What Work Hours/schedule Is Best For You? And Why?

less than 2 months before graduating from college, i had my first job as a full time employee of a government agency. it was a daily M-F, 8-5 grind. nang magsawa, i tried being a salesman. here you make your own schedule. nagsawa din ako so this time sinubukan ko naman ang teaching as college instructor naman. flexible schedule din dito. after sometime, umalis din ako and went to mid east as an OFW. dito parang back to my first job, daily grind din on a set number of hours on a work week. pero okay mas mataas siempre ang sahod at masaya kahit nasa mahigpit na bansa ako napunta dahil maraming party at gimmick yung mga tropa ko. pero hindi rin nagtagal napunta ako ng north america. then made another career switch. this time nasa healthcare sector naman ako. the schedule is flexible and i opted for the 12-hour shift. so i only get to work 3 or 4 days a week and off the rest of the week. i like this set up. and found out that i cannot take the night shift. di ko kaya puyatan even if i doze off the whole day. iba pa rin tulog sa gabi.

o sige mga bro and sis share din kayo how you feel 'bout the thread title. :mtc:

• 1 month later...

tama si rich girl...pero me mas okay jan...yung style namin sa gobyerno jan...basta makumpleto mo yung 8 hours....kahit 9 ka mag report, pag na late ka say Mon. to Thursday, may cumulative absence ka na 30 mins. pwede ka lumabas ng 30 mins later para ioffset yung di mo na trabaho.

dapat sa 1 week, you work 40 hours, kahit nalilate ka ok lang me offsetting naman e

FLEX time is the best work sked. As an entrep, my work sked is 24 hours, 7 days a week :( a 12 hour workday is regular for me.. though I can take off anytime or anyday i want to - hibernate, play truant or even declare my own work holidayssssssssssssssss :D when i do take off, its mostly for family-related matters. I dont mind the long hours, basta 3pm - 5pm on weekdays is sacred personal time - no important, pressing business matter can take this away from me ---- what do i do? pick up my sons from school and check out their HW :) I manage to do that because my office is just 10 minutes away from home.

Guest xHANGMANx

my current work schedule

10PM to 7AM, Monday to Friday with one hour break and 2 15 mins short breaks

so, I'm working only for 7.5 hours

and most of the time, I'm online here

downside, I don't have Friday nights gimik

no problem at all with my sleeping habit

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
iyong output-oriented, enabling you to work at home. even if you work more than ten hours a day, di ka stressed dahil di ka na nagda-drive or nagko-commute.

people tend to be less productive when working at home especially if you are married and if you have kids. napakaraming distractions. i guarantee you guys na if you have set your working time at home for example from 8am to 5pm, you will be very lucky if you can work effectively for 5 hours accumulative.

to answer the question, ako my current work schedule is 4:30pm - 8:30pm only. this suits me most because wala traffic kaya lang medyo late na rin makauwi ng bahay so siguro ill make it 11am-3pm work skeds na lang.

people tend to be less productive when working at home especially if you are married and if you have kids. napakaraming distractions. i guarantee you guys na if you have set your working time at home for example from 8am to 5pm, you will be very lucky if you can work effectively for 5 hours accumulative.

to answer the question, ako my current work schedule is 4:30pm - 8:30pm only. this suits me most because wala traffic kaya lang medyo late na rin makauwi ng bahay so siguro ill make it 11am-3pm work skeds na lang.

sanayan lang iyan dude. :) i actually work longer and am more productive if i work at home. of course when you have to attend meetings and sign documents, you have to be physically present, but otherwise you don't have to be in the office. lalo na ngayong common na ang dsl.