Photo

Poll: The Best And Worst Of Filipino Presidents

best president worst president poll

• Please log in to reply
318 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll: The Best And Worst Of Filipino Presidents (159 member(s) have cast votes)

Best

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Worst

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Eddy Syet

Eddy Syet

Are you Syeting me?!

• (13) Giga Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14073 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, Sex, Romance, Movies, Coffee, Lea Salonga and Maja Salvador.

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:19 AM

Allow me to educate you, Sir.

Marcos is really without peer among Philippine presidents.

He is the only Filipino president recognized by Forbes -- as the 2nd Most Corrupt Leader in the World for having embezzled $5 to &10 billion. Despite impoverishing our people by bankrupting the economy, he has remained beloved by many of his admirers -- a feat no other president can claim. He killed democracy by declaring martial law, yet many of our people still honor him for his greatness.

No other president can put blinders on many of our people. No other president can stunt the thinking process of many of our people.

Marcos is really the best.

Thank you, kind sir. Now if only other forumers here would educate me further.  :rolleyes:

Edited by SyetNaSyet, 12 September 2015 - 08:19 AM.

#22 Eddy Syet

Eddy Syet

Are you Syeting me?!

• (13) Giga Poster
  • 14073 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, Sex, Romance, Movies, Coffee, Lea Salonga and Maja Salvador.

Posted 12 September 2015 - 10:04 AM

Check out the infrastructure around you. The roads you use, the NLEX, the SLEX, the power plants that provide us power, the LWUA which was mandated by Marcos to give water to the provinces, the Heart Center, the Lung Center, etc. I haven't read your resources. "Yellow media" meaning the Cory Aquino/Ninoy Aquino ass-kissing media. I have no idea what decade you were born in but it seems to me you weren't even born during 1986. Like I said, look around you and you'll know what Marcos did.   

See? You haven't read my resources. So how can you say that I'm saying what I'm saying because I'm influenced by too much yellow media? So the ass-kissing that you're talking about. Is that a fact that the media was ass-kissing whenever they say something good about the Aquinos or something bad about the Marcoses? If it's a fact - then you must have proof. May I ask what your proof is? I mean if you won't chastise the Marcoses about their being corrupt simply because they weren't convicted, then wouldn't it be selective judgment on your end to say that the "yellow media" exists when you don't have proof that the media was ass-kissing?

Let me ask you: Isn't an ass-kissing media better than a government-controlled media? That's how it was during the Martial Law, right? You CANNOT report anything against, question, or criticize the government. At least with ass-kissing, there's freedom. You kiss ass because you want to. Now compare that with a press that's only reporting to the public what the government dictates. 

I've read up on Marcos' achievements. I know about everything that you mentioned. I was born in 1978. So yeah, I'm still a kid in 1986 but I'm already a human being then. Magkaiba tayo eh. Ako, I'm not saying that Marcos did not have any achievements to his name. I'm only saying that despite these achievements that you mentioned - the atrocities committed by the government, the police, and the military under his leadership cannot be ignored simply because - he wasn't convicted. 

Unfortunately, my research (or let's call it my reading of available materials about the Marcoses) ALSO showed the downside of his leadership. The way he treated his political rivals and their supporters and family, the international debt by the country that significantly grew during his tenure, the kidnappings, torture, and the judicial killings done by his elements are just some of the most infamous things that happened under his rule with an iron fist. Beth Day-Romulo for one, despite being married to Carlos P. Romulo who was a friend of the Marcoses, never failed to mention the lavish spending of Ferdinand and Imelda during Marcos' time in Malacanang.

Marcos did a lot of things. A lot of good things. Unfortunately for this observer - he also did a lot of bad things that outweighed the good things he did. That, my friend, is why I voted for him as the Philippines' worst president. I'm not clueless. I have a valid reason. So did 8 other souls who voted him. See, I did not vote for PNoy as the best president ever in the country but he still out-voted Marcos in this thread by 1. As for the worst, Marcos' votes are twice as much as the second placer. I'm sure they have good reasons for voting him too. I doubt that they were under the influence of the "yellow media" as you call it. 

So that's it? He's the best (or not the worst) president because he built a lot of infrastructures? We will just discount the fact that he abolished a lot of freedoms and rights by declaring Martial Law? That he seized corporations and companies just because the owners oppose him (remember the Lopezes and the Osmenas)? That there were massive vote-buying, violence and cheating during the elections near the end of his stay in power?

I believe I have enough reasons to support my vote. You on the other hand just continue to point at buildings, roads and bridges. 

#23 Eddy Syet

Eddy Syet

Are you Syeting me?!

• (13) Giga Poster
  • 14073 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 10:12 AM

Huh? Settle down? Why? Am I hot under the collar?  :lol:  I said to look around you and I thought you understood what I meant. Apparently, you didn't  so I had to explain it in my post prior to this. What facts that you said did I exactly challenge? 

Refer to my post which is two posts above this. 

