Places That You Have Driven

QC to subic. used the new SCTEX (subic -clark - tarlac expressway) ang saya. sobrang haba ng straights and merong easy to moderate turns. 2 hours lang from qc to subic. :)

But isn't driving to Subic using the old route just 2 1/2 hrs? Parang sayang lang yung extra gastos on fuel and toll fees for a paltry 30 mins.

Anyway, para hindi OT, I have just driven in the States and I now understand why they prefer using big engined-cars. Ang bibilis kasi nilang tumakbo sa freeway. And it's not just the cruising speed that's fast, you need to accelerate fast on the on-ramp to get in synch with those cars already on the freeway. On the right most lane, the ave. speed is about 55-60 mph- thats 90+ to 100 kph to us. Tapos those in the fast lane travel at around 80-90 mph (130-145 kph). Sana ganoon din dito at wala yung mga tumatakbo ng 50 kph sa NLEX or SLEX. Or tumatakbo lang ng 70-80 kph tapos nasa left-most lane na ayaw tumabi kahit madaming gustong mag overtake.

Edited by kanski

montreal to niagara falls and vice versa with 2 stops each trip, 7 hours drive each trip. (every summer)

montreal to quebec city, vice versa

montreal to calgary alberta (3 days with so many stop overs and motel overnights)

montreal to ottawa

montreal to new york ( 3hours lang each trip)

this june 5 i will be driving to chicago to attend a bestfriend's bday

lately....

balad, iraq to taji, iraq to baghdad, iraq - just got back from a 7 months tour in iraq...guarding supply convoys...HOOOOAHHH

drove from va beach, virginia to san diego, ca about 2x na...by myself...3-4 days...

va beach to los angeles

va beach to miami, fl

va beach to nyc

va beach to oklahoma city, ok - to see a fling...lol

va beach to detroit, michigan

iloilo city to roxas city to kalibo to caticlan to san jose, antique then back to iloilo city in 2005

All around Bangkok, Thailand.

Bangkok - Pattaya - Rayong

Bangkok - Nakorn Ratchasima

Bangkok - Hua Hin

Excellent roads, pretty views. Bad trip lang ang Thai drivers kasi mahilig tumutok AT HIGH SPEED! Bwisit.

It's fun being able to drive on the wrong side of the road, ika nga, kasi left forward traffic sila (which also means your steering wheel is on the right side). But you get used to it soon enough.

But worse sa Myanmar ... right forward traffic sila pero right-side steering naman!!! Nakakatakot mag-overtake dun!!! :)

All around Bangkok, Thailand.

Bangkok - Pattaya - Rayong

Bangkok - Nakorn Ratchasima

Excellent roads, pretty views. Bad trip lang ang Thai drivers kasi mahilig tumutok AT HIGH SPEED! Bwisit.

It's fun being able to drive on the wrong side of the road, ika nga, kasi left forward traffic sila (which also means your steering wheel is on the right side). But you get used to it soon enough.

But worse sa Myanmar ... right forward traffic sila pero right-side steering naman!!! Nakakatakot mag-overtake dun!!! :)

Manila - Baguio and vice versa; I once drove from Baguio to Manila in 4.5 hours. It could have been 4 hours if we didn't stop for a rest room break.

Manila - Pagudpod and vice versa (promise - PAGOD ka pag dating mo sa Pagudpod)

Manila - Daet and vice versa

Manila - Naga - Legazpi - Daet

Manila - Tagaytay and vice versa

Manila - Subic and vice versa

• 3 weeks later...

San Francisco to LA to San Diego and back via I-5, US 101 and CA 1 - CA 1 aka PCH is the nicest, but slowest. 8+ hours for 400 miles. On I-5 it's 5 hrs including a put stop for gas and a snack.

SF north on PCH to the Oregon border, back on US-101.

Over the Sierras on I-50 and I-80 to Reno and Lake Tahoe, CA-89 (Carson Pass), CA-89 (Monitor Pass) and CA-120 (Tioga Pass). Tioga Pass hits 9200 ft above sea level before dropping down to the town of Lee Vining and Mono Lake on I-395. Logging roads in the Tahoe national forest north of I-80. Great camping, but be careful where you turn at night - you could end up in a logging clearing!

Sonoma, Mendocino and Napa.

Down to the Grand Canyon via historic Rte 66 (at least part of the way.....most of it is dusty, abandoned, and falling apart). Out to Canyon de Chelley and Canyon del Muerto on the Navaho reservation in New Mexico - and then down into the canyons and through, along and across the river along the bottom of the canyon. The White House ruins are awesome!

Seattle, and the Puget Sound area, then over the mountains to the Yakima Valley. Then up the road and across the Canadian border to Vancouver, BC.

Boston traffic is like Manila. And the area around Boston is pretty, picturesque and remarkably free of traffic.

New York City traffic is one big gridlock, and really big potholes! But the Hudson tunnel is cool! Upstate NY is rural and lazy - it encourages slow driving, except for a few mountain roads with lots of nice curves!

Florida is hot, humid and the drivers are old and slow!

Atlanta is just another big city. So is Portland. Norfolk is not so much a big city, and New Orleans - well, there was a hurricane two of the three days I was there so I just drove around the French Quarter. Cincinnati, OH and Lexington, KY are like Rochester, NY - little traffic, nice roads, easy driving. Denver downtown gives way to wide open spaces that invite speeding, but don't!

Tokyo is crazy. Hong Kong is just plain crowded but the drivers are civilized (at least they were until the influx of mainland Chinese! Taiwan - look out for those scooters! I'm afraid to drive in China!

The area around London is great to drive once you get used to being on the wrong side of the road, but London is nuts!

Paris drivers are like Manila drivers - I felt right at home. But driving through the backroads of Burgundy and the Loire Valley is an adventure - narrow roads through steep hills, with impressive chateaux and churches around every turn.

Roman drivers are crazy but actually not too bad!

The German autobahn is an experience not to be missed - you can't speed when there's no speed limit. Imagine going 150 mph - and getting passed by a Porsche GT2. Then imagine getting into a Ferrari 550 and passing a GT2 at 195 mph!

Finnish drivers (in Helsinki) are very civilized and very courteous. Danish drivers in Copenhagen are careful and considerate. Amsterdam - more bikes than cars!

I hope my driving adventures are not over!

went on a roadtrip with my parents and balikbayan relatives from manila to alaminos,pangasinan, to san fernando, la union, to vigan and back to manila

did most of the driving at a leisurely, sightseeing pace.

everybody enjoyed the trip immensely