How Can I Quit Smoking?

no offense sa mga nagyoyosi ha.

masama ang yosi sa katawan. usok e. mind over matter lang yan. bakit ka ba nag yoyosi? kailangan mo ba para mabuhay? hindi naman di ba, so isipin mo na di mo kailangan so ititigil mo na. engage in sports or better yet, mag paka addict ka na lang dito sa MTC without smoking. kailangan lang e maging busy ka.

no offense sa mga nagyoyosi ha.

masama ang yosi sa katawan. usok e. mind over matter lang yan. bakit ka ba nag yoyosi? kailangan mo ba para mabuhay? hindi naman di ba, so isipin mo na di mo kailangan so ititigil mo na. engage in sports or better yet, mag paka addict ka na lang dito sa MTC without smoking. kailangan lang e maging busy ka.

hehehe!! i did try that... pero ang nangyayari addict na ko sa yosi addict pa sa MTC hehehe

Do you know that our brain is very powerful? If you put your mind to it.. that you really want to stop.. then you will find ways. I think kahet anong enumerate namin dito of ways how to control that itch.. kokontrahin mo lang lahat if you're not really ready and willing to stop. :ninja:

korek..... i was on my freshman year when i started smoking..... by the time i sot to my second year.... i stopped smoking.... kasi wala lang.... hindi ko alam kung bakit ako tumigil ng kahihitit ng yosi... siguro na-bored na ko... wala ako mapalang mabuti sa kayoyosi e... yun lang po....

:blush:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I smoked for 15 years. The last few years of my habit I was a real heavy smoker. I couldn't go 1 hour without a cigarette. First thing I did when I woke up was smoke a cigarette. Last thing I did at night before I went to bed was smoke a cigarette. I smoked before I ate. I smoked right after a meal. I smoked after taking a dump. I smoked while driving...

F*cking cigarettes OWNED ME.

So one day after my last pack ran out I just stopped buying any more cigarettes. I didn't think about smoking on that first day. Then I woke up and I realized hadn't smoked at all the day before. Next day I did the same thing: I didn't think about smoking. I kept busy with other things. I took it day by day. Don't think about tomorrow. Just focus on not smoking today. Worry about tomorrow tomorrow.

Surprisingly, I didn't have any withdrawals nor did I gain any weight.

Cold turkey worked for me, but you should try and experiment what works best for you. Maybe gradual reduction or help from nicotine gum or the patch may be best for you.

get a hold of the book "the easy way to quit smoking" by allen carr. buy, beg, steal, borrow, extort, threaten, maim or mutilate to get it. i don't know what books cost in the noble and ever loyal now, but the price will be worth it. i know people who quit halfway through reading the book with no weight gain, withdrawal symptoms or any of the associated unpleasantness with stopping smoking.

like nike said, just do it. whenever you feel the urge to smoke (especially when you are with friends who smoke) just hold a cigarette, put it in your mouth, but don't light it. after two weeks, you won't even feel the need to hold an unlighted cigarette whenever you are with smokers. this is a surefire way of freeing yourself from the pernicious effects of cigarettes. i did it and so did my friends whom i have advised.

You don't have to quit if you don't want to. Just be ready when you have that heart attack at 60 or get diagnosed with emphysema or lung cancer in 20 years. Enjoy the yosi! You only live once right? So your health goes in the toilet during your last few years? At least you enjoyed those delicious smokes when you were young! :D

sana magkaroon ako ng willpower to do that....

i actually tried a couple of years back. had this bad case of pneumonia that got me bed ridden for a week or so. suddenly realized how shitty it is na di makahinga ng tama (remember, breathing is one of the more important body functions, along with getting an erection and farting silently hahaha). so ayun, 2 months akong nag-swear off.

problema, i had two projects in the same months and the only way to stay awake for me was to puff away...so heto, addict na naman!

for all those who quit: CONGRATULATIONS!

for those who are trying: DON'T QUIT (trying to quit that is)

for those addicted (like me): INGAT SA MAKATI MGA TSONG :P

Dati casual smoker lang ako pero ngayon halos nakakadalawang kaha na ako lalo na habang nakaharap ako sa PC. im startin to ITCH all over and im always nauseated. am i developing cancer? CAN you give me tips on how to quit this habit? im clueless.

Don't quit abruptly because chances are you'll get back the habit again. do it gradually. If you smoke 10 sticks per day make it 5 the next until it is down to zero. If you feel the itch use a nicotine substitute.