Not settle down. I said settle that. They're different.  ^_^ By that, I was referring to your argument about facts. Believe me, I understood what you meant. Maybe you're somehow thinking that I'm dumb. I assure you that I'm not. I don't believe anyone here is hot under the collar. Not you and specially not me. 

Facts. I was asking if you have proof that the media was ass-kissing whenever they criticize Marcos after the EDSA revolution. If I criticize PNoy now (which I love doing lately), does that mean that I'm pro-Marcos?  ;)

#24 zolber

zolber

Wanton

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:12 AM

You know why Marcos was not convicted? He died on September 28, 1989, three years after he was ousted.

You cannot prosecute nor convict the dead.

#25 FleurDeLune

FleurDeLune

Chienne Počte

• 4275 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:12 AM

The other thread (with the same title as this) is visible now though it's still locked. I will hide it after 24hrs.

manilatonight.com/index.php?showtopic=55080

#26 maddromeo

maddromeo

Libertine

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • Interests:Gurls...Cars & JiuJitsu!!!

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:36 AM

Best: Marcos, Erap & GMA!

GMA the best for the fiscal management of our country, she's the one who took us out of IMF management! Diversed our economy, opening it up with Chinese ang other foreign investor, unlike before heavily dependent sa US. Kaya nung 2008 World Financial Crisis di natin naramdaman mga Pilipino yan! Dinevelop ang mga probinsya at dinecentralized ang national government!   :)

Worst FVR, Noy & Cory!

Cory started privatization and implemented WB/IMF Austerity measures! FVR binenta lahat ng government properties, GOCC's pati Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas!  Republic Act No. 7653, otherwise known as the New Central Bank Act, Kaya bumagsak ang exchange rate ng Peso-Dollar! Pero si Erap ang nasisise lage dito kasi nagkataon term na nya yung tumama ang Asian Financial crisis at nag epekto ng masama ang pinaggagawa ni FVR! I voted Pnoy as the worst kasi matapos lahat ng iba president eh puro paurong ang pinaggagawa nya sa ating bansa! Cenentralized ulit ang gobyerno natin! Pweh! :angry2:

Edited by maddromeo, 12 September 2015 - 11:39 AM.

#27 Eddy Syet

Eddy Syet

Are you Syeting me?!

• (13) Giga Poster
  • 14073 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:36 AM

The other thread (with the same title as this) is visible now though it's still locked. I will hide it after 24hrs.

manilatonight.com/index.php?showtopic=55080

+1

#28 Eddy Syet

Eddy Syet

Are you Syeting me?!

• (13) Giga Poster
  • 14073 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:53 AM

Did I say or imply that ass-kissing by the media is a fact? It is my opinion when I said that the "yellow media" is ass-kissing based on what I read about their demolition job on Marcos. In spite of the demolition job, the yellow media will have to live with one incontrovertible fact: Ferdinand and Imelda Marcos were never convicted.   

Opinion! And here you are lecturing me about facts.

Paki-hiwalay please yung mga kini-claim mong facts sa opinions mo. Para lang malinaw.

May previous thread pa pala ito. Even a forumer that you were debating with was asking for your sources but you cannot present any. So I guess di na lang ako aasa. It looks like everything you've been saying are opinions after all. :) 

Whatever those atrocities were, Marcos was never convicted so he is innocent until proven guilty. For me, what he did to alleviate the plight of the Filipino is not negated because of these alleged atrocities attributed to him. 

Sabi mo. So that's not a fact ulit - that's an opinion. Nasaan yung facts na matagal mo nang sinasabi? Doon ako interesado eh.

#29 Eddy Syet

Eddy Syet

Are you Syeting me?!

• (13) Giga Poster
  • 14073 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:01 PM

The ballooning international debt was caused by the IMF increasing interest rates not only on the Philippines but other countries. Treated political rivals? Why? Did he humiliate them in public? Had them killed? I never saw any political rival being humiliated in public. Are you sure he ordered these extrajudicial killings and torture? 

Sa previous thread ka pa hinihingan ng proof dyan. May nahanap ka na ba?

#30 Eddy Syet

Eddy Syet

Are you Syeting me?!

• (13) Giga Poster
  • 14073 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:04 PM

@ mason slake

Attached File  mason.jpg   27.43KB   0 downloads 

^THAT is what you said in the previous thread. So please, stop asking me to prove anything to you.

IKAW ang nakialam sa opinyon ko. So in this case, IKAW ang accuser, hindi po ako. So let's have those facts. Wala pa rin ba? 

#31 FleurDeLune

FleurDeLune

Chienne Počte

• 4275 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:11 PM

Mod FDL, I just have to comment on the voting. Alter nicks of one poster can vote  on this so I wouldn't give credence to it since I realized it. :)

Don't worry, I can detect i guess who are they. For now, it's still Marcos who is leading as the best. That's the real score if we gonna discredit some alternicks' votes.

After all, everyone seems having fun. ;)

Edited by FleurDeLune, 12 September 2015 - 12:14 PM.

