Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)

-BPO is the delegation of one or more business processes to an external provider that owns, administers and manages the selected process/es based on defined and measurable performance metrics.

-BPO offers delivery and management of critical but non-core processes, such as the following:

-Customer Relationship Management

-Finance and Accounting

-Human Resources

-Learning Services

-Supply Chain Management

-Transaction Processing

- Companies like Accenture offers BPO services to clients who would like to outsource entire business functions to reduce costs and improve efficiency

-Shift the focus of the client - from non-core tasks to strategic issues and core business

-Benefit from improved efficiency and quality of service through specialized management, a formalized approach to process reengineering, and continuous improvement

-Reduce cost — and, often, replace a fixed cost with a cost that is variable yet predictable, scalable, and easier to manage

-Significantly reduce capital investment

Edited by briannx
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sir, I'm in the process of applying for a supervisory position with accenture (BPO). Could you give me insights (I am assuming that you are from Accenture) on my potential growth careerwise? What can I expect in terms of working environment? And should I be worried about my health because of the cycling shifts? Lastly, how rewarding is it financially? I am holding a managerial position right now in another IT company but I'm considering the shift if all these factors that I'm considering would be best covered by accenture.

I hope you could give me your most reasonable, unbiased advice... Thanks :)

• 1 month later...
Sir,  I'm in the process of applying for a supervisory position with accenture (BPO).  Could you give me insights (I am assuming that you are from Accenture) on my potential growth careerwise?  What can I expect in terms of working environment?  And should I be worried about my health because of the cycling shifts?  Lastly, how rewarding is it financially?  I am holding a managerial position right now in another IT company but I'm considering the shift if all these factors that I'm considering would be best covered by accenture.

I hope you could give me your most reasonable, unbiased advice... Thanks  :)

Hi! Sorry for the late late late reply here. Even though I already answered this to you. For the sake of discussion, I'll post it here.

Yes, I am from Accenture. I've been here for 3 years now. And its in this company that I want to build my career. For career growth, I believe that it rests on your performance and attitude. Of course there are a lot of bad times in our work but its in the way you handle it that makes a difference. A colleague of mine was just promoted to Unit Lead (Project Manager) after just 3 years here. He started here as a Supervisor and worked his way up. Regarding the working environment, its a demanding work. You really need to be flexible. But in my case, it is a challenge for me. To balance work and personal life. And your last question, is it rewarding? Well, in my case not financially but career wise, it is. I believe Accenture gives its employees what is due to them. :)

I hope that satisfies your questions. :)

Edited by briannx
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...