ford mustang vs toyota 86

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

price for the brz is 1,928,000 for the top of the line 86 aero variant 1,860,000

With a price difference of less than 100K I'll go for the Subaru.

Back to the topic, given that I have the budget, there is no reason why I won't take the Mustang.

Edited by johnlove

Let me share my 2 cents based on what I have experienced on both cars:

First, IMO, you CAN NOT compare both cars head to head... iba e...

The Mustang has a different following and has nothing to do with JDM culture. The Mustang is designed to be a "GT" or simply is happy to unleash those monster torque on straight line acceleration and will be much a comfort cruiser on long drives. It is a heavy car and compensates the weight penalty to a big displacement engine. Handling will not be its selling point not unless you get the Boss 302 (grey market). Its retro looks pays homage to its heritage. After all, I think it's the original American Muscle Car. In my opinion, this car, has more "character" and can demand the "respect" on our roads because of its intimidating looks even when not driven hard.

The 86 is Toyota's and Subi's entry level sports car. Forget about the interior (nothing really fancy). The exterior look is not as intimidating as a Mustang maybe due to its size. But the size and weight of this car is absolutely perfect for its stock engine. The best thing about the 86 is its handling characteristics. The 86/BRZ unleashes their true potential on twists and turns... perfect for the track despite of its humble power figures. Handling is so precise... it doesn't take an experienced driver to adopt to the car. The car is pretty much driver friendly. In my opinion, the 86 comes in a very enticing proposition: It's cheap and it performs... and it is a good platform for people who love to tune/upgrade their rides. I own one by the way.

So which is the better car? We will get an endless debate on this. But personally, I'd pick the Mustang over the 86... Iba ang dating mo e... hirap i-explain. I'm seeing the 86/BRZ as the next Honda SiR... siya yung magiging benchmark ng JDM tuner boys car... or in this case coupe.

• 3 weeks later...

Dati type ko 86 or brz..pero iba parin mustang.. in a few months time dadami na ang 86, parang SIR..sportscar na pang masa...dito sa pinas part ng binayad mo pag nag sportscar ka yung medyo may konting exclusivity..

Actually..ideretso mo na sa GT500 cobra shelby kung kaya.

Correct, with the 86, in a few months, you are just another auto enthusiast.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...