able to ease your frustration/s away even by just listening through this medium. I'm happy somehow I was able to be of help in my own little way.

Well, I don't know if I will have a nice weekend. I have 2 meetings tomorrow and I don't know if I will be asked to have OT for Sunday. :( But we all hope for the best.

Have a nice weekend 2! :)

QUICKIE,

I sense from what you are saying that you are the romatic type of person. You love it when your bday to fall on a friday with a full moon. It's really nice for a bday to fall on a Friday as well since it means one can go out with the people you like to and not think of the following day as a work day (lest it also happens to be a work day :( ).

Yes we all have our own way of showing our frustration. But I sense again that you are a perfectionist type of person by the way to present your side on how you love your work and how you feel so frustrated at some things, events or even people at that which cause you to really just sulk or sit in one corner and just sob or whatever. Guess, your public acctg experience have trained you well to love your work and become loyal to it somehow and this is the same thing with me. I guess this is the special skill, training or attitude that we 'GEEKs' you call it, that we work in.

Anytime, your very welcome! I hope I was really able to ease your frustration/s away even by just listening through this medium. I'm happy somehow I was able to be of help in my own little way.

Well, I don't know if I will have a nice weekend. I have 2 meetings tomorrow and I don't know if I will be asked to have OT for Sunday. :( But we all hope for the best.

Have a nice weekend 2! :)

JohnCastle

i think u are in the wrong profession...dapat ata eh nag-psychologist ka :cool: u are right in all points...except that i love my birthday to be on a friday just because it's the 13th...and the full moon - that's just my being eccentric, di ba kung pebrero nasisiraan ng bait kung full moon...hehehe :lol:

today was better than yesterday though... B) again...it's just work - hope u see it the same way...(hehe, easier said than done...).

don't work too hard :P

JohnCastle

i think u are in the wrong profession...dapat ata eh nag-psychologist ka :cool: u are right in all points...except that i love my birthday to be on a friday just because it's the 13th...and the full moon - that's just my being eccentric, di ba kung pebrero nasisiraan ng bait kung full moon...hehehe :lol:

today was better than yesterday though... B) again...it's just work - hope u see it the same way...(hehe, easier said than done...).

don't work too hard :P

quickie

To begin with, I noticed you have a very nice and new avatar. It's such a great picture. If that's your body, then oh boy, people here will definitely be running after you. :) It's great.

I thought so, I was in the wrong profession. I really wanted to be an engineer specializing in computers designs and development (both hardware & software). But my parents discouraged me because of the not so good future it had way back when I started college. Acctg was my last choice, Psychology was my second. It's just that I hated laboratory subjects that's why I didn't take up Psych. But in college, mind u, I was a member of the Peer Counsellor's group inspite my being an BA student. It worked for me a lot and in my future dealings with peeps especially clients. To this day, I guess, it still works to a certain extent.

That's great to hear. Hope you continue to be happy and have a better day or days ahead! Enjoy for life is just too short to live and too long to waste. TC! :)