The Subaru Thread - Do You Drive One? Pros / Cons And Discussions

• 8 months later...

Bakit mahal ang maintenance cost? Anong klase bang maintenance ang kailangan ng STI? Dream car ko din ang STI but I'm willing to settle for a WRX.

Actually I'm not too familiar Sir. siguro any car naman usually first 3 years maintenance free. Pag subaru kasi maganda sa casa mo lang talaga pa maintain. And I think sa parts expensive talaga siya kasi it's not very common compared sa ibang brands. So kahit siguro anong ingat mo one day may kelangan na palitan sa car. Pero minsan mga casa kasi they're into preventive maintenance, kaya they will talk you out to change this and that kahit di pa sira, which will indeed cost you on the short run.

I'd happily settle for a wrx also . Kahit yung impereza na recent generation looker narin. If nanalo lang ako sa lotto or makaipon I'd go for the WRX Sti haha

Hi,

Have a friend with subaru sti ( new model), he have some problem with the bearings after running less than 3500km. According to him, new models are not good compared to the previous models. He also wrote to japan concerning about the issues and at the same time consulted with a friend in US and australia. According to him, same problems was found in US and Australia din. He is very disappointed with the new models of subaru now.

which bearings gave out? Wheel bearings? Main bearings?

• Like (+1) 1

Actually I'm not too familiar Sir. siguro any car naman usually first 3 years maintenance free. Pag subaru kasi maganda sa casa mo lang talaga pa maintain. And I think sa parts expensive talaga siya kasi it's not very common compared sa ibang brands. So kahit siguro anong ingat mo one day may kelangan na palitan sa car. Pero minsan mga casa kasi they're into preventive maintenance, kaya they will talk you out to change this and that kahit di pa sira, which will indeed cost you on the short run.

I'd happily settle for a wrx also . Kahit yung impereza na recent generation looker narin. If nanalo lang ako sa lotto or makaipon I'd go for the WRX Sti haha

Every part on a car has a life span, this is based on the mileage you are running the car, casa recommends you to change a particular part at about 80% of the said part’s lifetime. You could always opt out, but keep in mind that if that breaks down in the middle of the road, the car could stall on you or worse be the cause of an accident, ako I always err out on caution that’s why if a certain part needs to be replaced even if it’s not yet broken I have it changed, intact I also change my fluids and oils way before it is due.

• Like (+1) 1

Every part on a car has a life span, this is based on the mileage you are running the car, casa recommends you to change a particular part at about 80% of the said part’s lifetime. You could always opt out, but keep in mind that if that breaks down in the middle of the road, the car could stall on you or worse be the cause of an accident, ako I always err out on caution that’s why if a certain part needs to be replaced even if it’s not yet broken I have it changed, intact I also change my fluids and oils way before it is due.

Well said Sir. Kaya minsan makinig nalang sa recommendation ng casa. In the long run kai may wear and tear rin na di naman natin napapansin minsan. Kaya kelangan may pang gastos ka rin if you own a Subaru. Not saying it’s a luxury brand but also not everyone can own a Subaru haha.

Well said Sir. Kaya minsan makinig nalang sa recommendation ng casa. In the long run kai may wear and tear rin na di naman natin napapansin minsan. Kaya kelangan may pang gastos ka rin if you own a Subaru. Not saying it’s a luxury brand but also not everyone can own a Subaru haha.

What kind of expenses would I expect if I own a subaru aside from the basic maintenance stuff? From i've been reading here, It seems it's more costly to own a subaru as compared to honda.

Di yan nagkakalayo kung parehong casa ka papa ayos. Ang tingin kong magiging mas mahal ang subaru than other japanese brands is pag sa labas ka nagpagawa vs lets say toyota or honda.

Sabi nila pag ang isang modelo ng sasakyan maraming bumili, ibig sabihin madami pyesa, ibig sabihin mura parts yun sa banawe. Innova, fortuner, altis and the like.

Tama yung sabi ni sir paul walking. sa casa kahit anong brand usually mahal talaga. Pinaka common kasi satin ang Toyota.. then kung usapang Honda at Subaru naman, mas maraming Honda users parin so it forces many shops to carry Toyota and Honda kesa Subaru.

Lalo na pag dating sa autoparts, pag medyo exclusive yung pyesa mo, on the point of view of the seller syempre he can charge it relatively high. lalo na kung sya lang nag cacarry ng ganung pyesa. Sa subaru I think may nabasa ako before sa Motor Image Singapore pa galing mga pyesa, kaya yun may pagka pricey talaga.

• 2 weeks later...

What kind of expenses would I expect if I own a subaru aside from the basic maintenance stuff? From i've been reading here, It seems it's more costly to own a subaru as compared to honda.

Yup, it might be cheaper to buy a Honda.

But the main purpose of buying a Subaru is because you don't want to get stuck on your way home.

Tama yung sabi ni sir paul walking. sa casa kahit anong brand usually mahal talaga. Pinaka common kasi satin ang Toyota.. then kung usapang Honda at Subaru naman, mas maraming Honda users parin so it forces many shops to carry Toyota and Honda kesa Subaru.

Lalo na pag dating sa autoparts, pag medyo exclusive yung pyesa mo, on the point of view of the seller syempre he can charge it relatively high. lalo na kung sya lang nag cacarry ng ganung pyesa. Sa subaru I think may nabasa ako before sa Motor Image Singapore pa galing mga pyesa, kaya yun may pagka pricey talaga.

Afaik, you can only buy Honda parts from the casa. So if Honda Philippines decided to not to carry parts for a particular model, you can buy Honda parts from Banawe or other auto parts shop.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a Subaru owner and in the automotive engineering field.

My Forested bought in 2010 has never broke down. It has travelled east coast, West coast, and up and down the snowy mountains of Colorado and Santa Fe NM.

It is an over engineered vehicle BUT like what was said here. Maintenance is key to avoid costly repairs and getting stranded on the road.

I do my own oil and filter change every 5000 miles and use full synthetic. It is at least 40% cheaper than having it done by dealership or casa. I check and top off all fluids at every oil change.

I drain, filter and add fresh coolant once every 18months.

I replace the transmission fluid at 30000 intervals.

If I will buy a car for my kid when he goes to college, It will be the Crosstek

Edited by Unwritten
  • Like (+1) 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...