Lasik Surgery

brentley

got lasik as a bday gift :) (total damage 73K - 2019)
from grade 650 both eyes with astigmatism , now its 20/20. The first day, everything's bright, kaya i used the specialized pair of eyeglasses. Ung unang first days ko parang HD lahat , kahit mga langgam kita ko eh, so far the best gift ive received :D

youll undergo initial screening / test first to see if eligible ka for lasik procedure, tear test is medyo makirot 😅 theyll put a small piece of paper in your eyes

medical city ortigas , if im not mistaken 3k ung initial screening, and may take a long time to get all tests done

im not sure how much na ngaun, merun din namang mga promo promo which is cheaper compared to medical city ortigas

Edited by Emigen
Just now, Emigen said:

from grade 650 both eyes with astigmatism , now its 20/20. The first day, everything's bright, kaya i used the specialized pair of eyeglasses. Ung unang first days ko parang HD lahat , kahit mga langgam kita ko eh, so far the best gift ive received :D

youll undergo initial screening / test first to see if eligible ka for lasik procedure, tear test is medyo makirot 😅 theyll put a small piece of paper in your eyes

madali lang magrecover?

6 hours ago, Emigen said:

medical city ortigas , if im not mistaken 3k ung initial screening, and may take a long time to get all tests done

im not sure how much na ngaun, merun din namang mga promo promo which is cheaper compared to medical city ortigas

Planning this also for my next year bday.

Is 250/270 grade qualified for Lasix?

Been thinking of getting Lasik for quite sometime now. But can't help the fear of getting it done. Plus the idea of not being allowed to scratch your eyes hard (just in case I forget) scares me. I've got a friend who got Lasik a couple of years ago and upto this day brings a bottle of eyedrops as his eyes are always dry. Seems like a hassle. Though my brother said it's the best decision he made - everything is HD when you wake up. Can't decide. 

I had lasik surgery done last April, so far wala naman problema, healing time a week lang okay na, dryness di naman masyado, mag patak lang pag nagdry, worth it na investment sa sarili, kesa every year na palit lagi ng eyeglass dahil pabago bago grado, 

Mas maeenjoy mo na ulit outdoor activities without the hassle of eyeglass, swimming, basketball, lalo na pag nagdadrive ka kahit gabi. Di kana masisilaw, 

I had my lasik it was way back early 2000...during that time i was advised when you reach at the age 40...the vision will degrade gradually. it is not forever that it will be 20/20 vision i just decided to had my lasik as i dont want to wear eyeglasses and it was one of company health benefits

Edited by bird_box
On 5/16/2016 at 4:43 PM, azraelmd said:

If you're younger than 40 years of age....ok ang lasik....bago na mga machine....pero dapat may screening ka muna...vision screening test ranges from 2k and above....

After that kung ok na....we do the procedures....prices here ranges from 50k both eyes to as much as 80k per eye....depends yan sa ophthalmologist mo kung magkano PF nya...

Pero kung malapit ka na mag 40....or advise ko sa mga mid 30s na....wag na mag pa lasik masasayang lang...there are better alternatives for mga patients 40 and above....

Ano po yong alternatives for 40 & above? I'm 55 yo. Thanks!

maaring lumalabo ulit but probably not as blurry as it was prior to the procedure that's why people with high refractive errors really like the advantages of having the lasik done. Also, remember that the cornea (where lasik is done) is only 1 part of the eye which has refracting properties; the other major refractive part is the LENS (the one that gets cataract and the one that gets affected when you turn 40 and above (presbyopia- when you need reading glasses because your eyes lose accomodation to see near objects). It is important for the patient to have a thorough chair-time with their doctor and to not hesistate to ask questions. 😉