• 3 months later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone,

Isa po akong kawani ng GSIS sa isang branch nito sa Metro Manila. This is my humble effort to inform MTC members regarding GSIS concerns. I'll do my best to answer your queries ASAP, to the best of my knowledge.

Thanks.

hi im a govt employee... ask lang sana ako kasi meron daw sa DepEd ARMM hindi daw nagreremit ng pera... pwede ko ba ask kung meron remittance ang city govt of makati... specifically from casual employees of the city hall... by now siguro alam mo na na ako'y worker from this institution...

and also my officemates because they say casuals dont get the same benefits as those who are regulars... i quoted to them the new GSIS Act am i right that even thought you are a casual or contractual as long as you are a member and you give contributions you will receive the same benefits???

thanks...

:mtc: :mtc: :mtc:

Hi Everyone,

Isa po akong kawani ng GSIS sa isang branch nito sa Metro Manila. This is my humble effort to inform MTC members regarding GSIS concerns. I'll do my best to answer your queries ASAP, to the best of my knowledge.

Thanks.

Hi! My grandfather, who is a Retired MTC (Municipal Trial Court) :P Judge passed away 3 years ago. Any benefits that the immediate family can claim from GSIS?

hi im a govt employee... ask lang sana ako kasi meron daw sa DepEd ARMM hindi daw nagreremit ng pera... pwede ko ba ask kung meron remittance ang city govt of makati... specifically from casual employees of the city hall... by now siguro alam mo na na ako'y worker from this institution...

and also my officemates because they say casuals dont get the same benefits as those who are regulars... i quoted to them the new GSIS Act am i right that even thought you are a casual or contractual as long as you are a member and you give contributions you will receive the same benefits???

thanks...

:mtc:  :mtc:  :mtc:

Hi pareng bugoy,

Pasensya na hindi ko nakita agad yung post ko. Akala ko kasi namatay na tong thread na to. Anyway to answer your questions...

1. We have an ongoing reconciliation arrangement with the City of Makati and so far, we are in the thick of reconciling 84 remittance lists from your agency. Your vice-mayor, i think, is taking the lead in this reconciliation project. Hopefully, masesettle na yung account ninyo, again, depende sa cooperation ng agency ninyo. The good thing about this is that both GSIS and Makati gov't is doing something about it.

2. Casuals and permanent gov't employees both get benefits from GSIS. Both are entitled to loans (such as salary and housing) and other programs, such as the eCard (and the P5,000 cash advance that go along with it). May mga konti lang difference. For example, sa housing loan, temporary, co-terminus, contractual, and casual employees must have had at least five years of continuous service. Pag permanent ka, aotumatic, pwede kang mag housing loan. Sa salary loan naman, pareho lang. Both casual and permanent employees must have 20 monthly contributions para makaloan. All others, like dividends, insurance coverage, pareho lang ang benefits.

I hope I was of help. For more information, check out http://www.gsis.gov.ph/index.html

Hi! My grandfather, who is a Retired MTC (Municipal Trial Court)  :P  Judge passed away 3 years ago. Any benefits that the immediate family can claim from GSIS?

Pareng xcalibur, salamat sa tanong mo.

Members of the judiciary, according to the GSIS charter, are what we consider special members. Since they already have their JDF to cover for their retirement and death benefits, the GSIS only provides them with life insurance coverage. That means the GSIS do not provide member pension, survivorship pension, and the likes to members of the judiciary. This also means the judiciary remits less premiums to the GSIS.

However, the GSIS returns the contributions of a judiciary member once he/she retires or corresponding life insurance benefits are given if the member dies while in service. If your father died while in service or if he retired and has yet to get the contributions he made with the GSIS, you may coordinate with the GSIS main office in Pasay. The Costumer Relations Monitoring Department (CRMD) Desk at the lobby with assist you on what you should do.

Thanks man. :)

My question is... why the posting system of gsis is not updated???? We had hard time in the application of e-card because of their posting system, where in fact our office is remitting on time. Also, there were unposted payments in my account and i already personally submitted the documents and yet until now, di pa rin posted..Bakit naman ganun?????????

