Old Metro Manila

• 2 weeks later...

I've never been awed like that by seeing Metro Manila back then through crystal clear pics. Grabe, hayop sa kagandahan ang Manila noon. Ngayon, hayop din ang Manila, hayop sa polusyon, trapik, nawawalang green color sa paligid, atbp. It seems that I envy those people who grew up back then during the progressive times of Metro Manila as shown by the pics. 'Yung border ng Makati at Mandaluyong dati, napakalinis at wala pang mga billboards which was a good thing. Guadalupe Mall looks clean pa dati.

Nagulat ako dun sa side ng Makati when someone mentioned, "when you look to your right, you would see Rockwell" if naging present day 'yung mga pictures.

I can imagine the wind in your hair once you're driving in Highway 54. The air is clean, cool, and windy. No need siguro noon for airconditioned vehicles. Speaking of vehicles, I really dig the vintage look. The top-down convertibles, old station wagons, two-door cadillacs, and many more, including the 1960's Ford Mustang, which I believe dumating din naman siguro dito sa 'Pinas 'yun.

Manila Bay looks clean and mukhang maganda mag-stroll or just chill. Baywalk is nice but compare it to the past Manila Bay, I'd prefer the latter. The roads way back are clean and not a sign of black markings on the road caused by smoke-belching vehicles.

Of course, who would forget the wardrobe? Hehehe...the pointy-collared polos, flares (or was it flairs?), the long hair, baby-sized shirts, sophisticated women's clothes, and not to mention, those big ass sunglasses! Haha! Astig talaga! No wonder there are parties today that is retro themed.

Lastly, naabutan ko pa 'yung nagpapalabas ang COD during the Yuletide season. The last one, I believe, was shown in 1989 and I was naaalala ko pa 'yun vividly. I was with my lola and she was with her friends. Saya saya talaga noong araw and I wish na sana I could travel back in time.

I really enjoyed looking at the photos too.

Does any know what make the reddish car behind the light blue vw is? It’s just the front showing, and it looks some what like a {55 chevy},

It has some sort of air induction on its hood too, only the front forth of the car is showing, by poster, {virtute}.

Does any one mind if I copy some of the photos for my own viewing? I would like to make a slide show on a cd, and set it to music,

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Ayus, ganda talaga ng view dati, I could still remember the fresh sea breeze coming from Manila Bay nung Early 80's, di tulad ngayun na iba ang malalanghap mo ngayun pag tambay ka sa Baywalk, not to mention yung makikita mong floating debris na galing sa Pasig.....

Not to mention the POKPOK loitering around the metro looking for some customers. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But aside from these bad things that has happened. There's still a lot of good things that will compensate us nowadays, like when you are in BAYWALK during weekends or friday night. You could get to see and meet up a lot of chicks going to gimiks till dawn. :thumbsupsmiley: Also, in MALATE. By the way, does anyone here have pics of MALATE way back then ? I wonder what the place looks like without those bars and disco houses. :blush: :mtc:

• 1 month later...