#32 Eddy Syet

Eddy Syet

Are you Syeting me?!

• (13) Giga Poster
  • 14073 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:12 PM

This is your opinion but you are entitled to it but my opinion is he is the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be. If you saw the former thread, there were many posters who were in favor of Marcos. Mod FDL, I just have to comment on the voting. Alter nicks of one poster can vote  on this so I wouldn't give credence to it since I realized it. :)  

And this is where I'll have my final say on this. Tatagalugin ko na para malinaw na malinaw.

Hindi ko maintindihan kung bakit paulit-ulit mong sinasabi na entitled ako sa opinyon ko pero pilit mong ipinalulunok sa akin ang opinyon mo. Sa totoo lang - wala akong pakialam sa opinyon mo. Wala din akong pakialam kung may problema ka sa opinyon ko. Sabi mo entitled ako sa opinyon ko. Pero kung iku-quote mo ang opinyon ko para lang ipaalam sa akin (o sa amin) ang opinyon mo at ipagdiinan kung ano man ang ipinaglalaban mo eh kukuwestyunin ko kung totoo ngang nirerespeto mo ang opinyon ko.

Saan ako may problema? May problema ako sa pakikialam mo sa opinyon ko. Gusto mo ng proof? Mag-backread ka. Nag-quote ba ako ng opinyon mo? Hindi. Nag-quote ka ba ng opinyon ko? Oo. 

So eto na lang. Best president para sa'yo si Marcos. Fine. I can live with that. :) 

Sa opinyon ko - sya ang pinakamasamang naging president ng Pilipinas. Opinyon ko yan. LIVE WITH THAT. I don't have to prove anything to you. Nasabi ko na lahat ng pwede kong sabihin: mga opinyon ko, mga sources ko, everything. So that's it for me.

Have a nice day.  ^_^

#33 Eddy Syet

Eddy Syet

Are you Syeting me?!

• (13) Giga Poster
  • 14073 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:13 PM

Don't worry, I can detect i guess who are they. For now, it's still Marcos who is leading as the best. That's the real score if we gonna discredit some alternicks' vote.

After all, everyone seems having fun. ;)

And who won the poll for the worst, Ms. MOD?

Just asking.

Looks like the poll for best went to Marcos. 

I can live with that. ;)

#34 Eddy Syet

Eddy Syet

Are you Syeting me?!

• (13) Giga Poster
  • 14073 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:17 PM

Thanks, FDL. SNS, this is coming from Mod FDL and I would have to give credence to this statement. She knows what is going on in the votes for the best president.  :)

Oh who gives a f*ck about the result? Not me. 

If it says Marcos is the best, then Marcos is the best according to the ones who voted here. That's it. LOL.

Kailangan ba baguhin ko ang opinyon ko dahil lang mas marami ang bumoto na best president si Marcos sa poll dito? LOL ulit.

Last na talaga to. Hahaha. Sorry. Have a nice day everyone! :)

#35 Eddy Syet

Eddy Syet

Are you Syeting me?!

• (13) Giga Poster
  • 14073 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:21 PM

I challenged your opinion. I never accused you of anything. This is a forum so expect your opinions to be challenged. 

Pinakita ko na yun. Try backreading so that you will find that article. 

Wag na ako. LOL. I'm done, mate. Panalo ka na, talo ako

You're the best. Marcos is the best.   ;)

#36 FleurDeLune

FleurDeLune

Chienne Počte

• 4275 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:21 PM

And who won the poll for the worst, Ms. MOD?

Just asking.

Looks like the poll for best went to Marcos. 

I can live with that. ;)

As of this posting, it's the mother(Corry Aquino) who is prevailing as worst. :D

#37 Eddy Syet

Eddy Syet

Are you Syeting me?!

• (13) Giga Poster
  • 14073 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:24 PM

As of this posting, it's the mother(Corry Aquino) who is prevailing as worst. :D

LOL. Good to know. :) Thanks.

#38 FleurDeLune

FleurDeLune

Chienne Počte

• 4275 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:38 PM

That's enough now MS. SNS has presented his point of view very well. I am not saying i am taking any side on anyone of you here. @ MS: Learn to consider one's POV. TY

Edited by FleurDeLune, 12 September 2015 - 12:39 PM.

#39 IR○N B3^ST

IR○N B3^ST

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:56 PM

Worst is GMA. 9 years in servce pero wala ngawa..

#40 Edmund Dantes

Edmund Dantes

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3878 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 06:15 PM

I wonder bakit hindi kasama si Aguinaldo sa poll. I don't know if he is THE worst president there is but definitely nasa top 3 sya. Why? he is said to be the father of Philippine corrruption. At bukod sa pandaraya nila sa Tejeros, palpak din yung republika nya kaya madaling bumagsak wala pang isang taon! At kundi ba naman bobo, pinapatay si Luna kasi natatakot na baka maglunsad sya ng Coup attempt. Ayan tuloy, walang matinong heneral napilitang tumakbo sa coldillera

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: best president, worst president, poll

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users