Too Shy Ask For His/her Number

The topic title was really meant to be like this: "Too shy to ask for his/her number or give yours to him/her ( you feel he/she wants to ask you but is also too shy )...What to do?"

I guess i missed to type some words...and some of it just won't fit for the allowed space :wacko:

There really is no magic behind asking numbers, just ask away.

If you feel shy about it, write it up on a piece of paper and hand it over but it would look like your hitting on that person. One mistake most people make though is asking numbers by asking someone to do it for them. that is just pathetic.

So if you are shy, try to ask without looking into the person's eyes for the meantime.

The topic title was really meant to be like this: "Too shy to ask for his/her number or give yours to him/her ( you feel he/she wants to ask you but is also too shy )...What to do?"

I guess i missed to type some words...and some of it just won't fit for the allowed space   :wacko:

Sometimes, the anticipation of how the other person will react is what gives us cold feet. Just pop the question casually, as if you were breathing those words. Let them roll off your tongue, and you'll be done before you even know it. It's like preparing to jump off a diving board 20 feet above the pool; if you're not accustomed to it, the easiest way to overcome your fear of the height is to just take that leap without any hesitation.

Don't be afraid to take the initiative, especially so when you're certain that you sense a mutual romantic interest in each other. If you've done your homework properly, asking for the number would be a mere formality.

Edited by Manticore

I guess i missed to type some words...and some of it just won't fit for the allowed space  :wacko:

hindi ko kayang sagutin ito...

case to case kasi eh...

pero most of the time... hindi ko kilala yung girl then hihingin ko number niya... d ko kaya yun. dapat atleast may 10 minute conversation muna bago ako maglalakas loob na kunin number niya.

pero pag nasa bar at nakasayaw ko na siya o nakatitigan... kahit walang usapan lalapit ako at kunin ko number niya.

This is what I did on with my hubby when I sense na gusto niyang hingin din ang number ko but he's too shy din...I just handed him my number on a piece of paper and I asked for his in return nonchalantly...I think I asked him about fixing my car or about gimmick sked...

Edited by hottlipss
yesterday... i spent a good 1 and a half hour with a man i just met :wub: ...and he was really fun to be with...we both made each other laugh...we talked about alot of things...til it's almost time to part ways...a couple of times...while we were chatting he let out his cellphone...wagging it while talking...sometimes...he seems to be checking or just plain gazing at it  :blink: ...i really had a good time with this guy...and i really wanted to get his number...but i was so shy :unsure: ...until i completely forgot... :wacko: ....After we parted ways....i felt so stupid not asking for his number and was wondering if his gestures meant he felt the same too but was also too shy to do it. :wacko:  :mtc:
  • Like (+1) 1
yesterday... i spent a good 1 and a half hour with a man i just met  ...and he was really fun to be with...we both made each other laugh...we talked about alot of things...til it's almost time to part ways...a couple of times...while we were chatting he let out his cellphone...wagging it while talking...sometimes...he seems to be checking or just plain gazing at it  ...i really had a good time with this guy...and i really wanted to get his number...but i was so shy  ...until i completely forgot...  ....After we parted ways....i felt so stupid not asking for his number and was wondering if his gestures meant he felt the same too but was also too shy to do it.

before he got a chance to walk away you shouldve said sumthin like "hey! arent you gonna get my number?!"

For the boys:

Confidence is the key. Yung eksakto lang, wag sobra na parang presko o mayabang ang dating mo.

Mindset. No fear of rejection. No hesitation.

Practice. Do your lines in front of the mirror. After that, practice with friends - boys then girls. Do not be so intense as to make her wary or even afraid of you. Be as nonchalant as possible, na para bang "kung di mo ibigay e ok lang"

By experience, do not just go up to a girl and ask for her number. Eye-contact muna, approach kung mabasa mo na "pwede," pasok. Chat her up, read the signs.

Pag ok na, tsaka mo hingin ang number.

Kung di naman ok ang pasok mo, di ka naman kakausapin nun e. Ni hindi ka na aabot sa puntong makakahingi ka ng number.

Good luck!

Sa girls:

Ewan ko ba. Lalaki ako e.

Pero yung mga nanghingi na ng number ko e parang ganoon din ang style. Pa-cute lang nga muna para pansinin. Pag may eye-contact na, cum-hither ang look para lapitan nung guy.

Kabagsak-bagsakan, yung lalaki pa rin ang parang manghihingi ng number. Babanatan ka ba naman ng "aren't you going to ask for my number?" E di siyempre pag binigay na niya e kailangang magbigay na rin yung lalaki.

Ang galing 'no?

Mas ok pa nga sa kanila kasi madalang naman na di magbigay ang lalaki ng number pag hiningi ng babae - maganda man o pangit.

Less risk for rejection.

• 4 weeks later...