Boston Celtics

• 2 weeks later...

Olat ang Celtics sa Thunder ... rolleyes.gif The lead of the Knicks over the C's is at 5 games. The interest now shifts to the battle of 3 teams who all have 29 loses in their battle for playoff positioning.

It seems that the top 8 teams have been decided as early as now in the East. The Heat IMHO will secure the top seed based on the way they are playing now and the lead they have over the rest of the teams. As such, I wonder if the C's will intentionally avoid being seeded 4th or 5th so as not to have a potential 2nd round match-up with the Heat. Of course, this is assuming they won't be 8th.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Downvote 2

The C's remained at 6th in the east with the win over the raptors. Miami seems to have lock the number one spot. Can the C's finish 2nd or 3rd? If not, I wonder if they would want to land as the 4th or the 5th seed assuming they would not end up as the 8th so as to avoid an early showdown with the heat.

welcome back mr fair weather celtic fan ... congrats for the winwink.gif

Edited by fatchubs
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Downvote 1

sana maging 8th seed ang celtics come playoff

Maganda yan ... no excuses ...

hindi na makakahirit ng "we're one win away from getting to the finals" kung natalo.

At maganda abangan ang magiging performance ni Allen vs his old team. Will he be a factor or a non factor? He may just score 3 pts ... but if that would come as the game winning shot in the final game that turns into a one point win for the Heat, I wonder if its all about stats or there are "intangibles" just like him being able to produce when the team needs it most. laugh.gif

• Like (+1) 2
  • Downvote 1
Davis outreached Kevin Garnett and Jeff Green for a last-second tip-in, and the Hornets snapped a four-game skid with an 87-86 victory over the Celtics on Wednesday night.

"His first game-winner comes on night when he's sick and puking and doesn't feel his best," Hornets coach Monty Williams said. "So kudos to him."

Boston coach Doc Rivers said the Celtics got what they deserved, adding that he could see it coming late in the second quarter when Boston "went from being a solid, good-looking team to show time."

ESPN

• Like (+1) 1
"I've had a chance to [review] it, and it was one of my better ones," James said. "The fact that it happened to J.T. made it that much sweeter. Because we all know J.T. and he talks too much sometimes. And I'm glad it happened to him."

hindi pa rin matapos-tapos ang trash talking laugh.gif ... mainit talaga si LBJ ito kaya ang rason?

Last week, Terry said he wasn't impressed with the Heat's then-21-game winning streak, which has now reached 23 games.
  • Like (+1) 3

I agree with some analysts that the Celtics are the biggest thread to the Heat in the playoffs. James now knows that if Pierce and Green are on the floor together, he'd have to guard either of them and he'll have to work on offense as well as defense. Wade seems to have a hard time against the Cs. In the games against the Heat when Bradley was there, Wade scored, 17 and 16, respectively, below his 21 ppg average for the season, including a horrendous 6-20 shooting night when the Cs beat the Heat in overtime last January. The bench has to step up in order for the Heat to beat the Cs. Chalmers stepped up in the recent victory against the Cs. James may be the best player in the NBA right now but he couldn't do it alone.

If ever this series pushes through this season, it will be another barn burner of a series.

i think i'll have to add indiana to the threats to miami's back-to-back championship aspirations. a heat-celtics or heat-pacers series will most likely go the full route.

• Like (+1) 1

I agree with some analysts that the Celtics are the biggest thread to the Heat in the playoffs. James now knows that if Pierce and Green are on the floor together, he'd have to guard either of them and he'll have to work on offense as well as defense. Wade seems to have a hard time against the Cs. In the games against the Heat when Bradley was there, Wade scored, 17 and 16, respectively, below his 21 ppg average for the season, including a horrendous 6-20 shooting night when the Cs beat the Heat in overtime last January. The bench has to step up in order for the Heat to beat the Cs. Chalmers stepped up in the recent victory against the Cs. James may be the best player in the NBA right now but he couldn't do it alone.

If ever this series pushes through this season, it will be another barn burner of a series.

Or another way to look at it is just to allow either PP or Green to score all they want and limit the rest ...this way LBJ can conserve his energy on D until maybe the the later part of the game when it mattered most.

Also if ever it happens, will Ray Allen be a factor in this series against his former team?

I definitely wanna see a Celtics Heat 1st round match-up. Win or go FISHING

Edited by fatchubs
  • Like (+1) 2

i think i'll have to add indiana to the threats to miami's back-to-back championship aspirations. a heat-celtics or heat-pacers series will most likely go the full route.

based on the current standings, a Pacer -Celtics series is most likely to happen before either a heat-pacer or a heat - celtics series.

I would think the C's would prefer to meet the Pacers than the Heat early on.

• Like (+1) 1

The Pacers have a distinct advantage in height in the center and power forward positions. Most probably, James will be guarding David West and Bosh will be guarding Hibbert so the Heat would have a difficult time in the paint with the both of them, not to mention West's steady mid-range game, but the advantage in height of the Pacer front line could well be negated by the Miami back court of Chalmers and Wade who, I think, are better than the starting Indiana combo of Stephenson and Hill. The Pacer bench is currently outscoring the Heat bench by 4 points per game. In my opinion, this is an indication that the Heat are heavily dependent on James and Wade. James has been playing superb basketball in the Heat's current 23-game tear but he has to pace himself for an expected deep playoff run by the Heat. So yes, aside from the Celtics, it's the Pacers which could give them a real challenge.

absolutely...james and company should start pacing themselves especially now that the playoffs is just around the corner. is it really worth it going after the record of 33 consecutive wins?

parang di OT when will garnett return to action?

Edited by junix

Garnett already did in their sorry loss to the Hornets. It's not really bad to equal or surpass the 33 wins of the 1971-72 Lakers but it may take its toll on the Heat come playoff time since you will have to play at optimum level in order to achieve that mark and, in effect, it will take its toll on the players' bodies. Case in point was the game against the Cavs. Rallying from 27 points down is impressive but, at the same time, you expend a lot of energy. Spoelstra should think of resting his main guys in some games in order to save their energy for the playoffs.

that's what i was thinking. expending too much will certainly take its toll on the big guns of miami come playoff time.

ok...so garnett's injury wasn't really that serious to sideline him for many games.