Hongkong Disneyland

If going to Boracay and HK disneyland, let's say 3 days 2 nights

Boracay you'll enjoy the sun, beach, party and the relaxation that it will give you.

Unlike with Hongkong Disneyland. Aside for the whole afternoon enjoying this latest Mickey Mouse headquarters in Asia. You will also enjoy the other tourist spot in HK like Ocean Park, NP, The Peak, AOS, Star Ferry cruise, the numerous parks and museums, non-stop shopping, and cantonese food.

If budget is not a factor, depends on what you want. A cozy/ lazy get away with someone you want to be with, then probably Boracay would be the answer.

For non-stop fun, family tour or couples who enjoys walking, shopping, loves dimsum, roasted goose, duck, pork, Iced milk tea and lots of photos then definitely HK Disneyland and the island of Hong Kong is the place to be. ;)

it depends on what you fancy, if you like the sun and nature, then do a local trip. if you like to experience a different culture and way of life, go to HK. but mind you april is the start of summer in HK and it's not really comfortable walking around disneyland in summer. winter is the best time to go to HK to really enjoy it. visit my signature.

• 2 weeks later...

When you go to Disneyland better go early, they open 10 or 1030 am and stay till evening to watch The disney in the stars fireworks. Roughly you need around 6 hours to enjoy the rides, stage shows, and different attractions in the park. It's a must for children and the young at hearts. Much better to visit it in the winter season.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d113/brodz2/PEX/DSCF8754.jpg http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d113/brodz2/PEX/DSCF8785.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d113/brodz2/PEX/DSCF8820-2.jpg http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d113/brodz2/PEX/DSCF8759-1.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d113/brodz2/PEX/DSCF8854.jpg http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d113/brodz2/PEX/DSCF8858.jpg

Edited by Juan1
  • 2 weeks later...
as i've said, the budget for a hk disney trip is almost the same as the budget if you go to a top notch philippine resort like borac,palawan, etc. Given only a single choice, where would you rather go? pros and cons...

go Palawan then, Coron/Busuanga side not the Puerto Princesa. mas iba pa rin dating ng nature, snorkeling with family, lounging at the resort, seeing your kids play in the sand. Sa HK Disney, mapapagod ka sa rides, sa lakad, sa ikot. Sa Palawan, relaxed kayo lahat, mabagal takbo ng oras.

HK Disneyland is, just a glorified EK. I've been to LA, Florida and HK Disneyland in that order, malayo ang HK sa 2. Pag ipunan mo na lang Orlando Disney, nasa kalahati ka na, sulit bro.

Kung trip mo umalis agad, Palawan, wag Bora, di healthy ang atmosphere ng Bora sa kids.

• 2 weeks later...
HK Disneyland is, just a glorified EK. I've been to LA, Florida and HK Disneyland in that order, malayo ang HK sa 2. Pag ipunan mo na lang Orlando Disney, nasa kalahati ka na, sulit bro.

My sentiments exactly. Pag hindi pa nakapunta ang mga kids sa ibang disneyland, this is a good place to be.

Well, pag nakapunta ka na. -- "Papa nasaan ang Animal Kingdom? Nasaan ang Epcot? blah blah blah"

Well, while you're in HK, you can visit their Science Center or it is Science Museum.

country first bro...go bora or even pagudpud first...then go HK...

bora for fun and couples on trips

hk disney pampamilya

tama k dyan dyan.... visit the country firstbefore you go out... but d lang bora and pagudpud... dami p dyan... as long as your adventurous..... we have one of the longest coastline in the world.... d lang pagudpud and bora..... may palawan.... caramoan.... and other beaches that nid to be discover....

Expensive is relative, that's why i asked for the budget. If you will stay in a suite of a 5 star hotel in hong kong then that would definitely be a more expensive trip than staying in discovery shores or shangrila boracay. amanpulo? hmm close call.

And like i said, the local attractions aren't the same as the foreign attractions so you can't compare HK disneyland with our resorts even if they cost the same.

• 1 month later...

Hong Kong for Dummies (Pinoy's Guide to HK)

http://pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=394843

Chapter 1 - General Information

Topics covered:

About Hong Kong

Planning Your Trip

Tour Packages

Travel Agencies

Currency Exchange & Money Changers

Accommodation in Hong Kong

Information on Hotels and Hostels

Chapter 2 - At The Airport

Topics covered:

What To Do at the HK Airport

The Octopus Card

Getting to your Hotel/Hostel

The Hong Kong MTR

Chapter 3 - Sightseeing

Topics covered:

Sightseeing in Hong Kong

Top 10 Tourist Spots

Things to do in Hong Kong

Breakdown of Famous Districts

Planning an Itinerary

Sample Itineraries

Useful Websites for Newbies / First Timers

Hong Kong Online Maps

Chapter 4 - Shopping and Dining

Topics covered:

Shopping in Hong Kong

Sale Season Guide

Electronics Shopping Guide

Shopping Recommendations

Local Dining Recommendations

Chapter 5 - Frequently Asked Questions (and Answers)

Topics covered:

Frequently Asked Questions

Useful Tips / Reminders for First Timers

Buying a SIM Card in Hong Kong

Discounted Theme Park Tickets

Chapter 6 - Miscellaneous

Topics covered:

Weather and Climate of Hong Kong (including Real-Time weather forecast)

Transportation Instructions for various tourist spots and theme parks

Introduction to Macau

Introduction to Shenzhen

Finding something in Hong Kong

Appendix 1

Topics covered:

Exchanging HKD in BDO

Hong Kong Holidays

How to Post Pictures Here

Last Minute Reminders

Youtube Videos of Hong Kong (Useful for First Timers)

Travel with prEttyNDistress

Appendix 2

Topics covered:

Detailed Guide on using the Airport Bus

Appendix 3

Topics covered:

Sample Disneyland Itinerary

Locating the Famous Spots in Hong Kong

• 2 weeks later...

if ever you'll be going to HK Disneyland just ride MTR which is easy as 1-2-3. be early as 9am for some picture takings and queue in line for a photo-op with your favorite Disney characters before those rides.

HK Disneyland is the best alternative for the family in experiencing the Disney magic, well if money is of no concern Walt Disney World is always the best. As for Anaheim Disneyland you'll get to experience Anaheim Disneyland about 40% in HK Disneyland sans the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, Tiki Room, Steamboat, Indiana Jones ride, Haunted Mansion

if ever you'll be going to HK Disneyland just ride MTR which is easy as 1-2-3. be early as 9am for some picture takings and queue in line for a photo-op with your favorite Disney characters before those rides.

HK Disneyland is the best alternative for the family in experiencing the Disney magic, well if money is of no concern Walt Disney World is always the best. As for Anaheim Disneyland you'll get to experience Anaheim Disneyland about 40% in HK Disneyland sans the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, Tiki Room, Steamboat, Indiana Jones ride, Haunted Mansion

too bad, the indiana jones ride is one of the best rides in disney, un pa ang wala

• 3 weeks later...
is it advisable to go to hongkong in july or august or september? i mean weather wise?

That's sale season meaning you can really buy plenty of cheap clothes. Pero weather wise, it's hot and humid. Sometimes rainy or worse, typhoons. Chamba chamba talaga.

Everything about Hong Kong can be found here:

http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=428807

Edited by xiamen
  • 2 weeks later...