• 2 weeks later...

I'm an ex-insurance insider, my honest piece of advice, buy term life insurance and invest in separate mutual fund.. the hidden charges and costs of VUL and other traditional insurance products will eat your money without you even knowing it.. Insurance agents get around 20% to 50% of your premium, not including the bonuses and free trips locally and abroad :)

• 1 year later...

meron po bang familiar sa cocolife?

pag pumasok ka sa entrance ng mall malaki ang chance na kakausapin ka ng mga taga Cocolife na hihingi ng info mo para sa raffle. mabilis ang sales talk, hindi ko makita yung punto ng gusto nilang ipush sa akin kaya sinasabi ko na lang na wala akong trabaho. pero tama yung isang sumagot legit naman sila, di ko lang trip ang marketing strategy. they have an office along Ayala Ave. so I think established naman sila. dark ages lang siguro sila ngayon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

My brother passed away late last year. I asked for an update regarding his death claim from his insurance provider. We've submitted all requirements last January. Reply sakin eh until now under evaluation pa rin and usually it takes 6 months up to a year. Ganun talaga katagal death claim?

My brother passed away late last year. I asked for an update regarding his death claim from his insurance provider. We've submitted all requirements last January. Reply sakin eh until now under evaluation pa rin and usually it takes 6 months up to a year. Ganun talaga katagal death claim?

It could be. Kaya ayoko insurance plans. I'd rather tell everyone to invest in stocks and name beneficiaries in case of death. Mabilis transfer.

Insurance companies just use OPM (other people's money) and invest in stocks to earn off from it around 30% of the profits. The 70% is what usually the policy holder's beneficiaries get.

It could be. Kaya ayoko insurance plans. I'd rather tell everyone to invest in stocks and name beneficiaries in case of death. Mabilis transfer.

Insurance companies just use OPM (other people's money) and invest in stocks to earn off from it around 30% of the profits. The 70% is what usually the policy holder's beneficiaries get.

Ohh saklap pala. Kala ko pa naman isa sa purpose ng insurance eh para hindi mahirapan financially yung maiiwan family. Pahirap pala yung paghihintay :(

Manulife. January namin nacomplete requirements, nagfollow up ako this week, and yun nga sabi under evaluation pa rin.

Document mo calls like who you talked to, what department, day and time, and get their detailed adjudication process flow with expected number of day per step in the process. From the process, you can then ask where they are now in the evaluation steps, and get the name assigned doing the evalustion. Make sure you are calling the company line not just a broker kasi baka nagpapanggap lang yan, wag naman sana.

Pag wala pa rin nangyayari at ayaw magbigay ng detalye call their HR and ask for the manager of that person. Baka natapat ka lang sa tamad, beginner, or mabagal na worker.

Document mo calls like who you talked to, what department, day and time, and get their detailed adjudication process flow with expected number of day per step in the process. From the process, you can then ask where they are now in the evaluation steps, and get the name assigned doing the evalustion. Make sure you are calling the company line not just a broker kasi baka nagpapanggap lang yan, wag naman sana.

Pag wala pa rin nangyayari at ayaw magbigay ng detalye call their HR and ask for the manager of that person. Baka natapat ka lang sa tamad, beginner, or mabagal na worker.

Email lahat ng convo namin so andun yung buong thread. And yung email eh directly sa customer care ng Manulife.

what kind of insurance kinuha ng brother mo? and what cause of death?

dapat mabilis lang yan.. in 1 week pde ng makuha ung claim. kase insurance , lalo manulife top5 sila

Life insurance. Pneumonia cause of death. Eto yung exact reply nila sa email.

"Policy is contestable meaning it will undergo several process as we have contestability period of 2 years from the time policy has been issued.
This usually takes 6 months up to a year since it is subject for approval and routine investigation."
  • Like (+1) 1

Email lahat ng convo namin so andun yung buong thread. And yung email eh directly sa customer care ng Manulife.

Life insurance. Pneumonia cause of death. Eto yung exact reply nila sa email.

"Policy is contestable meaning it will undergo several process as we have contestability period of 2 years from the time policy has been issued.
This usually takes 6 months up to a year since it is subject for approval and routine investigation."

Sorry to hear that bro. If that is the common practice in the industry, might as well avoid it na lang pala. Kaya ka nga kumuha in the first place para may peace of mind ka para sa mga maiiwan mo, tapos ang ending dadaan din pala sa butas ng karayom bago mo mapakinabangan ang pinaghirapan mo.

BTW, is this traditional insurance or VUL?

Sorry to hear that bro. If that is the common practice in the industry, might as well avoid it na lang pala. Kaya ka nga kumuha in the first place para may peace of mind ka para sa mga maiiwan mo, tapos ang ending dadaan din pala sa butas ng karayom bago mo mapakinabangan ang pinaghirapan mo.

BTW, is this traditional insurance or VUL?

Not too sure, nasubmit ko na sa kanila yung policy. Pero sa receipt nakalagay UL.

• Like (+1) 1