The Best Pancit Malabon & Pancit Palabok

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest pinaghatihottie

Palabok ba ang hanap nyo?

Sa Razon's na! Kaya lang konti ng serving para sa price nila. Pero meron isa sa Malabon, nabasa ko na sya sa isang post... yung Nanay's dun sa malapit sa Arellano sa Concepcion. Taob talaga. Sa isang bilao worth 450 or 475 yata yun, more than 12 persons na busog sa sarap ang makakakain. Sobrang sulit kasi sa sahog.

And meron pa isa sa Navotas, yung Norma's. Sarap rin nun!

Eto ang tip ko sa Nanay's: Yung palabok pag bumili ka, samahan mo na ring nung isang bilao nila ng puto, mura lang, nasa mga 14" ang diameter, 150 pesos lang. Putong puti na may keso & itlog na maalat. Hmm... Sawap!

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

For me, the best pancit malabon is still in malabon and the best pancit luglog is still in navotas. The problem is their location, its too far for most people to enjoy.

The difference between pancit malabon and pancit luglog:

Pancit malabon has few "sahog". Hard boiled egg, shrimp and baguio pechay. In short, malinis ang presentation. It is an insult to the one who prepared if you put "patis" in your pancit malabon.

Pancit luglog originated in Navotas (or so they say). It is very similar to pancit malabon except that they put "adobong pusit" and the pechay is the dark green variety. It is ok to put "patis" and "paminta".

Although I like both pancit malabon and pancit luglog, my personal preference is the pancit luglog of navotas.

Where to get it? You can buy pancit malabon at "Rosy's" in Malabon. There's a news article that Imelda Marcos loves it so much that she requested the owner to open a branch in Roxas Blvd (Philtrade). The competitor store is Nanay's which is also good.

Authentic pancit luglog is the one from Norma's in Navotas. It's competition is Auring's which is near Norma's. Delicious taste is the same but price of Auring's is lower.

Again, these are just my personal preference. Taste for each person will vary.

Pancit luglog originated in Navotas (or so they say). It is very similar to pancit malabon except that they put "adobong pusit" and the pechay is the dark green variety. It is ok to put "patis" and "paminta".

Pancit "Luglug" originated from Pampanga. Luglug means hugas. The noddels, rather than cooked like bihon is just soaked until it becomes tender and then the sauce is added.