My question is... why the posting system of gsis is not updated???? We had hard time in the application of e-card because of their posting system, where in fact our office is remitting on time. Also, there were unposted payments in my account and i already personally submitted the documents and yet until now, di pa rin posted..Bakit naman ganun?????????

Thank you tall guy. The GSIS' system, believe it or not, had only implemented a systematic and digitized posting system in 2003. At present, we are putting in a central database all the transactions of 1.3 million members since 1997 and this is, by no means an easy task. At present, we are nearly 90 percent complete with the backlog posting. What is taking so long is the actual reconciliation of GSIS visavis the agency records. Both sides have to prove how much an agency actually remitted. Action here cuts both ways as the GSIS can only proceed with reconciling the records based on the cooperation of the agency. Truth is, we are meeting resistance from some agencies because some do not want the tedious process of putting an efficient records system from their members (I think you have an idea why).

It would help if you could tell me the agency you are working for, so I could get its status, if it is really remiiting on time (meaning every 10th of the month).

I understand your frustration with the need for a members to have his.her record checked before getting an eCard. But this is a necessary procedure. For one, we have to be sure of the identity of the applicant. I'm sure you would appreciate the SOP here that only aims to prevent unscrupulous people to get your eCard, right? Also, we want to be sure that the applicant is still in service. Remember, the eCard has a built in P5,000 loan and we want to be sure that that applicant is still in active service before he can avail of the loan.

YOu mentioned you have already submitted you're documents and still it has yet to be posted. What are these documents? When did you submit these? And what was the GSIS personnel's explanation for the delay?

Thanks.

GSIS opens satellite office in Northern Samar

The Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) has recently opened a satellite office in Catarman in the province of Northern Samar to cater to the needs of some 8,500 members from 25 municipalities in the province.

The satellite office is an extension of the GSIS Catbalogan Field Office, and is outfitted to grant and pay salary loans, policy loans, emergency loans, pension loans, funeral benefit claims, regular and optional life insurance claims, retirement claims and pre-need claims.

It will also receive and forward to the Catbalogan Field Office housing loans, general insurance underwriting and claims, Employees Compensation claims, as well as requests for resumption of pension and survivorship pension.

“Before we decided to open the Catarman satellite office, our members from Northern Samar had to travel long hours just to reach our field office in Catbalogan,” said GSIS president and general manager Winston Garcia.

“Now that we have brought the GSIS nearer them, they can begin enjoying responsive, timely and fast delivery of services without spending much for transportation,” he added.

The Catarman satellite office is currently manned by five GSIS personnel, and is located in the provincial capitol grounds of Northern Samar.

hi...

i was just wondering why is it that every year we are giving our support services the application form for GSIS but still we dont get our Policy Number??? bawat taon ganun gawa namin... san ba kami pwede magpunta??? i mean dumiretso??? wat are the needed papers... i may be needing some money kasi this year and i was thingkin of getting a loan but i know to have a loan i have to have a policy number... so un ang prob ko and some of my officemates here... hope youo can extend some hand to us...

hi...

i was just wondering why is it that every year we are giving our support services the application form for GSIS but still we dont get our Policy Number??? bawat taon ganun gawa namin... san ba kami pwede magpunta??? i mean dumiretso??? wat are the needed papers... i may be needing some money kasi this year and i was thingkin of getting a loan but i know to have a loan i have to have a policy number... so un ang prob ko and some of my officemates here... hope youo can extend some hand to us...

Hi bugoy, I am not so sure why you guys don't have your policy numbers. If you have a liaison officer with the GSIS, I suggest you ask that person why year in year out you need to submit membership application forms. Do you get GSIS deductions? If so, i think you may already have your policy number (it usually starts with LP-### or CM-###) Try calling the head office, so that you'll know for sure if you already have a policy number. OUr trunkline is 8916161. Have the operator connect you to the membership department.

