2016 Toyota Fortuner

if the top specd 4x4 fort is around 2.1m thats still lower than the top specd grand santa fe. and i think totally worth it as it has so much goodies installed in it! new gen 2.8l engine, 6-speed a/t gear box, electronic na yung transfer box switch to 4x and low range, traction control, and best of all built in mechanical rear differential lockers!!! :D solid

if the top specd 4x4 fort is around 2.1m thats still lower than the top specd grand santa fe. and i think totally worth it as it has so much goodies installed in it! new gen 2.8l engine, 6-speed a/t gear box, electronic na yung transfer box switch to 4x and low range, traction control, and best of all built in mechanical rear differential lockers!!! :D solid

We're still gonna get the rear drum brakes here in the Phils. :D 2.1 mil worth?

All boils down to personal preference. Besides, if your looking for the all black interior, ganyan talaga style ng mga mfg, hindi muna all out sa first iterations para they can do several face lifts in the next iterations and make more money with the same body.

mabilis naman gumawa ng customized leather seats mga pinoy. hahaha. mura lang din naman. :)

yes but it defeats the purpose of buying a car with leather seats only to install leather seat cover.

So far based on the styling poll conducted by topgear philippines, the fortuner is a distant 3rd with the 2016 Montero leading a neck to neck battle for 1st vs the Everest.

nice specs! i want to see the traction control.

yes but it defeats the purpose of buying a car with leather seats only to install leather seat cover.

So far based on the styling poll conducted by topgear philippines, the fortuner is a distant 3rd with the 2016 Montero leading a neck to neck battle for 1st vs the Everest.

it doesn't really defeat the purpose. the car is more than its seats. unless you can get a version without the leather seat, then by all means get it. then have your own custom made leather seat. it's like getting a car and replacing the chins. if you like everything but one piece, then replace it.:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

my daily driver is an asx .

BTT:

About time na my all new Fortuner na pero sana hindi lang kaha ang binago. Sana pati transmission din. since 2004 , 4 speed automatic ang fortuner ( I have the 2006 model and 2013 model). It does not feel like a new car lalo na if you drive the new models from other brands na 6 speed automatic transmission.

• 1 month later...

New 6-Speed A/T, New 2.8L Engine. Same engine and tranny as the already released new 2016 Hilux. Both the top of the line 2016 Hilux and 2016 Fortuner will also come with a factory electronic rear differential lock.

New transfer box and 4wd system as well. Old Fortuner runs all time 4-wheel then just engages the 4H center diff lock and the low range lock. The new 2016 Fortuner will be running in 2wd (rear wheel) in normal mode then electronic switch to 4wd, 4wd center diff lock, 4wd low range lock, and then a seperate switch for the factory electronice rear diff lock. New traction control system installed as well in the new Fort.

Gas mileage will be better because new Fort will be running in 2wd only in normal mode vs all time 4wd in the old Fort. And despite a smaller engine displacement in the new Fort 2.8L vs 3.0L (old Fort), HP is slightly higher as well. Same goes for the non top spec'd Fort, 2.4L (new Fort) vs 2.5L (old Fort), same smaller displacement but higher HP output.

Edited by baldballsack
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...