How I Met Your Mother

HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER is a comedy about Ted (Josh Radnor) and how he fell in love. It all started when Ted's best friend, Marshall (Jason Segel), dropped the bombshell that he was going to propose to his long-time girlfriend, Lily (Alyson Hannigan), a kindergarten teacher. At that moment, Ted realized that he had better get a move on if he also hopes to find true love. Helping him in his quest is Barney (Neil Patrick Harris), a friend with endless, sometimes outrageous opinions, a penchant for suits and foolproof ways to pick up women. When Ted meets Robin (Cobie Smulders), he is sure it is love at first sight, but destiny may have something else in store. The series is narrated through flashbacks from the future.

hey i like this show, really funny :lol:

caught an episode two nights ago on Star.

Neil Patrick Harris is gay right? he plays the girl-addicted guy role quite well

"its going to be LEGENDARY!" :lol:

Yeah he is. I used to idolize the dude... His a good actor, and kinda the ladies man.....I dint believed it at first when he came "OUT".

Legen... I hope your not lactoseintollerant coz the next word is Dairy :P

I'm not sure if I lost my sense of humor, but this show ain't funny. Too many cliches. Doogie's acting is so dry. And I don't really appreciate Allison Hannigan being cast as a geek that no one notices. She's HOTTER than the other girl.

Without doogie, this show would've been cancelled after the 1st season...

Agree.

The shows kinda retarded in a way but after watching it for a couple of eppisolds... it makes you realize that theres something more to it than being a friends/coupling/signfeld knock-off.Hannigan's casting was not that good but she can pull it off. Coz she was typecasted as the "band camp girl" from the Pie franchise.

I still can't believe NPH is gay.

seems we like the same type of shows bro redshirt?

hehehe

Cobie Smulders looks hot in this series and I think that is the reason why I got hooked to this show. and yeah, Doogie's uber-bachelor character makes me rolling in the floor in laughter! even with his metrosexual tendencies, I can't help but laugh till I cry with the way his character brushes most things off as the "typical" male bachelor and his always awesome/psyched up state in any situation possible. plus, you can't help but love/hate his arrogant attitude that really is not that offensive unless you're too sensitive...

hehehe

btw, I never knew that Doogie is gay before I read this thread. and I can't really believe it completely too...

seems we like the same type of shows bro redshirt?

hehehe

Cobie Smulders looks hot in this series and I think that is the reason why I got hooked to this show. and yeah, Doogie's uber-bachelor character makes me rolling in the floor in laughter! even with his metrosexual tendencies, I can't help but laugh till I cry with the way his character brushes most things off as the "typical" male bachelor and his always awesome/psyched up state in any situation possible. plus, you can't help but love/hate his arrogant attitude that really is not that offensive unless you're too sensitive...

hehehe

btw, I never knew that Doogie is gay before I read this thread. and I can't really believe it completely too...

What can I say mate? Great minds think alike :P Some people might say that my knowledge only applies to pop culture(ie. Television)... But f#&k them I says!

Yeah Robin is so hot! I liked the show because of NPH and Robin. If you want to see more of her... Go watch the film, a long weekend.

LEGENDARY!!!

I actually accidentally got to watch again "The Long Weekend" last friday and I immediately thought the girl there looked really familiar but I had a feeling it was Cobie Smulders. good thing I already bought a pirated copy way before then...

hehehe

and yeah, she was AWESOME there!

not acting-wise though...

hehehe

I like the show.....I thought it was a good concept to evolve the entire show on who will be Mrs. Ted......I'm not really high on Robin....but that Wedding girl/Cake maker was hot......and that girl who had a pineapple in Ted's room was cute......Plus NPH is funny.....

Off-Topic....Is there a thread about Freddie......that is one hell of a show :lol: never fails to make me laugh

Edited by Waterbearer
I actually accidentally got to watch again "The Long Weekend" last friday and I immediately thought the girl there looked really familiar but I had a feeling it was Cobie Smulders. good thing I already bought a pirated copy way before then...

hehehe

and yeah, she was AWESOME there!

not acting-wise though...

hehehe

yeah but she was hot as always :P

I can see that too....good thing he has a great supporting cast to coverup his weaknesses.

Why not start your own Freddie Thread? So that we won't be OT anymore :P

I only have a closet full of suits and a string of one night stands....

*sobs*

Oh, these are tears of joy. Believe me. Thanks Big guy for letting me doge that bullet!

-Barney

I like the show.....I thought it was a good concept to evolve the entire show on who will be Mrs. Ted......I'm not really high on Robin....but that Wedding girl/Cake maker was hot......and that girl who had a pineapple in Ted's room was cute......Plus NPH is funny.....

Off-Topic....Is there a thread about Freddie......that is one hell of a show :lol: never fails to make me laugh

that baker girl is Ashley Williams. first time she appeared in the show I knew she looked very familiar to me. true enough, I already was following a show before that was also showed in ETC titled "Good Morning Miami" where she was the leading actress in that sitcom. and man, she was wwwaaaaayyyyyyy hotter there compared to her image/character in this show (IMHO)...

and yeah, for those who started watching season 2 I'm thinking your also waiting for the other slaps Barney's going to get from Marshall...

hehehe