What Work Hours/schedule Is Best For You? And Why?

sanayan lang iyan dude. :) i actually work longer and am more productive if i work at home. of course when you have to attend meetings and sign documents, you have to be physically present, but otherwise you don't have to be in the office. lalo na ngayong common na ang dsl.

i guess binata ka pa. but if you have a family with kids running around the house but can keep yourself productive for the longest hours, make a book to tell us how you do it. it will be a guranteed best seller.

i guess binata ka pa. but if you have a family with kids running around the house but can keep yourself productive for the longest hours, make a book to tell us how you do it. it will be a guranteed best seller.

dukey ... dukey ... dukey ...

first of all is ... how big is your house ? not to demean you in anyway but if you're staying in a 40 sqm flat with a wife and two kids you're asking for the impossible.

the basic minimum is a small room that you can exclusively use and call your own. make sure that this is clear to your wife and kids. then set it up like an office with a desk , chair , bookcase , filing cabinet etc. you should also have all you need ( phone line , pc , fax etc ) should be in easy reach.

but the most important ( and hardest thing to do ) is getting your wife and kids to

1) respect the workspace and to give it a wide berth

2) respect the workhours you set so that they will refrain from bothering you.

i've done it successfully for over seven years. as have many budding entreprenuers and professionals.

now ... that's not as long as a book is it ? :P

dukey ... dukey ... dukey ...

first of all is ... how big is your house ? not to demean you in anyway but if you're staying in a 40 sqm flat with a wife and two kids you're asking for the impossible.

the basic minimum is a small room that you can exclusively use and call your own. make sure that this is clear to your wife and kids. then set it up like an office with a desk , chair , bookcase , filing cabinet etc. you should also have all you need ( phone line , pc , fax etc ) should be in easy reach.

but the most important ( and hardest thing to do ) is getting your wife and kids to

1) respect the workspace and to give it a wide berth

2) respect the workhours you set so that they will refrain from bothering you.

i've done it successfully for over seven years. as have many budding entreprenuers and professionals.

now ... that's not as long as a book is it ? :P

fellatio...fellatio...fellatio...

if you were the same guy who wrote this over my " Do you feel guilty or less of yourselves for having an ES" thread

please click on the link:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sanctimonious

nice pun though ... HARD-ened criminals ... dude that's us ! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

better to be accused of assault with a deadly weapon than to be accused of assault with a dead weapon.

let's see what other crimes i'm guilty of ...breaking and entering ! w00t.gif unauthorized entry ! w00t.gif

please duke ... take me ... arrest me ... send me to jail !

then i guess i know why you can work so easily inside your house without having the trouble of being bothered by your kids or wife. maybe your kids dont come knocking at your door and tell you " papa kalong mo naman ako laro tayo horsie-horsie" or maybe they tell you that but you just tell them to go away? or if you hear your baby cry, i cant just resist the temptation of going out of my office and see whats wrong with my baby. well i guess you live in a mansion with a 100sqm. or more 'office' space for you to hear your baby crying.

the book im referring to applies only to real family-oriented guys who cares more for his family than for his personal needs.

if you can pay for an ES instead of giving it to your kids ( while working hard for that money you earn inside your house with your wife and kids) then the title of your book will be " How to Work at Home for the Guilt-less Dads"

fellatio...fellatio...fellatio...

if you were the same guy who wrote this over my " Do you feel guilty or less of yourselves for having an ES" thread

then i guess i know why you can work so easily inside your house without having the trouble of being bothered by your kids or wife. maybe your kids dont come knocking at your door and tell you " papa kalong mo naman ako laro tayo horsie-horsie" or maybe they tell you that but you just tell them to go away? or if you hear your baby cry, i cant just resist the temptation of going out of my office and see whats wrong with my baby. well i guess you live in a mansion with a 100sqm. or more 'office' space for you to hear your baby crying.

the book im referring to applies only to real family-oriented guys who cares more for his family than for his personal needs.

if you can pay for an ES instead of giving it to your kids ( while working hard for that money you earn inside your house with your wife and kids) then the title of your book will be " How to Work at Home for the Guilt-less Dads"

duke ...

my post in this thread was a serious answer to a fellow who i thought was seriously exploring the possibility of working at home.

re my relationship with my kids ... your insinuations are downright insulting. they are what they are ... assumptions and insinuations by a fellow totally ignorant of what happens inside my house. not unless namboboso ka din sa bahay ng may bahay. ( though with a character like yours i wouldn't put it past you ).

para hindi OT ... i have happily and successfully worked inside my house for the past 10 years. I play with my kids ... during the special time i reserve for them which is after the "office hours" which they know and respect. when i hear my kid crying ... i i drop my work and see what gives.

so what's your beef dude ? kung gusto mong sagutin yung post ko sa kabila e dapat dun ka din sumagot. yung usapan natin sa ibang thread ... wag mong ihalo dito. wala kang sense of propriety pare ...

nakaka abala ka pa sa iba sa walang kalatoy-latoy na OT na post mo.

gentlemen ... a suggestion please ? please settle your differences in the proper forum / thread . mr duke ... for the ask of the others who are not in anyway concerned and interested with your "beef" with mr . flores ... you may want to consider posting any replies to the other thread.

