usapang tungkol sa bilyar.

my favorite billiard players ---- Efren Bata Reyes and Lee Van Corteza

san madalas magbilyar ------ Sta. Lucia East Grand Mall Phase III and Rolling Stones Tomas Morato

san madalas ang pustahan--Sta. Lucia East Grand Mall Phase III

marami din nagpupuntang mga pros sa Sta. Lucia like (Nikoy, Revo, Lee Van, Jeff de Luna, carlo biado, etc..) madalas yan mkipagpustahan dito at nagbibigay ng magandang partida.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

anu ang mas mahalaga sa bilyar? pocketing skills? or cue ball control?

xempre pag master mo na pareho yan, ibang level ka na pre. hehehe.

pero para sa akin mas mahalaga ang cue ball control skills kasi pag mataas ang skill mo sa pagkontrol ng pato mapapadali ang preparation mo sa next object ball at makakaiwas ka na ma-scratch at "bolada" kasi kabisado mo kung saan ang punta ng cue ball pag tira mo. hehehe. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

How's bata ngayon?

oh man, i've been busy and i forgot about this topic that i started. here it goes.

bata is still actively playing in competitions/tournaments and money games. he is turning 60 next month. recently, he didn't make it in the knockout stages of the 2014 World 9 Ball Championship in Qatar. he lost to Karl Boyes. as a "tirador" he is still roaming around the country playing money games. you can visit you tube and just type money game then search. you can watch lots of filipino cue artists playing money games. pros and amateurs. but of course live action is better, you can feel the thrill. last time i saw him in live action was last 2007, Sta. Lucia East Grand Mall Billiards and Bowling Center. He played money game there and he won the match against an unknown amateur. i am too busy now to follow his lead. but he is still my idol!

good luck to the legend Efren "Bata""The Magician" Reyes

efren reyes parin. in his prime ibang klase pcketing at cue control, not to mention ang creativity nya. there was one game napanood ko na he even used the jaw "kanto" ng side pocket to deflect the cue ball to pocket a the 1 ball sa corner. haha kakaibang kalawit.

earl strickland - ibang klase kumarga ng "english"

ronnie alcano - mr swabe!

100% agree efren bata reyes....the legend

oh yes that shot. you can watch that video at youtube. incredible, unbelievable, crazy, amazing, wow!

on "the pearl" earl strickland..yes he is good but he has attitude problem, he could not get along with the crowd which many times affect his game...hehehe

on "the volcano" ronnie alcano...yes he is also great as he was a recognized world champion in 9 balls and 8 balls. too bad he and django didn't play in the 2014 world 9 ball championship.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

nagpa-tournament c Manny Pacquiao sa Gensan Doubles 10-Ball 'MP Cup GenSan Tuna Festival International Open 10-Ball Billiards Team Tournament'. http://sports.inquir...of-pacquiao-cup

oo nga...thorsten hohmann ang nagchamp sa singles tinalo niya si roberto gomez at ang dalawang jeff (jeff de luna at jeffrey ignacio) ang nanalo sa doubles event.

Edited by deathscythe0402

2014 World Cup of Pool

great job by our very own Dennis Orcollo and Lee Vann Corteza as they beat a very feisty Chile team in the first day of the world cup of pool. our next opponent is france. good luck dennis and lee vann. God bless

day two will be very exciting. As Chinese Taipei, England A, England B and Team USA composed of sweet-shooting Shane Van Boening and Europe's number one enemy Earl Strickland will get their matches on the way.

if these teams will contantly win we can expect a USA vs. England A in the quarterfinals and i want to see if Earl Strickland will be true to his words and walk his talk when he said in an article and I quote from Earl Strickland "We'll slay Team England and win World Cup". sure there is bad blood between Earl Strickland and some European players rooting from the Mosconi Cup years back. well, that makes it more exciting.

nasabi na ba yang ni Earl 'the pearl' strickland kina Bata at Django? :)

sa pagkakaalam ko hindi. tumaas na rin kasi ang respeto niya kay Bata at Django lalo na pareho silang mga Hall of Famers at mga kilalang world champions pero dati inamin ni Efren Bata sa isang interview na sinabi ni Earl Strickland na suwerte lang si Bata kaya siya nananalo. alam naman nating lahat na sa bilyar kailangan din ng swerte bukod sa "skill". hehehe. :D

napaka-swerte ni Lee Van Corteza...https://ph.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/thepassionatefan/ph-makes-world-cup-of-pool-quarters-on-cortezas-032238110.html

swerte talaga..kaya lang kinapos tayo sa Finland sa quarterfinals. bawi tayo next year.

hindi natupad ang sinabi ni Earl Strickland na papaslangin ng Team USA ang Team England ng tinalo sila quarterfinals. bawi na lang sila next year at may Mosconi Cup pa sila sa December.

congrats sa England A...well-deserved champions...