Bali, Indonesia

Hello. Would like to ask for your inputs on this one.

This year's getaway for me and hubby will be in Bali, Indonesia. We'd be spending a week there middle of this year so I still have ample time to prepare.

Where would be the best place to spend that week? I'm thinking of 2 days in Ubud, then the beachside. Which is better? The Nusa Dua area, Seminyak, or Kuta? Yung malapit sa airport would be preferred since we have an early flight on our last day.

From what I've researched, our beaches are far better, so what would be the best thing to do aside from having sex there?

I'm also at a loss regarding nice hotels/villas to stay in. I don't wanna splurge on a Viceroy/Amandala stay naman.

Since I'm crossing out one from my bucket list, I want it to be relaxed and romantic. Not too luxurious, but not too limited either.

Any input would help, especially from those who have experienced the Land of the Gods. :)

Thanks in advance!

nung pumunta ako dyan october...

i really find boracay to be so much better than Kuta beach.

Babi Guling is their must have dish (their version of litson) . Chandra's ata ang resto na sikat.. seryoso lang, masmasarap pa ang lechon natin rin.

i stayed at Hotel Mercure. yun yung accor hotel nila (Sofitel) . airport nila should not take more than 30 minutes to get to.

hotel was good, breakfast was good din for me.

edit: malakas sa bali ay yung mga spa resorts nila (uh... malinis mga to as far as i know)

Edited by JohnnyStevens

The villas are kinda expensive. Hubby is willing to spend if super OK naman pero kuripot ako. Did you book the room there or you have made reservations like with Agoda? I'm torn between Nusa Dua and Seminyak. Medyo matao na daw kasi sa Kuta. Kung all inclusive, The Grand Bali tsaka Melia lang na ang meron? Or not wise mag all inclusive kasi we might miss out on the local food?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

To all my pinoy friends....I would like to offer a package to Bali for 3Days2nights include transfer arpt - hotel - arpt, 2 nights accommodation in Kuta area, breakfast, 1 day tour with vehicle (with AC), fuel. Price USD100/person (minimum booking 2 person)..salamat po!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Make sure to try the barbecued ribs at Naughty Nuri's Warung. They're DELICIOUS!!

I also got to go to this huge dampa place (forgot the name) along the beach for seafood dinner by the shore.

On a side note, if for swimming, know that our beaches are better than theirs. I'd put more emphasis on the meditative experiences like visiting the temples and tasting their food.

• 2 weeks later...

Bali was my first trip abroad. would love to go back there. I think there is so much to experience in Bali that I havent done yet. All i did there was visit a lot of temples and huge statues. I did not try the beach, much regret, because my hotel was besides the beach.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...