peace ! :)

noted. to the other gentleman ... i shall be awaiting you in the other thread. let's see if you're man enough to repeat your accusations there. :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley:

well first of all i answered the question being asked by the thread then made a suggestion.

before i give credit to the suggestion of fellatio about working at home, paki clarify naman ito :

para hindi OT ... i have happily and successfully worked inside my house for the past 10 years.

and

baka bukas 15 years na? linawin mo parang kwentong barbero lang eh. ill leave it up to here. see you in the other thread.

anyways, i would not advise anyone to work at home especially if you are just starting out. focus is one of the most important aspect to make your business successful or excel in your profession. while the wife and the kids bring you inspiration, you cant help by being distracted once in a while which will accumulate in the long run.

well first of all i answered the question being asked by the thread then made a suggestion.

before i give credit to the suggestion of fellatio about working at home, paki clarify naman ito :

and

baka bukas 15 years na? linawin mo parang kwentong barbero lang eh. ill leave it up to here. see you in the other thread.

anyways, i would not advise anyone to work at home especially if you are just starting out. focus is one of the most important aspect to make your business successful or excel in your profession. while the wife and the kids bring you inspiration, you cant help by being distracted once in a while which will accumulate in the long run.

for many ... the home is the ideal starting point for any business. and many entreprenuers and professionals have done just that.

think of the many advantages : aside from the sizeable savings in terms of rent ... the time savings in terms of the commute alone is pretty significant indeed.

but the hardest thing to manage ( as mentioned earlier ) is making your home-office WORK.

aside from the dedicated space ( most preferably an enclosed air con room ) ... you should have a separate facilities (among the basics are a separate pc , phone , and fax ) distinct from the ones you use for your home. not only are these more convenient but they allow you to separate the office bills from the household bills. for electric bils ( before i had a separate meter installed ) i computed for and used a fixed percentage to determine how much of the bill the "office" had to pay.

another thing is to discipline yourself to follow standard office hours ( being in the service industry ... i keep the same office hours as my clients).

and when you step inside your "office" ... make sure to bring that pang office attitude with you too. on my end , i start off by wearing jeans and sneakers and a collared shirt ALWAYS ... not pambahay and tsinelas.

second ... I manage my time carefully with a list of things to do and clients to call. it's so easy to lose focus when you're a company of 1 and you've got time aplenty on your hand.

third ... your family will have to help you in making your home-office work. as mentioned earlier ... my wife and kids respect my office hours . in turn i also do my share and respect my home hours. if my office hours are from 9-6 ... outside of those ... i'm fair game for my family. but this is not to say that my door is locked and entrance is verboten. they are just considerate enough to know that for me to work and bring in business they would have to keep interruptions to a minimum.

fourth ... thank you duke for calling my attention. i have indeed been working at home for the past ten years. i have been most fortunate in business. after three years in our old house ... i have moved to another home where i have been holding office for the past seven years. mea culpa for the oversight.

with that said ... i am eagerly awaiting you at the other thread along with the rest of the other men who have long missed your presence.

for many ... the home is the ideal starting point for any business. and many entreprenuers and professionals have done just that.

think of the many advantages : aside from the sizeable savings in terms of rent ... the time savings in terms of the commute alone is pretty significant indeed.

but the hardest thing to manage ( as mentioned earlier ) is making your home-office WORK.

aside from the dedicated space ( most preferably an enclosed air con room ) ... you should have a separate facilities (among the basics are a separate pc , phone , and fax ) distinct from the ones you use for your home. not only are these more convenient but they allow you to separate the office bills from the household bills. for electric bils ( before i had a separate meter installed ) i computed for and used a fixed percentage to determine how much of the bill the "office" had to pay.

another thing is to discipline yourself to follow standard office hours ( being in the service industry ... i keep the same office hours as my clients).

and when you step inside your "office" ... make sure to bring that pang office attitude with you too. on my end , i start off by wearing jeans and sneakers and a collared shirt ALWAYS ... not pambahay and tsinelas.

second ... I manage my time carefully with a list of things to do and clients to call. it's so easy to lose focus when you're a company of 1 and you've got time aplenty on your hand.

third ... your family will have to help you in making your home-office work. as mentioned earlier ... my wife and kids respect my office hours . in turn i also do my share and respect my home hours. if my office hours are from 9-6 ... outside of those ... i'm fair game for my family. but this is not to say that my door is locked and entrance is verboten. they are just considerate enough to know that for me to work and bring in business they would have to keep interruptions to a minimum.

fourth ... thank you duke for calling my attention. i have indeed been working at home for the past ten years. i have been most fortunate in business. after three years in our old house ... i have moved to another home where i have been holding office for the past seven years. mea culpa for the oversight.

with that said ... i am eagerly awaiting you at the other thread along with the rest of the other men who have long missed your presence.

thanks fellatio for the great information. actually this kind of advise is what im expecting from those who have succesfully managed to work from home, something for others to emulate.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Leviticus

being the head of a BPO company, we designed a system to allow homebased employees. sa bahay na ang trabaho.

This way we have expanded our reach from baguio all the way to tacloban and cebu, even here in manila. basta may internet connection ok na.

wala traffic, wala na rason makipagsiksikan, lalabas ka lang para grocery and social events.

shift ay 9 hours. lagi on time ang mga empleyado ko. wlang late or absent. dami shifts but I work 10 hours a day flexi to cover all the shifts