396 replies to this topic

#381 keyholder

keyholder

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 07:39 PM

Aspiring law student here. Any school that you can suggest na hindi holdap sa bank account?

I've been successful in the IT industry pero siguro I'm searching for more thrill(?) that, I think, law can provide. Aside from the fact that I wanted (and still want to be) a prosecutor someday. I tried for UP LAE, and logical exams were a breeze, pero dinugo ako sa vocabulary. >.<

#382 coffeelover301984pp

coffeelover301984pp

Devirginized

• (04) Casual
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 03:04 PM

Hello! Law student here. Kamusta?

#383 coffeelover301984pp

coffeelover301984pp

Devirginized

• (04) Casual
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:46 AM

wala masyado tao dito

#384 wistfuldamsell

wistfuldamsell

Tease

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:27 AM

Hello. May i ask for a guidance from the lawyers here?

How do you apply sa lawschool?

I tried calling feu hoping na makahabol for this years enrollment. However i was told that i had to get a permit from legal department ng SC before they can give me a slot for an interview.

Is that the normal process to get into law school?

Thank you in advance sa mga sasagot!

#385 Roubaix

Roubaix

Libertine

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:27 PM

Hello. May i ask for a guidance from the lawyers here?

How do you apply sa lawschool?

I tried calling feu hoping na makahabol for this years enrollment. However i was told that i had to get a permit from legal department ng SC before they can give me a slot for an interview.

Is that the normal process to get into law school?

Thank you in advance sa mga sasagot!

The most important requirement is an official transcript of records showing your college degree. Any degree. Then each law school has their own particular set of requirements. 

Right now, there is the PHILSAT. Its like the NMAT but for law schools. There is one next March or April for the school year 2018-2019. Best to take that first before applying. 

I don't know where the permit of the SC comes from. Maybe that to take the BAR exam. 

#386 wistfuldamsell

wistfuldamsell

Tease

• (05) Regular
  • 682 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:46 PM

Noted on this sir.

Thanks for the response.

The most important requirement is an official transcript of records showing your college degree. Any degree. Then each law school has their own particular set of requirements. 

Right now, there is the PHILSAT. Its like the NMAT but for law schools. There is one next March or April for the school year 2018-2019. Best to take that first before applying. 

I don't know where the permit of the SC comes from. Maybe that to take the BAR exam.

#387 pyke

pyke

Devirginized

• (04) Casual
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 02:22 PM

Noted on this sir.

Thanks for the response.

But if you can't wait for another year for the PHILSAT, you can enroll provided you sign a waiver that you will take the next PHILSAT and if you fail, then you will have to drop out. That's what my former college students who enrolled without the told me. So better take it muna before enrolling para sure. 

#388 Ysab3LLa

Ysab3LLa

Voyeur

• (02) Sinless
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Good conversations over coffee
    A good book to read

Posted 01 October 2017 - 02:27 PM

I just entered law school last year and when I was checking on the requirements for admission, I've never seen any school requiring a permit from SC. this is the first time I've heard about a school requiring a permit from SC.

They are requiring those would be enrolling this coming school year to take the LSAT but I guess aside from your transcript of records/ GPA, you really need to ace your written exam and the panel interview (if your chosen school has one).

#389 pyke

pyke

Devirginized

• (04) Casual
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 02:27 PM

For the accused Your Honor, respectfully entering my appearance as counsel....We are ready for the Arraignment preferably in Filipino...

#390 pyke

pyke

Devirginized

• (04) Casual
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 02:29 PM

I just entered law school last year and when I was checking on the requirements for admission, I've never seen any school requiring a permit from SC. this is the first time I've heard about a school requiring a permit from SC.

They are requiring those would be enrolling this coming school year to take the LSAT but I guess aside from your transcript of records/ GPA, you really need to ace your written exam and the panel interview (if your chosen school has one).

Maybe the one she's referring to is the result of the PHILSAT....

#391 Freddie C.

Freddie C.

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 02:59 PM

Law (Low) School of St Andrew Field  - Mababang Paaralan ng San Andres Bukid 

heheheheheheehe

#392 wistfuldamsell

wistfuldamsell

Tease

• (05) Regular
  • 682 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 06:30 PM

thanks for the advise sir, though i already decided to postpone my plan. i appreciate your response. thanks.

But if you can't wait for another year for the PHILSAT, you can enroll provided you sign a waiver that you will take the next PHILSAT and if you fail, then you will have to drop out. That's what my former college students who enrolled without the told me. So better take it muna before enrolling para sure. 

#393 wistfuldamsell

wistfuldamsell

Tease

• (05) Regular
  • 682 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 06:35 PM

yup. i found out that taking the philsat is now a requirement before you apply for law school.

thanks for answering though. i appreciate your response. best of luck on your law school journey.

Edited by wistfuldamsell, 01 October 2017 - 06:35 PM.

#394 Freddie C.

Freddie C.

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 05:16 AM

masyado na madami abogado sa PH. kaya ang ingay ng paligid

#395 Tanya2217

Tanya2217

Hottie

• (11) Wyld
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 07:12 PM

...possible kaya ma change surname ng bata
hndi married amg parents, pero naka apelyido s father, pwd kya un palitan s surname ng mother,

#396 Janja

Janja

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Interests:We are a happy couple looking for an open minded female to be our third wheel of fun.

Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:31 PM

Hi any lawyers here that can assists me in an annulment case

#397 Evilbrain

Evilbrain

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:16 PM

...possible kaya ma change surname ng bata
hndi married amg parents, pero naka apelyido s father, pwd kya un palitan s surname ng mother,

To seek for the change of the entry of a child’s surname as appearing in his birth certificate,  parent has the right to institute the same. Such discretion is left to the child alone. To reiterate, it is the child’s decision that will be taken into consideration not that of his parents. This is in line with the ruling of the Supreme Court in the case of Grande vs. Antonio (G.R. No. 206248, February 18, 2014), which states:

“x x x Art. 176 gives illegitimate children the right to decide if they want to use the surname of their father or not. It is not the father (herein respondent) or the mother (herein petitioner) who is granted by law the right to dictate the surname of their illegitimate children.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users