How Do You Speak Your Love Language?

How do you speak LOVE?

It's rare that couples share the same love language. It's frustrating not being able to understand each other, especially when you think you are doing a good job at expressing your love and yet the other person is not feeling loved.
You just need to know how to speak each other's love language.

My love language:

Physical Touch

A person whose primary language is Physical Touch is, not surprisingly, very touchy. Hugs, pats on the back, and thoughtful touches on the arm—they can all be ways to show excitement, concern, care, and love. Physical presence and accessibility are crucial, while neglect or abuse can be unforgivable and destructive. Appropriate and timely touches communicate warmth, safety, and love to you.

Quality Time

In Quality Time, nothing says “I love you” like full, undivided attention. Being there for this type of person is critical, but really being there—with the TV off, fork and knife down, and all chores and tasks on standby—makes you feel truly special and loved. Distractions, postponed activities, or the failure to listen can be especially hurtful. Whether itʼs spending uninterrupted time talking with someone else or doing activities together, you deepen your connection with others through sharing time.

If the person is right for you, then language will not even be an issue. Because you can force yourself to keep doing all these romantic things for the other person and it would still all end up unappreciated.... like you are indeed not speaking the same language. If you feel that you need to walk on eggshells to make it work or to force yourself to be happy, then you definitely don't speak the same language. Inspiration to make the other feel special should come natural.

As to how do I express it

Well I enjoy making the person feel relevant and appreciated. I like taking time, and giving plenty of time. Its important to have regular quality time and to really use it to make each other happy. Kaya nga quality time eh. Its what you do together that build good foundation.

Then there is the physical aspect........ which I am sure is a form that is everyones favorite... but that is a story for some other threads na lang.

• Like (+1) 2

Physical Touch

This language isn't all about the bedroom. A person whose primary language is Physical Touch is, not surprisingly, very touchy. Hugs, pats on the back, holding hands, and thoughtful touches on the arm, shoulder, or face – they can all be ways to show excitement, concern, care, and love. Physical presence and accessibility are crucial, while neglect or abuse can be unforgivable and destructive. Physical touch fosters a sense of security and belonging in any relationship.
Quality Time
In the vernacular of Quality Time, nothing says, "I love you," like full, undivided attention. Being there for this type of person is critical, but really being there – with the TV off, fork and knife down, and all chores and tasks on standby – makes your significant other feel truly special and loved. Distractions, postponed dates, or the failure to listen can be especially hurtful. Quality Time also means sharing quality conversation and quality activities.

;)

My love language:

Physical Touch

A person whose primary language is Physical Touch is, not surprisingly, very touchy. Hugs, pats on the back, and thoughtful touches on the arm—they can all be ways to show excitement, concern, care, and love. Physical presence and accessibility are crucial, while neglect or abuse can be unforgivable and destructive. Appropriate and timely touches communicate warmth, safety, and love to you.

Quality Time

In Quality Time, nothing says “I love you” like full, undivided attention. Being there for this type of person is critical, but really being there—with the TV off, fork and knife down, and all chores and tasks on standby—makes you feel truly special and loved. Distractions, postponed activities, or the failure to listen can be especially hurtful. Whether itʼs spending uninterrupted time talking with someone else or doing activities together, you deepen your connection with others through sharing time.

We have the same love language :D

My partner and I are as close as we ever were because we spend a lot of time together (we live together) and we share physical intimacy. Not just intimacy in bed, we like to touch frequently during the day. It is imperative to us to show our love to one another.

At the center of our relationship are our unwavering trust, understanding and unconditional love. That really is the foundation of a relationship. Of course these were built through the experiences we went through together. No matter how rocky things got, we chose to make it work. All relationships need attention to flourish, I hope those venturing into love are aware that it is a continuous effort :)

Quality Time

service.png

Acts of Service
Can helping with homework really be an expression of love? Absolutely! Anything you do to ease the burden of responsibilities weighing on an “Acts of Service” person will speak volumes. The words he or she most wants to hear: “Let me do that for you.” Laziness, broken commitments, and making more work for them tell speakers of this language their feelings don’t matter. When others serve you out of love (and not obligation), you feel truly valued and loved.

touch.png

Physical Touch

gifts.png

Receiving Gifts
Don’t mistake this love language for materialism; the receiver of gifts thrives on the love, thoughtfulness, and effort behind the gift. If you speak this language, the perfect gift or gesture shows that you are known, you are cared for, and you are prized above whatever was sacrificed to bring the gift to you. A missed birthday or a hasty, thoughtless gift would be disastrous—so would the absence of everyday gestures. Gifts are heartfelt symbols to you of someone else's love and affection for you.

affirmation.png

Words of Affirmation
Actions don’t always speak louder than words. If this is your love language, unsolicited compliments mean the world to you. Hearing the words, “I love you,” are important— hearing the reasons behind that love sends your spirits skyward. Insults can leave you shattered and are not easily forgotten. You thrive on hearing kind and encouraging words that build you up.

• Like (+1) 2

My Love Language:

Quality Time

In the vernacular of Quality Time, nothing says, "I love you," like full, undivided attention. Being there for this type of person is critical, but really being there – with the TV off, fork and knife down, and all chores and tasks on standby – makes your significant other feel truly special and loved. Distractions, postponed dates, or the failure to listen can be especially hurtful. Quality Time also means sharing quality conversation and quality activities.
Words of Affirmation
Actions don't always speak louder than words. If this is your love language, unsolicited compliments mean the world to you. Hearing the words, "I love you," are important – hearing the reasons behind that love sends your spirits skyward. Insults can leave you shattered and are not easily forgotten. Kind, encouraging, and positive words are truly life-giving.
Edited by duneteaser

My love language

Quality Time

Physical Touch

Physical Touch
This language isn't all about the bedroom. A person whose primary language is Physical Touch is, not surprisingly, very touchy. Hugs, pats on the back, holding hands, and thoughtful touches on the arm, shoulder, or face – they can all be ways to show excitement, concern, care, and love. Physical presence and accessibility are crucial, while neglect or abuse can be unforgivable and destructive. Physical touch fosters a sense of security and belonging in any relationship.

Words of Affirmation
Actions don't always speak louder than words. If this is your love language, unsolicited compliments mean the world to you. Hearing the words, "I love you," are important – hearing the reasons behind that love sends your spirits skyward. Insults can leave you shattered and are not easily forgotten. Kind, encouraging, and positive words are truly life-giving.

• WORDS OF AFFIRMATION
  • ACT OF SERVICE
  • PHYSICAL TOUCH (I don't have to explain myself on this one ;) )

My love language is all about TLC and funny (sometimes horny) pick up lines

For sure he's been spoiling me like a baby, but that doesn't mean I have to take all the effort he's doing

I was born with maternal instincts and I always apply that to my love life, cooking a nice meal and serving him food on his plate is one of my ways of respecting and loving my man. I can be dominant but I always make sure that i show him love, care and respect. I am also a supportive woman to my man, I'm his cheerleader, I tap his back, give him a thumbs up and even put a big check on his head, together with the words "very good!!"

A surprise text of a pick up line on random hours can light up my man. of course a random note dropped on his desk is much appreciated ;)

hey babe

I LOVE YOU

from your crazy girlfriend ;)

-or-

hey babe

get your tongue ready

my horny pussy is waiting

;)

at random time, it can change his mood and light up his face ;)

Edited by femcasanova
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...