ok yung place kaso lang nga very rough road. dont recommend going there on a non 4x4 vehicle

IMO, i myself that live in this place prefer the rough road kasi mas kukunti pupunta bisita kung alam o ayaw nila ng rough road. I couldnt prevent though the slow development of the road to be concreted. And by the time that the road is done and made accessible easily to any types of vehicles, the worst would come to the place. It will soon be compared to Baguio- pollution, garbage and all types of developments will soon settled. Ngayun nga lang medyo napupuno na ng basura. :cool:

nyay! kelan ka pa dyan?

I was there April 8- 12.

IMO, i myself that live in this place prefer the rough road kasi mas kukunti pupunta bisita kung alam o ayaw nila ng rough road. I couldnt prevent though the slow development of the road to be concreted. And by the time that the road is done and made accessible easily to any types of vehicles, the worst would come to the place. It will soon be compared to Baguio- pollution, garbage and all types of developments will soon settled. Ngayun nga lang medyo napupuno na ng basura. :cool:

i agree sir. mas ok na ang rough road para hindi masyado ma-exploit ang mga tourist spots...

• 5 months later...
The falls are not to be missed. I was in SAGADA long time ago I'd say 5 years back. The place is magical.

the only place i know where you can score hashhish. and i mean good hashhish

this is a great place, much better than Baguio (crowded and dami na pick pockets etc)..we were here w friends (10 persons kmi)..we trekk the mountains to see the big falls, trekk and trekk and trekk and trekk...we saw the hanging coffins, the echo valley and the best was the caving (must try!). If you don't do the caving its like u have not been to Sagada...Super lamig dito, triple ng lamig sa bagyo kaya sa mga pupunta be sure to bring jackets..

Sa mga gusto pumunta dito, here are sum SUGGESTIONS:

1) It is best to go to Sagada in a group or barkada. And bcoz the activities are somewhat strenous, better not bring kids or our elders bcoz they may not appreciate the place coz they cant do the activities.

2) if you are a group better yet RENT A VAN , ung kabisado lugar. Its a 12-14hours trip ( i mean heart pounding trip..hehehe)..There are two routes to choose, be it from Baguio or Banaue. But i suggest you just take the Baguio route, Banaue is more dangeous than Baguio.

3) I suggest this rent a car, try and tested and much more you are safe. ICR transport, one of the owner is Mr. Ramon, hir is his number 0920-266-58-78. He frequents Sagada oftentimes so his very familiar with the roads and Sagada itself. Rate is just reasonabale considering CONVENIENCE and SAFETY. Rate is fix at 6k a day, unlike other rent a car that charges per hour in excess of 10 hours.

4) But you can take the bus too, from Baguio you can take Dangwa bus going to Sagada but braised urself coz it will be a rough ride..hehehe...

5) If you have rented a van or if you the guts to drive ur 4x4 it is best to bring portable cooking range, bring lots of foods coz the market there has very LIMITED food products to offer. You can bring marinated meats for grilling and/or bring lots of can goods..and ei, bring the best spirits ( i tell u , u nid to drink to withstand coldness)

6) We have tried St Joseph hotel, it has a garden in which u can set a bonfire and make some BBQ there (its the best place to stay among others). But never dine or eat on this place coz its so expensive and food arent good. Beers cost P 40/bottle

7) A big room with four beds, 2 storey, with heater and kitchen cost P 3,500/day. It can accomodate even 12 persons.

8) there is no telephone, tv, radio signals here. But globe and Smart has strong signal from this place.

9) For your activities,try this activities in ORDER:

9.1 Leave Manila by 7 or 8pm

9.2 U'll arrived in Sagada maybe the most is 9am

9.3 Register at the Municipal Hall (this is a MUST) P 10/person

9.4 Hire a guide from the Municipal hall (P400/guide/day)...cheaper than if ul get it from the hotel

9.5 Explain ur activities to the tourist guide so you can have an orderly activities

9.6 Check in / Eat / Rest ( ul need alot of energy for your first activity and so on)

9.7 Trekk to the Big falls (Bomod Ok)..this is surely a worth seeing falls

9.8 Your 1/2 day will be consumed to this lone activity for the day

9.10 Bonfire/BBQ at the garden of St. Joseph

9.11 Day 2- Schedule visiting the Echo Valley, Hanging Cofffins and then proceed to Sumaguing cave, going through the Sumaguing cave is the best activity that Sagada can offer. That is why after you have done so, you'll really feel like you are a SURVIVOR of a very CHALLENGING activity...I wont elaborate what is to expect inside the cave, it truly amazing and worth the efforts. Just wear lite, like tsinelas, jogging pants(satin), water proof camera and small bag to carry the camera (maybe belt bag). Drink alot b4 going inside the cave coz its not advisable to bring bottle wid you (reason is obvious).