If you find out you still don't have a policy number, although you are getting deductions, better confront your admin or HR about it. There is a possibity that your agency may not be remitting your premiums.

If our membership department is unable to help you out in checking if you have a policy number, you may try PMing me your full name and agency. I'll see what I can do. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pare, I was waiting for your call last week. I already got a hold of your dad's records, but I left it in the house. Anyway, based on what I gathered, Comelec has yet to report to GSIS that your dad already passed away. In fact, our record shows he remains in active duty, but is no longer remitting premiums. I'm still in consultation with one of the claims guys here on how much his beneficiaries stand to receive, but I was informed that it is important that Comelec's admin send the necessary papers to GSIS showing he ceased to be in duty as of 2000.

I'll feed you more info as they come.

Pare, any new info on what we discussed last week over the phone? Hope to hear from you soon.

Pare, I was waiting for your call last week. I already got a hold of your dad's records, but I left it in the house. Anyway, based on what I gathered, Comelec has yet to report to GSIS that your dad already passed away. In fact, our record shows he remains in active duty, but is no longer remitting premiums. I'm still in consultation with one of the claims guys here on how much his beneficiaries stand to receive, but I was informed that it is important that Comelec's admin send the necessary papers to GSIS showing he ceased to be in duty as of 2000.

I'll feed you more info as they come.

Thanks, pare. I was away for a week and just got back Friday. I'll try to call you this week. Are you referring to the clearance from Comelec, death certificate, etc? I have them with me. Ok, I'll be there sometime in June. Will inform you once my sked is fixed so that we can meet up.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Ask ko lang, kung pwede pa me magpolicy loan after na nakuha ko yung maturity value ng aking policy?

Explain ko lang to sandali, please bear with me...

Yung policy mo na nagmature is called the life endowment policy (LEP), which is the old life insurance policy provided to regular members na pumasok sa service prior to August 1, 2003. Since nag-mature na yung LEP mo, nakapagclaim ka na ng cash surrender value (CSV)

This means (I assume you're still in the service) you now have a new life insurance policy. And this policy is called the Enhanced Life Policy (ELP). ELP effectively replaces LEP. With ELP, you now start accumulating a sort of a seed money, called the ination value of the policy. Usually, once you convert from LEP to ELP, may startup seed money na yun, pero dahil kinuha mo na yung (CSV), medyo hindi pa sya ganoon kalaki.

So to answer your question, pwede kang magpolicy loan. Up to 90% of your accumulated termination value, with interest rate of 8% per annum compounded monthly. Kaso, baka medyo maliit pa lang iyon kasi kaka-claim mo pa lang ng CSV.

Better check with your liaison officer kung magkano na termination value ng policy mo.

Sana nakatulong ako. Sorry for the late reply. Akala ko kasi wala nang nagpopost dito eh.

patulong naman kase yung mother ng gf ko nakaassign sa counsilor then after 9yrs nung matapos na yung term niya yung parang separation pay niya nakuha niya lang is 1k bakit naman gnun wala naman utang yung tao.....patulong naman

Ok, nine years in service, pero 1K lang nakuha nya. Ikaklaro ko lang ha? Separation pays are given by her employer, meaning the LGU she worked for, not the GSIS. Ang separation package kasi ng GSIS for her case (less than 15 years service and below 60 years of age) is cash payment equivalent to 100% of the Average Monthly Compensation for every year of service payable upon reaching age 60.

But if you're talking about cash surrender value for her life insurance policy--where she's supposed to get higher than P1K--I suspect she incurred underpayments. Meaning, kahit na kinakaltasan sya ng contributions for her premium payments, malamang hindi nireremit ng agency nya.

I suggest you ask her to ask her agency it already updated all its obligations with the GSIS. She can ask for a copy of the remittance list showing her premiums (with official receipt). If everything is in order, meaning napatunayan na niremit yung prima nya sa GSIS, please PM me her particulars (name, agency, period of service, birthdate, and policy number). I'll see what can be done.

Thanks.