Pippen

Hakeem

Nash

Ā 

Coah: Phil Jackson

Offensive Asst: Mike D antoni, Mike K

Defensive: Vogel and Popovich

Ā 

looking at your list I'm assuming you're young, around 23-25 probably.

Ā 

there's no way Kareem was better than Wilt Chamberlain

and James better than Tim Duncan.

Ā 

Phil Jackson is also not better than Red Auerbach or Chuck Daly even. He might have the most wins, but he's not the best coach ever.

Didn't they already tag MJ as the greatest ever? Even the old timers agree, I'm not sure if someone made a strong argument out of it, and I think the current superstars will agree too.

Ā 

MJ's time was the most competitive, most physical. LBJ may one of the top players if you put him there, but definitely not better. LBJ has it easy with the current rules. MJ just made it look easy. MJ didn't leave his team to join forces with 2 other superstars to be a champion, he fought hard to turn the Bulls into a dynasty and would have won 8 straight if he hadn't left.

looking at your list I'm assuming you're young, around 23-25 probably.

Ā 

there's no way Kareem was better than Wilt Chamberlain

and James better than Tim Duncan.

Ā 

Phil Jackson is also not better than Red Auerbach or Chuck Daly even. He might have the most wins, but he's not the best coach ever.

Ā 

I respectfully disagree sir. I think Phil is a great coach. He has his way of massaging the egos of great players like MJ, Kobe and Shaq. LA had a much better team durint Del Harris' time (Shaq, Campbell, Ceballos, Jones, Van Exel plus a young Kobe) and they didn't win a championship.

I respectfully disagree sir. I think Phil is a great coach. He has his way of massaging the egos of great players like MJ, Kobe and Shaq. LA had a much better team durint Del Harris' time (Shaq, Campbell, Ceballos, Jones, Van Exel plus a young Kobe) and they didn't win a championship.

Ā 

don't get me wrong, he's a great coach and motivator but he's far from the greatest ever.

Ā 

phil jackson never had to rebuild a team, start from scratch, mold superstars and turn them into wrecking machines. His teams already had superstars in them, he just had to motivate and stroke their egos (which he's exceptional at)

Ā 

He's not a good strategist, the triangle offense was run mostly by Tex Winter.

Ā 

Contrast this with Chuck Daly, who rebuilt the Detroit Pistons in 1983, forming the Bad Boys with John Salley, Rodman, Laimbeer, Dumars and Isaiah Thomas. Facing the Showtime Lakers (Jabbar, Worthy, Magic) but eventually losing in a very close game 7 (via a controversial foul on Laimbeer). They would establish a franchise record of 63 wins in the next season and SWEEP the showtime lakers in a rematch of the previous finals. They'd win a second championship the year after that against Portland, playing 3 straight games in an arena where they haven't won since 1976.

Ā 

now this is a team that started the 80s as one of the worst teams, setting a losing streak of 21 games in one season. Chuck Daly started turning this around when he entered in 83. Contrast this with Phil Jackson who inherited an already strong playoff team in the form of Doug Collins' Chicago Bulls.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...