K&n Air Filter - Claim To Add Hp

• 1 month later...

replacing the stock intake would be a great help for lesser restrictors.. but for a natural aspired engine, maliit lang dagdag niyan sa hp, unnoticeable, but unless you're going for forced induction or do some mods in your engine.. or kung pangit ang stock intake mo, tps malakas na stock engine mo, talagang mapapansin mo..

i have a K&N drop-in filter before

yes it increases air intake but you still

have to go I-H-E (as to what sir noypi

said).

also if you want to avoid bolt-on turbo

and enjoy the N.A. power, there is

always a supercharger available for

your ride.

my 2cents po from a newbie :D

maybe for a carburated engine, very slight ang difference when you install an aftermarket air filter. but for an injected engine, there is at least a 5% increase in power. i am referring to the conical type and not the drop-in ones. check out the dyno stats at www.speedlab.com.ph. they did some testing on cars they installed conical filters to. i myself have installed a k&n conical filter on my 1998 corolla auto tranny. being an automatic, makupad siya specially when you try to overtake sa highway. having installed the filter, medyo nag-improve ang response. a drawback with installing this is the hissing noise it creates when idling. also, when accelerating medyo maingay din ito. but to each his own naman. some people are annoyed by it while some love the noise.

there are a lot of other bolt on aftermarket products available. but i still believe installing this air filter is one of the cheapest if not the cheapest you could do for a small increase in power (specially if you buy the simota -600php lang sa concorde sa greenhills at megamall).

question lang, any suggestions on where i could have a nice and reasonable exhaust manifold (headers) custom made for my 4afe? mahal yung mga binebentang ready made na may pangalan eh.

• 1 month later...

I had a drop-in placed in my Honda Civic. I noticed a slightly better acceleration when I floor it, though I also noticed that the fuel consumption went up a bit. SRI's may be better when it comes to acceleration, but the only problem is that when your engine compartment gets really hot, the engine also sucks in hot air, negating the advantage of a different fuel air mixture. Thats the reason why, other modifications, such as installation of a turbo intercooler will really make a big difference in HP gain.

• 1 month later...

adding the filter per se does not increase the HP of your engine, but;

with this, you get better intake of air to your car thus improving acceleration and performance.

but in using this and maximizing it, you really have to have it clean it monthly, your friendly vulcanizing shop can help you with this (via their air pump)..., or you can buy the sprays in car shops and do it yourself.

yep no-no ang compressed air, check the manual..

i also have a K&N filter installed, and IMHO, it didn't improve much, in fact, it just sounded fast..

i normally clean mine every 3 months since sobrang dumi narin yugn filter at that rate..

A k&n air filter or the like would yield you about 5% increase in HP. Wag ka muna magpalit ng K&N ngayong tag ulan. Mahirap na at hindi mo alam na dumadaan ka sa water puddles at pumasok ang water sa filter mo.

A Better breathing car would give you more power and better mileage.

• 2 weeks later...