If Aliens Are Out There, Why Haven't They Contacted Us?

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe it's because of distance and priorities. The nearest Earth-like planet found so far is 500 light years away. Assuming that light really is the speed limit, it would take too long to travel just one-way. Who would want to be on a spaceship knowing that they and their offspring up to a hundred generations will all die of old age before reaching its destination? And all that just to check out what's in this boring solar system. I'm just assuming of course that the aliens are mortal hehe.

Even if an alien race is advanced enough to travel through a wormhole, the chances of our solar system being picked by those aliens is slim to none, since there are billions of other choices. An advanced alien race may have already visited another alien race but we just don't know about it.

• Like (+1) 1

Maybe it's because of distance and priorities. The nearest Earth-like planet found so far is 500 light years away. Assuming that light really is the speed limit, it would take too long to travel just one-way. Who would want to be on a spaceship knowing that they and their offspring up to a hundred generations will all die of old age before reaching its destination? And all that just to check out what's in this boring solar system. I'm just assuming of course that the aliens are mortal hehe.

Even if an alien race is advanced enough to travel through a wormhole, the chances of our solar system being picked by those aliens is slim to none, since there are billions of other choices. An advanced alien race may have already visited another alien race but we just don't know about it.

I guess there are things we humans will never ever know. The universe is just too vast for our current technologies to explore. The things we observe in the universe may already no longer exist since it takes light from a distant star at times millions of light years to reach the earth. In that intervening period, that star may have already gone super nova and no longer exists. We will only know that it went super nova millions of years into our future. What we see when we gaze up at the heavens is actually the past.

I guess there are things we humans will never ever know. The universe is just too vast for our current technologies to explore. The things we observe in the universe may already no longer exist since it takes light from a distant star at times millions of light years to reach the earth. In that intervening period, that star may have already gone super nova and no longer exists. We will only know that it went super nova millions of years into our future. What we see when we gaze up at the heavens is actually the past.

Yeah, everything is too far apart. The farthest man-made object (Voyager 1) was launched 38 years ago but it was able to fly past the solar system only last 2013. It's on a course towards a star that is only 17 light years away but it will take 40,000 years to get there. We might be able to build something faster during that period assuming we survive long enough. Or maybe our physicists will be able to create something that is "less than nothing" to forge traversable wormhols on-the-fly. But even they don't know yet if it's physically possible. It's something we won't see in our lifetime; just as past generations didn't get to see today's advances. We only get to see them in sci-fi movies.

The Zoo Hypothesis got me thinking. What if our current level of intelligence is not enough to fully comprehend what is really happening around us. What if advance beings are already among us and we just can't process this in our current level of evolution. Because we observe and perceived our surroundings as humans, we are somewhat limited in terms of senses, rational, culture, etc. If this is the case, then we can compare ourselves to the stray cats. They go about doing their daily routine while being oblivious towards humans.

dude i second your opinion, i actually have the same thoughts. i have read somewhere online that aliens are already here, mingling with us. we just dont know that they are aliens.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Actually some of them are already in contact with Earth. The question here is, why are Aliens aren't exposing themselves to all the Earthlings? Here are some most likely explanation with regards to this phenomenon.

- We are not ready yet. This is pretty much self-explanatory.

- It will create chaos since it is contrary with religious belief.

- Vibration is not high enough to make a contact with them.

- Earth is a prison planet for the milky way galaxy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

if all theories on how we existed is true, it is not so far to understand that there might be a similar planet to earth.. so the possibilities that there are aliens is can be actually true.

why they haven't contact us?

1. They might be more advance than us that they do not want to create chaos and disrupt the balance in the universe.

2. Or we might be more advance than them that they are still and currently on the process of evolution.