Why Are There More Unfaithful Married Men Than Women? Or Are They Rea

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

plenty of reasons.

1. most men treat sex like a sport, thus the natural instinct of competitiveness and dominance will make them pursue other pleasures with another partner. most, not all. especially the alpha male kind.

2. women's natural fickle-mindedness and mood swings can make them think / unthink about sex. most cheating encounters were a "spur of the moment" thing with women (nalasing, nagkaigihan, di nya alam what made her do that, etc). of course may exception sa naturally liberated and those who got into deep loving affairs. pero the one night stands? more than half eh biglaan. in that same context, biglaan din minsan ang pagbackout ni girl sa cheating, kaya malaki ang chances they can say no. sa guys? barely ung biglaan; most likely planado and calculated yan. nakipagkaibigan, nilandi, nilasing ung babae. kahit walang "intent manakit", may intent na maging target si girl. thus the term "pweeedeeehhh".

3. mas romantic thinkers ang mga babae so they tend to hold relationship and marriage sa higher pedestals. men do too, but the natural "sex is going for the k*ll" biologocal factor kicks in.

• 1 month later...

There is a school of thought that says if a woman cheats, it is more likely to signal an end to her primary relationship than if a man cheats (link is external). And this may in fact be the case, because men and women tend to think and feel differently about sex and relationships.

Men are generally more likely than women to be able to compartmentalize sex and intimate connections. For many men, sex is sex, and relationships are relationships, and the two do not necessarily overlap. Thus, a man who casually cheats may do so without feeling a significant degree of emotional connection to a mistress, while a woman who cheats could see things differently, with sex and emotional connection intermingled in ways that make compartmentalization more difficult.

• Like (+1) 1
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Men are Polygamous (and Adventurous) in nature, hence they do explore possibilities hooking-up with other women (single or not). While women can be the same, since we live in a pre-dominantly Catholic country, it is unfortunate that women gets more vilified when they get caught in another relationship than men.

I'm sure most would disagree but that's how I see it.

• 4 months later...

This fact maybe true 10 years ago.. but in this day and age, I think it's just about the same for men women. Just in my own social circle, I have more women friends that have cheated on their bf's and hubby's than the other way around. I guess, nowadays women are different. They are much more stronger and independent, thus they can and will get what they want.

Men should never be expected to be completely monogamous.

I'm 50.

In the 1970s and 1980s... men were never expected to be completely monogamous.

It is the idiots past the 1990s and into the 2000s that started expecting men to be chaste like women.

Thus if you follow the stupid notion that non monogamy will result in breakups, there will never be intact families.

You can track every provider man on his phone, camera and mic and see that monogamy for men should never be expected.

There is a school of thought that says if a woman cheats, it is more likely to signal an end to her primary relationship than if a man cheats (link is external). And this may in fact be the case, because men and women tend to think and feel differently about sex and relationships.

Men are generally more likely than women to be able to compartmentalize sex and intimate connections. For many men, sex is sex, and relationships are relationships, and the two do not necessarily overlap. Thus, a man who casually cheats may do so without feeling a significant degree of emotional connection to a mistress, while a woman who cheats could see things differently, with sex and emotional connection intermingled in ways that make compartmentalization more difficult.

This is the best explanation there is. Also the same reason why men can handle emotional stress better than women, it is because men are better in compartmentalizing thoughts and emotions.

While men are better in compartmentalizing, this means also that we suck at addressing issues head-on, because we tend to set aside bigger issues first until we are capable of tackling it.

• 1 year later...

well in my case, I admitted that I cheated my live in partner manytimes and there are times she cought me. How ironic I discovered she cheated on me 3 yrs ago and until now we are arguing since i cannot accept what she did,, well because of ego and pride im thinking that she doesnt have the right to do that even though i cheated first.....still i want dump that bitch

• 4 weeks later...

What does it mean to be unfaithful? Just because there is no sex, there is no unfaithfulness? Men may perhaps engage in sex more than women. But there are women who get into emotional tie-ups with another guy, and even if there is no sex, that, in my book, constitutes unfaithfulness. It probably is a higher form of cheating than the guy who just casually f#&ks around.

• 2 weeks later...