9.12 After caving you can visit the Kilteppan Rice terrances (15 mins from the cave)

9.13 Drop at Sagada Weaving, Souvenir shops, Eat at yogourt haus(sarap dito)

9.14 the rest of activities depends on the period of time ul gonna stay in this place.

9.15 Oooops they have curfew starting from 10pm....and hey, ul be amaze with people in this mountain bcoz most of them will speak to you in STRAIGHT ENGLISH...

tilll then.......I luv this place, i think i prefer going to this place compared in Baguio

gustung gusto ko yan! sana makapunta ako with my family dyan! pero mukhang lugi ang 2 persons kung pupunta dyan ah? :thumbsupsmiley:

lugi bro pag 2 lang kayo bro, tsaka di masaya...grupo mas ok, mas malakas loob and tipid s transpo and cottage..ds s my suggestion:

1) Hire a van (u can try our contact, ICR transport, owner s Mr. Ramon at 0920-266-58-78..Kabisado n nila daan duon, remember risky ung roads going there)..Also its convenient too..per day is 6k

2) Cottage at St Joseph is 1.5k per day for 5 person or rent d big cottage pwede hanggang 12-15 persons 3.5k per person

3) bring lots of food to cook (marinated meats for BBQ),

4) Wear lite clothes during caving, no nid to wear shoes anyway mag pa-paa lang kayo duon sa loob, but i tell d best ang experience dito...

5) bring 2 jackets, triple ang lamig compared s baguio

6) dont forget d camera....

6) take baguio route not Banaue..risky Banaue dami landslide.

• 2 weeks later...

Had an ex-gf from Banga-an, Sagada. Around 2001-2002 every sweldo ummakyat ako dito. Alis ako Manila bandang 1am tapos sakay ako ng Lizardo 7am trip. on or before 1pm nasa Sagada proper na ako. Hindi ko pa na-experience na tumuloy sa St. Joseph's kasi nga libre naman ang titirhan ko...Just need to take a 15 minute Jeepney ride.

yes... yes... tama. sagada... peaceful, tahimik, walang signal (meron na ba ang globe?), walang fasfood... sarap! kaso ayos na yata ang kalsada 'no? badtrip, sobrang accessible na yata eh....

:lol: Globe? Yup... Meron... Pero funny lang kasi may van sila where the antenna (that looks like a sat. dish... 'sensya na po, 'di ako techy... Wehehehe!) is placed... Tapos tinatanggal yon at night kasi baka nakawin... So, pag tinanghali ng gising at pag maaga matulog yung bantay (who's the one in-charge sa pagkabit at pagtanggal nung dish para itago), walang signal yung Globe. Hahaha! Hopefully, nagbago na yung sistema... I was narrating po this scenario na na-witness ko at na-experience in 2005 when I went there. ;)

sagada so beautiful malau ba ang baguio sa sagada?? san na terminal lizardo???

baguio-sagada is around 5hrs.... i'm not sure kung saan, sa magsaysay blvd yata... sabihin mo nlang sa taxi na sa terminal papuntang sagada...

another option is manila-banaue(7-8hrs), banaue-bontoc (mga 1.5-2hr trip... ang ganda ng view. panalo. exhilarating!!!), tapos bontoc-banaue (45mins)...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am planning to go to Sagada on Dec 25 to Dec 27. I will driving there. I hope to take the Banaue route because I want to visit banaue too.

My route is Manila - Banaue - Sagada - Baguio - Manila.

I heard about the orange plantation in sagada. Hope to visit it. Is it worth visiting the orange plantation and is it very far from the town of sagada

thanks

been to this beautiful place in 1993. it was an exciting drive from Baguio City, rough road all the way. most exciting one was driving through a wooden bridge na wala man lang harang sa gilid, one mistake and you die. well i lived to share my magical experience. my masfere shirt is still alive; the man is partly responsible for making sagada famous.

might go back there again in the future with my kids but from what i heard it changed a lot.

• 3 weeks later...