• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Crypto currency is too risk imo too many uncertainties and l heard its being boosted by the same people behind it by infusing a lot of money into it to make it look profitable. I'm interested in how mutual funds works, I always read about it but really have no idea on how it goes. Any kind hearted soul out there willing to give us a quick low down on how it works? :)

• Like (+1) 2

my uncle invested his retirement at online forex last year.....from 1M capital luckily he earned 12M but did not return again afraid of losing the huge income

This actually true if you’re dealing with the right broker and trader and a proper system for monitoring, fund transfers, profit sharing et al.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Under normal circumstances you're 200K won't get you any decent returns. You'd be lucky to get 50K in total returns in 5 years through stocks.

Given the weakening peso and the strengthening dollar, you're better off turning it into $4K and throw it into a 5-year time deposit somewhere.

The common folk never gets sizable returns in investing. Kung mabeat mo lang annual inflation, matuwa ka na. Those who make money off stocks are those who have some tricks up their sleeves.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

assuming you're keeping a 9 to 5 job and want to keep at it, and assuming may emergency fund ka na nakatabi na

buy 1 good personal finance book, sabihin na nating worth mga 1k para madali bilangan

buy 1 good book on the stock market, again assume worth 1k

buy 1 good book on the financial system, again assume around 1k

buy 1 good book on crypto currencies, assume mga 2k

after all that

invest remaining 20% in blue chip stocks (jolibee, pldt, etc)

invest 20% in an equity heavy mutual fund

invest 15% in own stock picks

invest 5% in bitcoin

invest 20% in a balanced investment fund (mahilig sa bonds, govt debt, etc)

invest 20% in an index fund

reinvest interest in respective source

Edited by PenetrayShawn
  • Like (+1) 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

No Im not doing anything but payingattention and some research. Its all luck same time I start looking into gold its jumped 159 an oz. Ive never had money to invest as I have kids and any spare money always gets sucked up by them. This is all purely for conversation and Im not trying to brag or gloat but this has made a substantial amount of money in a very short time.

• Like (+1) 1

No Im not doing anything but payingattention and some research. Its all luck same time I start looking into gold its jumped 159 an oz. Ive never had money to invest as I have kids and any spare money always gets sucked up by them. This is all purely for conversation and Im not trying to brag or gloat but this has made a substantial amount of money in a very short time.

Are you buying GLD or bullion? GLD went up 23% YTD.