Writings of the Heart

Gracefully Broken.

I was in Daiso last night, and there was a lady and two kids behind me in the LONG line. One was a big kid, and the other one was a toddler. The bigger one had a pack of glow sticks, and the toddler was screaming for them. The mom opened the pack and gave him one which stopped his tears. He walked around with it smiling, but then the bigger boy took it, and the toddler started screaming again. Just as the Mom was about to fuss, the older child bent the glow stick and handed it back to the toddler. As we walked outside at the same time, the toddler noticed that the stick was now glowing; and his brother said, "I had to break it so that you could get the full effect from it."

I almost ran because l could hear God saying to me, "I had to break you to show you why I created you. You had to go through it so you could fulfill your purpose."

That precious child was happy just swinging that "unbroken" glow stick around in the air, because he didn't understand what it was created to do - which was "to glow."

There are some people who will be content just "being," but some of us that God has chosen... we have to be "broken."

We have to get sick.

We have to lose a job.

We go through a bad breakup.

We go through a divorce.

We have to bury our partner, sister, parents, best friend, or our best friend cats/dogs!

In those moments of desperation, God is breaking us. But... when the breaking is done, then we will be able to see the reason for which we were created. So when you see us glowing, just know that we have been broken but healed by His Grace and Mercy!!!

There was a mold used to create you...and it is your job to "break" that mold to realize how much more special you are than what you have started from...just like bread or cookies...same ingredients same mold but after the fire of baking...all are unique (in small or large measure) delicious creations that hopefully live up to their purpose.

Another truly Filipino gem of an old teaching is the thought of strength...we Filipinos were not built like the Narra or Molave...me are a nation of Bamboos...we will bend but not break and individually there is strength and resilience but together there is beauty and tenacity that can stand hardships..we may burn down and be left for dead but like grass we will find a way to keep living in the most unlikely of circumstance...we hold the ground where the mighty trees think they hold the earth for when we go they too erode away...

Dear "HEART",

Heto na naman tayo,,, napagusapan na natin ito dati na hanggang kaibigan lang natin sya. Pero mukhang nagiiba na naman ang tibok mo kapag kasama natin sya. Hinahanap hanap mo na naman kapag wala sya. Dahil ba sa mahigit isang taon na natin syang kasama o dahil ba sa sobrang bait at maalaga nya? Ikaw talaga naghahanap ka na naman ng sakit sa ulo. Gusto mo bang mawala na naman sya sa atin.

Paki tapik mo nga BRAIN itong si HEART para mataohan. Mukhang nakakalimot na naman.

"KONSENSYA"

2020 has just ended I just want to tell you how much you made my life better in arguably the most challenging year of my life. From my work problems in February and throughout the span of the lockdown from March to June, you were in my company when others aren't. It's funny how we can have some of our most meaningful relationships in the most unlikely of places.

As with all things in life, I am not sure how long this will last but certainly our time last year was something I would remember dearly in my lifetime. I have always cherished people who stay with me during my dark times the most.

You always tell me "sana hindi ka magbago at lagi ka pa rin mabait sa akin". I actually tear up a bit when I hear that because that's what my ex also said in my last relationship yet we parted ways. Kaya a part of me have already resigned to the fact that people just pass through in our lives but in any case, as long as we are hear I promise to cherish every minute of it.

Edited by kannon

There's a point in our life that we need our top decision even though it hurts.

I can't control people on how they will treat me and on how they will say about me, despite of the care, love and effort I did for them. I respect them and I can't judge them because its their own point of view and nobody's perfect. But I can control on how to react with them. I just need to choose whether I STAY or WALKAWAY.

For ME I rather,

STAY for those people who really cares for me and wants nothing but the best of me without MOTIVES.

STAY for those people that appreciate me not because I have something to offer but because they accept me as a real friend or just simple individual even if I have nothing to give.

STAY for those people that also stay and understand my craziness and weaknesses.

And;

WALKWAY from people who always wants an argument even though there's no basis which is not healthy anymore.

WALKAWAY from people who put me down and doesn't see my worth, care and love.

WALKAWAY from people who treats me as an option and used me for there own personal motives.

WALKAWAY from people who want me to make them priority but won't do the same for me.

If I decided to;

WALKAWAY, it not just like I'm giving up or I shouldn't try. And they know me that I tried and tried. But I just need to draw a line in between having a HEALTHY and HAPPY life or NOT. Coz being a HUMAN I also get TIRED specially if it is to much.

Above all;

I have no regret and I'm very thankful that even once they were became part of my life.

Edited by MilkyWeigh
  • 4 months later...

when you truly love someone, you will keep them safe. even from yourself.

you have to be courageous to walk away. even if each step is agony.

"Sometimes, to do what's right, we have to be steady and give up the things we want the most.

Even our dreams." -Peter Parker

• Like (+1) 1
  • 2 months later...