Your First Million - Inspirational Stories

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It took a while to earn my 1st million pesos. I had to work about 3 yrs of savings and putting money aside to earn my first million pesos. After that i branched out in retirement funds and opening a mutual fund account online. I also bought my first condo and now I its being rented. Bottomline if you made your first million pesos after that you are driven to make more money and focus on trying to better yourself. Huwag masyadong gumastos and barkada and stick with the plan. I put 20 percent of my salary bago ko budgetin yung pera ko. That's how I got my first million pesos.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Invest in bitcoin. Way way back mga 4 yrs ago ata ang 1 btc to peso is only P3000 or less. Now nasa P323,000 na. Simply as convert your peso to bitcoin then wait. Kung meron ka 4 btc millionaire kana. Pede nmn pa unti unti. As what they say.... Buy low, sell high.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is a bit unbelievable (I was really surprised). Some of you may know that I used to post about crypto often and then suddenly I just stopped saying anything about it. I invested in Davor during the ICO phase 2 months ago and was able to get at .80 per coin. And as of today... well its 100$ per coin. Still a bit shocked but there's my first million story.

P.S. Still havent withdrawn so I'm still freaking out. Might withdraw half of my coins when it hits $150

• Like (+1) 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Matagal pa ako dyan. Pag retired siguro but even then me tax pa rin so siguro pag 68 years old na LOL.

This is a bit unbelievable (I was really surprised). Some of you may know that I used to post about crypto often and then suddenly I just stopped saying anything about it. I invested in Davor during the ICO phase 2 months ago and was able to get at .80 per coin. And as of today... well its 100$ per coin. Still a bit shocked but there's my first million story.

P.S. Still havent withdrawn so I'm still freaking out. Might withdraw half of my coins when it hits $150

Congrats bro! Ano ba yang Davor?

Congrats bro! Ano ba yang Davor?

• 6 months later...

Pwede ba net worth?

I'm a believer that anything outside of retirement savings and college savings for the kids, the cash should be spent. First towards house payment, second towards enjoying life! :):)

Net worth factors in house value along with savings.

Mine would be:

Cash: 200K

House: 310K - 70K debt = 240K

Total: 440K

• 5 weeks later...

Like most people here, I earned my first million within 3 years of working.

Ang masasabi ko lang, from my experience you earn your first million through hard work and sheer frugality.

While my batchmates went abroad twice a year (even to countries like Australia), bought iPhones, nice shoes and nice clothes, I mostly ate at home and stuck to a few affordable clothes. My watch was a plastic casio watch and I bought shoes in Marikina. Lahat ng binili kong gadgets, entry level, and I never really bought things that I didn't need.

Not that I didn't want it. I wanted a lot of things but I always chose not to buy them because I never felt like I deserved big luxuries when my "for-emergency" necessities aren't still covered. My parents run a small business hence I felt guilty spending 100K for a week's trip while they toil so hard for a few thousands to pay for our bills. Sila mismo di gumagastos for their own luxuries. Always thought I had to share their burden.

Oo mahirap kasi you miss out on a lot of experiences na nararanasan ng batchmates mo. And yes you miss out on some social events but once you hit your first million marrealize mo na lahat ng pagttrabaho at pagtitipid mo ay worth it.

Hindi siya sapat para makabili ka ng bahay or Mercedes pero masarap matulog ng alam mo na kung may anong mangyari sayo o sa pamilya mo, kahit papaano may reasonable savings ka na sasalo sayo.

To each his/her own, pero para sakin hinding hindi ko maeenjoy ang mahal na US/EU trip knowing na kung magkasakit ako or nanay ko hindi ko alam saan ako kukuha ng pera.

• Like (+1) 2

grabe may debt ako na 100k+ sa creidt card ko na overdue na

tapos marami pang iba

i need money ./para makakwento ako ng first million ko

Been there. Minsan kelangan talaga mag-credit card kasi di pa kaya ng sweldo yung mga gastusin. Pag nag-salary increase na, mababayaran naman. I remember mine. Back in 2009 I have Php100K debt sa CC. In 2010, bumaba sa Php75K then zero na by 2011. Unti-unti nabayaran lahat. Ang benefit is tumaas credit score ko so pag nag-apply ako ng housing or car loan, I get low rates than others.

Been there. Minsan kelangan talaga mag-credit card kasi di pa kaya ng sweldo yung mga gastusin. Pag nag-salary increase na, mababayaran naman. I remember mine. Back in 2009 I have Php100K debt sa CC. In 2010, bumaba sa Php75K then zero na by 2011. Unti-unti nabayaran lahat. Ang benefit is tumaas credit score ko so pag nag-apply ako ng housing or car loan, I get low rates than others.

Ilang months mo bago nabayaran Yung 100k sa banko ? Hindi ba dedanda ka Ng banko kasi Hindi ka makabayad

At pangit na credit rating mo

basically you cannot call them self-made "millionaires".. the term "millionaire" does not actually refer to a Filipino having a house worth 1 million pesos isn't it? otherwise, a lot of Filipinos will be "millionaires".. you have 1 million peso house and what does that make you? a lower-middle class Filipino citizen..

it could be applicable 20 years ago when 26 pesos trades to 1 dollar.. but with the depreciation of the peso.. coupled with inflation.. nope..having 1 million pesos asset or net worth does not mean that person should be called "millionaire".

i mean, we don't expect this same question to prop up in future conversations, like 10 years from now.. tieing yourself to 1 million pesos now and 10 yrs from now will be hilarious..

12 years later, which is now, having 1 Million in net worth is still relevant but just apply it to the currency where one works.

For those working in Philippines, in 2018, many are still renting and earning below Php50K a month. Thus being able to have a million pesos is still very relevant even though the thread was started in 2006.

By 2026, we'll see. :)